Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%
Default Life Lift Breathing and Exercise

Does anyone do this? I started Monday ... had breast reduction surgery 2 weeks ago and was not happy with my breathing response afterwards (it hurt to take deep breaths) ... so I surfed a bit and came up with these videos.

So far I like them, I feel "better" -- am able to breathe deeply and am far more awake early in the morning (as soon as I do a couple of deep Life Lift breaths). I am doing the workout video each morning (15 minutes, no special clothes) and like it -- no hard-to-do exercises (which I cannot do!) -- even an "exercise" to strengthen your knees (hope it works!) and another to rid your upper arms of that awful dangling flab.

I have the feeling that it's somewhat similar to Oxycise but gentler...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 08:21

Plan: CALP
Stats: 154/153/145 Female 5'6"
BF:33%
Progress: 11%
Default Life Lift

Bonnie,

I found your post by doing a Google search on Life Lift. I have been doing Body Flex and Oxycise (alternate weeks) for about 7 years. I like them both and they helped me a lot when I first started. I have been on CALP for about the same time. It took me a year or so to loose 30 lbs, and then I started to cheat in the eating department. I've been cheating for many years, but have maintained pretty well by being religious about the exercising. My weight crept back up 14 lbs, so June 1 I decided to get serious again. Despite good eating habits and the same exercise regimen, I have not lost *anything* in 2 weeks. That's when I decided to look for another variation on the breathing exercise program. (I also do Rebounding and walks in the woods with my dogs.) I am not totally sure Life Lift is the name of the other breathing program and wonder why no contact to buy the videos came up on the Google search. I'm just looking for something *different* to "jump start" me into losing. Could you please give me the phone number or web page for this program? Thanks.

Betty (Pawsreflect)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 15:16

Life Lift 's home page can be found at:

Life Lift

I am very happy with the breathing/exercise -- although I've not lost weight with it (5 weeks), I now bounce out of bed in the morning (instead of dragging around for 30 minutes or so), I can run up the 5 flights of stairs in the parking garage, my energy levels are really great, my face/skin is looking better, more "rested", I am getting much more "regular" -- my husband sort of ignored it when I started, then he saw me getting up so easily each morning -- now he does it too!

I am hoping to see some weight changes -- although I am very careful with my eating I just seem to stay at the same point (with perhaps a 3-pound variation) -- about the only way I can further modify my eating is to eat less (I don't eat that much to start with!) -- I really don't want to go on a starvation-type diet!

Let me know how you do!

Bonnie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 13:16

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 196/190/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default I just found Life Lift!

I Just Found Life Lift!

I just found “Life Lift” a few days ago. I just started the Atkins diet on 12-02-04 so I am new to that too. I quit smoking a year ago on … 1-8-05 … so my one year anniversary is just a week from now. I gained about 36 lbs when I quit smoking. That is when I decided to see if the Atkins diet would help me. I am down about 6 lbs now, that’s not great ….. but it is some.

To help my weight loss I was searching for body wraps when I came on to "Life Lift". I read the entire site. It sounded good to me so I ordered (All 6 videos, TWO Resistance Streach Bands and Animated OxygenZoo PLUS commuter CD and BONUS Reflexology chart) I figure that should cover all that I need to help get this weight off. It was expensive ….. but so was smoking!

I am also careful with my eating and I have followed Atkins to the tee and I am only down 6 lbs and I am still on the "Induction" over four weeks now. I think I will stay on the Induction a couple more weeks or more. I also have a Gazelle exerciser that I get on for … 20 …minutes or more Monday through Friday, I take the weekends off. I am hoping I can practice the breathing while I am excursing on my Gazelle.

I ordered my Life Lift videos etc on Friday December 31st and I got a notice in my email that they have already shipped it to me. I thought with the holiday that was really something! So I should be getting my package in a few days. I look forward to seeing what Life Lift is all about. I am at the computer a lot so I can use the CD to help with the exercises while I am working on the computer. I understand that I can also do them in the shower while walking, riding in the car and I guess most anywhere or anytime!

I will have to tell you what I think after I am able to use the "Life Lift" for a few weeks.
I am 58 years old. When I started Atkins I was up to 196 I am now at 190. So I hope I can start loosing more weight by adding Life Lift. Also, I think when we get older it is harder to loose the weight but ... I don’t like these extra 36 lbs and I am “NOT” going back to smoking to loose the weight again! I used to do that, I am “NOT” doing it this time. It is really a shame that smoking helps keep weight down! It’s too bad people don’t loose weight when they quit smoking, but that’s not how it works!

If anyone has any other suggestions for me, or have used Life Lift will you let me know how often you do it, and how it is working for you? Or any tips you can give me? I have read that people like to do it, it is “NOT” hard to do and they feel better. So I figure if I don’t loose weight Life Lift will help me anyway. Even tho I smoked, I still can take deep breaths and hold them for a long time. I was a swimmer when I was young and I still have great breath control. I am hoping there is something to Life Lift! I have never tried anything like it before. Thanks, Sue
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 369/350/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi, I see it's almost a year since this last posting and wonder if any of you are still using the life lift techniques?? Were they worth the money and do you think they really helped or were they just another waste of money. I looked at their web site and it, like everything else, sounds great but does it really work??
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:02

I've been doing the LifeLift breathing/exercises now for over a year and a half. If I miss the breathing part, I notice it immediately, though there are times I don't do all the exercises (like when we travel). I find it easy to do, and very portable (I was doing my breaths yesterday at the airport) -- I've incorporated exercises that target my problems (flexibility is what I'm particularly looking for), and every morning I do about 30 minutes of breathing/exercises. I really feel much better after getting through this -- it sort of wakes me up, stretches me out, and gets me "in gear" for the day....

I have not been sick for a year or so -- whether the LL is responsible for this, I don't know -- but it seems logical that increased oxygen flow would help....

Anyway, I intend to continue with this regime for the rest of my life....
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:43
Registered Member

Stats: 369/350/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thank you for replying Bonnie, it certainly makes sense when you think about it. I've heard many times that people like me that are so overweight should just try deep breathing to help with stamina and it really does work to help get the oxygen to the brain and it does wake you up, no question. I think I will look further into this. Thank you again. Mary