Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 11:43
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDW
The total average for 56 days is 3.5 pounds per day.

I'm really hoping that's a typo, and 3.5 pounds per week, and not a day.

Quote:
It is highly likely that the majority of the initial loss is water, sorry
Yes, Dr. Atkins said the first 3 -4 days it's water weight.
Quote:
If you continue the meat and egg fast for a month or two, then it is more like Atkin's induction, correct? And the loss should be bodyfat

I believe the meat & egg fast is only supposed to be used for 3 - 5 days? Do you mean .. like Induction weight loss? Induction is considered the first 2 weeks of Atkins with 20 grams of carbs daily. Then there's untechnically what comes after.. and where I am, of staying at 'Induction level carbs' with the option to add nuts, avocados and higher glycemic level vegetables, etc.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 11:51

Plan: PSMF 1/1/5
Stats: 268/228/155 Male 66"
BF:48/39/12
Progress: 35%

Hahahahah, I wish it was 3.5 pounds a day but it's per week. I barely skimped through my college lit courses, maybe because I didn't proofread
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 207/204.0/140 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 4%

Well Im happy with 8 pounds of water gone!!! Bye Bye!!!
I was having a very hard time sticking with the diet and I had been getting terrible cravings so this was just what I needed no cravings at all!!! I brought the kids to McDonalds and I didnt even think about sneaking a french fry. The smell usually makes me go nuts! So I will stay on this till Monday then I will add back in some carbs slowly.
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 15:50

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Yes, Whiplash that's what I'm talking about. To me, the weightloss (water or whatever) was more of a secondary benefit and it was just so nice for the hunger to be replaced by willpower.
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 17:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

well glad to report 9-10 pounds gone, been meat and egg for 4 days and will continue, today I had a little more carbs than what i consumed through out the week but only a little I had 2 broccoli spears and about 5 whole mushrooms, so atleast they were good carbs,, but I need to get these pounds gone and I could live on this!!!

Last edited by bb6399 : Sat, Feb-26-05 at 17:36.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 22:30

Plan: Atkins for Life
Stats: 270/220/160 Female 67
BF:41.5/35.5/24.3
Progress: 45%
Question Two questions

I'm kinda confused about why this works . . . most of my diet is meat and eggs I have eggs in the morning, usually omlet (with some cheese,) lunch is 2 cups salad greens, and canned chicken or tuna (with mayo.) Dinner is steak, chicken cooked in butter, or porkloin, and a veggie like green beans.

Cutting out a lot of fat, very low carb, and eating higher protein seems contrary to Atkins approach? I lose much better when my fat consumption is 75-80%. So is this meat/egg diet used to change your metabolism in some way?

Second question Have any of you tried the Fat Fast that Atkins talks about in his book "The New Diet Revolution?" Atkins writes that for those who are severly metabolically resistant, this Fat fast can get ketosis going - but he said it was dangerous for those who are losing successfully already (going to fast might hurt our bodies in some way.) In this plan, you eating almost exclusively fats - the list looks way to rich, don't know if I could do it. Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

Anyway - I'm curious to learn about both these fasts . . . if I can be fairly sure that one or the other is safe, I just might have to try it out for a week or so

Cheers,

Monica

Last edited by CocoaLvr : Sat, Feb-26-05 at 22:58.
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 23:27

Stats: 275/224/140 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Post mustard allowed?

So we can have mustard on the meat and egg fast? but not mayo? becuase of the cals? I am just wondering. As of right now I am still loosing but I want a plan for when and if ( yeah right) I stall. and no seasonings? no even pepper?

#98   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 23:36

Stats: 235/235/130 Female 5'6
BF:42%/37%/20%
Progress: 0%

I was wondering myself about the pepper and salt. I also bought skinless boneless chicken breast with sundried tomato seasoning it said 1 carb per breast is that okay?
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 03:39

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default In reply to bb6399

Hi! You have done soooooo well! Good on you. I am going to have a second go this week again as I sort of messed up yesterday and not in ketosis.So have just had a last fling supper and ready to start in the morning lol!. Could you tell me what you have been eating to do so well?What I really find hard is not having milk in my coffee even tho I always have lowfat milk.And I love my coffees;they seem to keep me going! I am really enjoying all the posts here and just have to check them everynight before I go to bed. Somehow it always seems a good time of the day to get motivated for the next day Anyways will start my day off tomorrow with eggs for breaky. Look forward to hearing how you go. bye
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 04:22

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaLvr
Second question Have any of you tried the Fat Fast that Atkins talks about in his book "The New Diet Revolution?" Atkins writes that for those who are severly metabolically resistant, this Fat fast can get ketosis going - but he said it was dangerous for those who are losing successfully already (going to fast might hurt our bodies in some way.) In this plan, you eating almost exclusively fats - the list looks way to rich, don't know if I could do it. Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

i've tried the fat fast to break stalls. the first time i really wasn't stalled but it worked pretty good. i lost 3 pounds and got back on my very slow weight loss track. the second time, i truly was stalled, no weight loss for 6 weeks. it didn't work but i had an awful time staying on it. it's under 1000 calories/day and something like 90% fat and i just couldn't keep the protein and calories down. there are several threads on it, the best is in the triple digit forum as i recall. if you are really interested you should be able to search for it fairly easily. click on advance search and you can search just the forum you want and not the whole site. good luck.
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 08:10

Stats: 256/246.8/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi all,
I'm so glad I found this thread. It made me feel that going 0 carbs for a few days was a good idea. So yesterday I did the fast. I found it was really easy and I wasn't hungry all day. I even went to a buffet for supper yesterday and picking out meat in there was a cinch. I had prime rib, a piece of chicken ( with the sauce scraped off) and a couple of ribs. I was totally satisfied with the meal.
Weighed myself this morning and I had dropped 3 pounds...in the first day!!!!!
Amazing!!!!
I will keep doing this for a couple of days. Talk about ending a stall!!!! I'm so happy!!!!
I am just concerned about reintroducing carbs back, mainly the veggies.
Any problems out there, doing that?
Scully
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 207/204.0/140 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 4%

I just added back in my coffee and I will try and have some brocolli with lunch today and I will let you know how it goes. Im planning on adding in the carbs slowly right now Im between 5-7 carbs a day.
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 08:55

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 212/193/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 51%
Smile Good Morning!

Hello all,

I'm still here (not sure if you missed me, since I haven't been part of this group long and there are always new people.)

Have been reading the posts, but no time to post myself.

I have been doing ok this week. Since I cheated last weekend - it took me until Thursday (4 days) to get back to where I was before the cheat weekend. Hard to believe that it can screw your body up that bad.

Friday I weighed in at 221.5, but ate out for lunch and dinner that day. I behaved, but the food had more salt then I normally have.

Saturday I weighed 223.5, dumb salt.

Today I weighed 221.5 The lowest I've been for a long time (maybe a year).

The strange thing is TOM showed up yesterday 1 week early. I'm not impressed, but if the weight keeps coming off I guess I can put up with TOM every 3 weeks. Hopefully it will go back to every 4 weeks (that's often enough).

I hope everybody has a wonderful Sunday.

Take care,
Marcia
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 09:43

BF:

To answer the question about salt and other seasonings, I do use salt in moderation and a little bit of spices, just ebough to tast but not enough to over do, Be careful with the salt as can cause water retention!! you could use pepper also in moderation, I personaly don't (yucky)

my main foods:for breakfast I have been having three eggs, any style!
lunch: chicken,or pork chop,or steak anything,
after gym snack is usually the same as lunch,
and then for dinner last week I had steak all but friday,
Friday I ate fish for lunch and dinner and egg for bfast

last night I preecooked again and did chicken an hamburge, I made a meatloaf w/ egg hamburger and a little garlic and onion poder tbls each and 8 pounds hambuger, and that will be luch and dinners for next week, indiv wrap and put in freezer
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 09:48

BF:

snookie~ feel free to check out my journal, I try to log all my food there, I to drink coffee in morning, 20oz cup 1 pkg splenda, and little 1/2 and 1/2 to lighten.

4cats1hous~ wow your doing great, isn't so encouraging to see the scale actually move!!
Closed Thread