Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 12:14

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Question Hi I just Notice This Thread;

Hi I just noticed this over 50 thread. It seems nice to have the potential of communicating with people my own age. Younger folks have valuable information ,but haven't had the life experiences we older folks have had. I guess I really don"t have any questions or problems, accept for some unknown reason this week I have had huge carb cravings. Sometimes it gets really over powering and I have to leave the house and do something else. What do you do when the cravings for carbs get overwhelming? This morning I just went out and worked in my yard, yesterday I went Thrift store hopping just to get my mind off of it for awhile. Anybody got some other ideas? JUdy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 18:48
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%

welcome, glad you are here. journaling really helps when you write your menu and thoughts down. I love low carbing and this site

good luck
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 09:47

Wink

I found a supplement that is helping so far in my carb craving problem L Glutamine. In the last couple of days it seems to be doing the trick, Keep your fingers crossed. I love Low Carbing too, it's one of the only plans that work for me. I never plan to go back to the other way. I guess I am no good at journaling, have tried it a few times and have never been able to keep it going. Not that I can't, but my life is too hectic and after a week i finally remember I haven't journalled in a few days so I gave it up as a lost cause(HAHA). Thankyou for the welcome and have a great day. Judy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 12:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Judy - if I start getting "hungry" for something I shouldn't be eating, I force myself to eat hard-boiled eggs - as many as 3-4 of them! Typically that fills me up and makes me not want to eat anything for a while!

It also helps looking at a clothing catalog - I always like the "skinny" clothes best!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 09:03

Lightbulb

Thankyou Bonnie for the tip, it sure does make alot of sense. Judy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 15:14

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi, Born2run!

I am only 49, lol, but feel like this is where I belong, since I am in peri-meopause, and am finding weight loss much slower and harder than in the past.

And thanks, BKM, for the hard boiled egg tip. I will try it. I, too, like to look at regular size clothing catalogs for inspiration.

I hope you all don't mind me butting into this thread. I'll be fifty in just nine months!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 08:35

Wink

Hi Everyone,Welcome Happy LC, I certainly don't mind you dropping in for a chat. Bonnie you were absolutely right hard boiled eggs do help the appetite. Well yesterday I ran my 2 miles and did taebo. today I will probably do yoga. Yesterday I had exactly 40 carbs so today I am going to lower it to about 20. I heard sometimes if you mix up your carb count it shakes you into losing a little. We'll see if it works for me. Everyone have a great day. Judy