Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

i will have to check the 1/2 and 1/2 container in MY PLAN i think it's 1tbs = 1carb,

I have been doing the meat and egg fast since last tuesday or wednesday, I didn't good last saturday, I ate a few veggies, and friday's are harder, like today I had a salad made with iceberg lettuce, 2 cuke slices and bc dressing and feta cheese but thats all I have had today!! so I know my calories are down, but the rest of the week I have done ok and will continue doing this with only struggle being up in carbs on friday's, but veggies once a week is good for me anyways, I haven't been to the gym all week and haven't lost anything this week but I am going to keep going and TOM is on it's way out , so hopefully there will be a loss.
So far I have come from 264 last week to 256.this week
((When I first started atkins, almost 2 yrs ago I lost my first 50pounds doing just this but not realizing it I ate minimal amounts of veggies and lost, steady!! And that is my plan this time difference is planning to not eat veggies rather than like before I couldn't afford both! ))
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 15:32

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

bb6399...hi yeah I wasn't sure bout that 1/2 and 1/2 but I am losing so think I will just keep on way I am going....I know I have way too many coffees but heh, I can now do up my skirt that was only 1/2 mast and had to roll the edge of the zipper discreetly under!!Jolly thing would rub and be uncomfortable but no longer.... Am still in trace ketones so that's good !!

You are doing well! This a.m. my eyes were not focussing too well when I stepped on the scales but did wonder whether I had gone down another 2 pounds or not.! It seemed bit ???as when I put all my weight on my heels it seemed to show a loss and if I leaned forward more onto my toes it showed no loss!!!!LOL!They are actualy good scales...same as the doctors. oh well time will tell !Have a good day all.
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 17:10

Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%

SO ARE YOU TO COUNT CALORIES ARE NOT I SEE SOME DO, SOME DON'T i'M STARVING RIGHT NOW,BUT IF i EAT SOME MEAT I WILL GO ABOUT 250 CALORIES OVER 1000,I'M SO HUNGRYYYYYYYYY
ALSO WILL BE WALKING THIS EVENING THAT WILL BURN SOME SO CAN i EAT
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 17:16

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 346/218/150 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Day 5

hI THERE. tODAY IS DAY 5 FOR ME. I HAVE LOSS A TOTAL OF 6 POUNDS. i AM KNOW LONGER HUNGRY. SOMETIMES I EAT ONLY TWO MEALS. I'M NOT SURE IF I'M GOING TO STOP TODAY. I'M ALSO IN KETOSIS. THANKS FOR THE TIP ON JUMP STARTING YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND PUTTING ME INTO KETOSIS.
  #170   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Today will be day 3 for me and I am down 9.5 as of this morning. Of course, I know that is because I ate so badly for the past month and that is the bloat and water from all the carbs. I am thrilled. I am not yet at my lowest from before falling off the wagon so I will definitely be sticking with this. I did go off the fast a bit last night by allowing myself lc chocolate, but I still stayed within my calorie limit and with the SAs removed, I was still withing the 5 carbs not counting eggs. Will try to avoid the chocolate today, but it is always harder on the weekends due to a more relaxed schedule. Will check in again tomorrow.
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 17:41

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

Lacy O...if you're hungry you're supposed to eat. You're not supposed to worry about calories. I think eating around 1000 will put your body in starvation mode and it'll hold onto your body fat. They say you should eat anywhere from 10-12 times your body weight in calories so that would be around 2000 but I would probably eat a little less than that--maybe around 1500? I'm sure someone else more experienced could help you better than me. I've done this meat/egg fast since Monday and have lost 5 so far and my daily calories are around 1500. (I'm at 185) Drink your water and good luck. Keep us posted.
  #172   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 18:39

Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

LACEY EAT, when I am hungry i eat even if I do go over 1000, sometimes I am hungrer than the day before, but I really watch the carbs more than the calories, the first 3 days I was starving but it went away after that , eat when your hungry it won't hurt anything!!! and if your exercising you will probably be hungry more
  #173   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 11:35

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 345/275/175 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Is this egg and meat???????

Is the egg and meat diet found in any of the Atkins books? I would like to read more about it. From the testimonies here it seems to really work. I'd just like to read it for myself or is this something someone here just came upon themselves? I'd really like to take off at least 15 lbs by Easter. Just my wayward ego talking.
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 13:03

I GOT THRU DAY ONE AND NO WEIGHT GONE YET. I KNOW I AM ASKING MUCH MUCH WHEN YOU HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING AND YOU HAVE BEEN LOW CARBING SINCE jAN. 19 YOU HOPE AND PRAY EVERYDAY. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS CAN MAKE TOM COME ON EARLIER, JAN. STARTED 14,FEB. STARTED 11TH, NOW I STARTED TODAY,I WONDER IF I'M HARMONG MY BODY, DEPRIVEING IT OF STUFF I NEED, I TAKE A MULTI VIT. BUT FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS I HAVE BEEN WELL UNDER 1500 CALORIES. JUST WONDERING,I'M ALSO SICK NOW WOKE UP YEST. WITH SORE THROAT TWICE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS I HAVE BEEN SICK, BUT MY KIDS HAVE IT, PROB, SWAPPING BACK AND FORTH
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

I woke up this morning down another 2 pounds. After 3 days that makes 11.5 pounds. I am not kidding myself into believing that this is anything but getting rid of what I put on from cheating. For those not losing, I think it is beacuse you have been so good on the lc thing that your body has less water to lose. I think if you stick with it, you'll get to the fat burning losses. It just takes longer.
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 19:52

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Is the egg and meat diet found in any of the Atkins books? I would like to read more about it. From the testimonies here it seems to really work. I'd just like to read it for myself or is this something someone here just came upon themselves?

Yes, it is in the Dr Akins NEW Diet Revolution Book. I just read it and it is very imformative. Don't forget you are to eat 5 meals a day with only 200 cals per meal
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 20:31

Plan: PSMF 1/1/5
Stats: 268/228/155 Male 66"
BF:48/39/12
Progress: 35%

Getting into ketosis helps relieve my hunger. I started a similar diet on January 1 and was in ketosis in 56 hours. However, as always I did not feel good for about two weeks. But then it was like day and night, hunger pains were gone and energy was much better.

I have slipped a few times but not like chips or bread, more like a big salad. I did not register ketones one day and thought I had blown it but was still in ketosis the next day.

Best of luck to all of you who are fasting, it is a tough way to lose weight but it does work.
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 20:39

ok why do some of you say stay under 1000,as I see that the diet rev. says for the fat fast to under 1000,and some say eat whatever but stay under 5 carbs. Well what about the egg and meat diet, yest I was at 1000,did not lose anything over night,someone told me to just stay under 5 carbs cause I was starving yest., well today I' m at 1500 calories. And I stiil feel like crap,but that probally cause I'm just 5 carbs. So, which is right,,and girls I know you all are tired of hearing me go on about not loseing,but huns I have tried so hard,its not like I'm asking it to be handed to me, I have gave up all the junk,I drink the water,I take the supplements,I exercise,I have had the blood work done,I'm not breastfeeding, and I think something is happening to my body eating this way I'm having some (little)break thru bleeding and I'm not on birth control. Don't you rbody start showing signs of stress when you go to eating a certain way I know women who are anxexia and bl and women who exercise to much don't have periods are something like that it puts stress on the body. Anyway I feel like crap,this is the second time I have been sick in the last 3 weeks. I don't have the answers and no one else does , so why not go back to eating junk food if you can't lose weight,I was not gaining either before this.My body will not let go.. I'm tired physically and menatally,I have been low carbing off and on since Sept.2004 quit in Nov. cause I did not lose anything, but I was having low carb abrs advantage, so I started back Jan. 19 2005 no bars strict,I have tried upping calories and now lower. really the only thing I have got from low carbing this time was depression, I did low carbing in 2003 lost 35 pounds got pregnant,gained all back,maybe loseing it so fast then putting it right back has scewed me. Love ya all.Peace
  #179   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 20:50

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. It definately would be tough to hang in there. As far as all of your questions, it sounds to me like you are insulin resistant and reading or rereading the DANDR book would REALLY help you. I am rereading it now and have found a great NEW understanding of what is going on in my body. He speaks alot to the ones that are having the difficulties such as you have stated. However, it would be impossible for me to quote them on here.

I know it sounds like a cop out answer but the truth is - the best thing I have done for myself is re-read the book.

Good luck to you!
Jimsbride
  #180   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 20:59

Thanks I have been back thru the book,I have been doing the yeast overgrowth thingy for the last 3 weeks,I have also been for 3 weeks taking Oil of Oregano, and acidphilous.My skin has errupted the last couple of days. I have also had my sugar checked. What else can I do, if I have tried it all?

Oh also if your in ketosis wouldn't youlose weightm how exactly does that work, I've been in Ketosis since January...no loss

Last edited by Lacey O : Sun, Mar-06-05 at 01:47.
Closed Thread