Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#646   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-12, 07:39

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

I have to update

Date......................1/2...........1/9............1/16............1/23

Name

Miezimau................203.2........201.4

not much, but it is moving in the right direction!
Tuesday I will start School, On Campus they are having a "biggest loser" competition. Starts January 30th through end of April. The top 3 weight loss % will win prizes. Our weigh- ins are on Wednesdays. So I will update my weight on Wednesdays. Registration is starting and not all are able to participate, so keep your fingers crossed I get a spot!
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 07:47

Plan: SBD-modified
Stats: 179.6/167.8/142 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Miezimau -- good luck! I hope you get a spot. Are you still thinking about eliminating one bad food at a time? I just know that for me, that would be very difficult because of cravings. I have tried South Beach several times in the past and always do well the first two weeks, but in week three I would add back in grains and by week four I'd blow the diet. At the time I thought I was just missing all my old foods and had no will power, but over time I've realized that the grains were bringing back my cravings. So this time, no grains until I reach goal weight (and then I'll think about it!!) I am just starting week 3, so I'll see if my theory proves out.
  #648   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 09:01
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/Feathers
Hi Miezimau -- good luck! I hope you get a spot. Are you still thinking about eliminating one bad food at a time? I just know that for me, that would be very difficult because of cravings. I have tried South Beach several times in the past and always do well the first two weeks, but in week three I would add back in grains and by week four I'd blow the diet. At the time I thought I was just missing all my old foods and had no will power, but over time I've realized that the grains were bringing back my cravings. So this time, no grains until I reach goal weight (and then I'll think about it!!) I am just starting week 3, so I'll see if my theory proves out.

Good PLan!!
  #649   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 06:16

BF:

I got a spot! Yeahy me But I have gained a few pounds back. UGH, Giving up bread is just the hardest thing for me. I don't even care if I can have pasta or cake or things like that, it is the German Bread, that gives comfort.

so to update the list:
Date......................1/2...........1/9............1/16............1/23

Name

Miezimau................203.2........201.4...........................205 .6

I think it is mostly water weight, because I am in school and have not been drinking enough water throughout the day and been having some high sodium counts. I started walking again after classes before going home and on Monday's and Wednesdays I will start going back to the gym after my class.
  #650   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 15:30
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hello to all of you was just wondering if I can re-join in this. I will not be able to start till officially till Saturday for today I had arthoscope done on my knee and I am unable to cook and exercise, etc till I see the doctor on Friday but I am excited to get ready for Saturday. Thanks.
  #651   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 23:05
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Hello to all of you was just wondering if I can re-join in this. I will not be able to start till officially till Saturday for today I had arthoscope done on my knee and I am unable to cook and exercise, etc till I see the doctor on Friday but I am excited to get ready for Saturday. Thanks.

Welcome Back!
  #652   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 06:18

BF:

Welcome back! I have been so busy with school and Homework and kids are starting Field and Track that I have hardly any time to be on here, let alone concentrated on my weight. I am still hovering around 205lbs as we speak, but at least I am not gaining and just maintaining.
  #653   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-12, 07:15
Attitude is a Choice

** bump**
The first few posts in this thread are the food lists and meal plan guides for phase I and II.
  #654   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:25

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 222/203/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Bumping for new people
  #655   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-13, 23:40

Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

I need to join this! I tried Atkins but keep losing and regaining the same 10 lbs.
  #656   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-13, 10:02
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebutt
I need to join this! I tried Atkins but keep losing and regaining the same 10 lbs.

Welcome!
I strongly suggest that you use the meal plan guide for phase I of South Beach as your guide for this switch. It will help you a lot to see what amounts to be eating, ie: portion controls.
Please see post #2 in this thread.

Good Luck!
  #657   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-13, 13:36

Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Welcome!
I strongly suggest that you use the meal plan guide for phase I of South Beach as your guide for this switch. It will help you a lot to see what amounts to be eating, ie: portion controls.
Please see post #2 in this thread.

Good Luck!

Thank you, Judy!
  #658   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-13, 05:02
Registered Member

Plan: SBD...some Atkins tips.
Stats: 184/156.6/140 Female 5'3"
BF:No clue
Progress: 62%

Thank you Judynyc for this awesome breakdown of portions, amounts and Lists. I love it and will print it out as soon as my printer ink comes in the mail. Starting slowly to Phase2 and was a bit confused on portion sizes. I am at 171 and looking much better thanks to Treadmill and discipline. I have a question...Do you have a recipe for Jicama baked fries..or adding some combo of spices that takes that sweetness away? I know it might be a dumb question..so many recipes out and some are more Atkins friendly, thus a bit more fat. Have a great day.
  #659   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-13, 07:27
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom
Thank you Judynyc for this awesome breakdown of portions, amounts and Lists. I love it and will print it out as soon as my printer ink comes in the mail. Starting slowly to Phase2 and was a bit confused on portion sizes. I am at 171 and looking much better thanks to Treadmill and discipline. I have a question...Do you have a recipe for Jicama baked fries..or adding some combo of spices that takes that sweetness away? I know it might be a dumb question..so many recipes out and some are more Atkins friendly, thus a bit more fat. Have a great day.

Hi and Welcome!

I'm happy to know that you will use the lists. I found them at the official SBD web site many years ago. They really were the key to helping me be successful on this plan....with personal modifications that I had to make along the way.
Phase 2 is where most people get sidetracked. They allow way too much in way too fast. This is where I began to use the Atkins carb ladder as a guide to move through phase 2.
As for jicama fries, I have never made them but I'm fairly sure that Kalyn's Kitchen Blog would have a recipe for them.
Here's a link: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/0...n-posts-on.html

Good Luck and Congrats on your losses to date!
  #660   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-13, 05:26
Registered Member

Plan: SBD...some Atkins tips.
Stats: 184/156.6/140 Female 5'3"
BF:No clue
Progress: 62%
Wink

Thank you so much, will go and snoop around kalyn's Kitchen.. hehehe. *Hugs*.

Last edited by NomNomNom : Thu, Oct-10-13 at 05:42. Reason: correct grammar