Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-07, 06:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/194/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Wow bOllywud, you are well on your way, good for you!! I am soooo eager to get that 'I'm in control' feeling back again. I know I can do it too.
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-07, 17:14

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 227/213/175 Female 5ft
BF:starting size 20
Progress: 27%

heres back to starting AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN...

This time around my "kick start" is, I am going back to school to become a Medical Assistant and I remember that in that class you practice weighing each other to learn how to weigh patients well. I am starting the diet again because when we get to that part of the course I dont want to be weighed! If I weighed 125 I'd be jumping on the scale yelling "ME FIRST ME FIRST!" But at 219lbs I might be sick that day
  #378   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-07, 18:45

Plan: Low carb and clean eating
Stats: 355/277/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

My kickstart was realizing that someone I care a great deal about feels the same way about me, but that my appearance stands in the way.
  #379   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-07, 00:07

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I walk dogs for a living...sometimes up to five walks per day....Even though the dogs get the same walks they've always had, I am exhausted during and after...my feet hurt...my legs feel like lead....
Being fat makes me feel like a failure.

Also, I notice that men don't give a second look anymore...not even when I'm driving...because the pretty face I used to have is not so pretty anymore. I look like a scone with raisins for eyes...all doughy...my features are lost...

I just need to get back to my old self. I'm done with self-pity and self-sabotage.
  #380   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-07, 15:59

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 227/213/175 Female 5ft
BF:starting size 20
Progress: 27%

I hear ya sandollar ... I havent heard the honks and whistles in a looong time. Only good thing is I'm not being followed anymore cuz that was creepy but the innocent honks and whistles will be missed.
  #381   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-07, 10:49

Plan: Atkins/m&e/VLC
Stats: 178.8/167.0/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

My husband, in the heat of an arguement, said that I look like a linebacker.
I will never forget that.
Having a history of eating disorders-anorexia, bulimia and before my weight loss, compulsive overeating, something snapped.

On August 10,2007 (the next day) I started my 200 cal a day diet. No fat ,very,very little protein-just veggies. I lost 44 lbs in 5-6 weeks. I then caved and ate high carb (mashed potatoes) and had a week long cycle of bulimia. I gained 8-11lbs.

I am now on my 3rd day on Atkins induction. 3LBS to go to get back to that 44lb loss! While I still hear that voice in the back of my head regarding fat in food, I feel free. I feel like there is hope to make this my WOL.

To finally end the cycle!!!

edited to add-that I am now .5 lbs from my 44lb loss after just 4 days on induction and with complications from the switch including severe edema, which is almost corrected now but still carrying some water poundage.

Last edited by runawaysol : Thu, Oct-04-07 at 09:42.
  #382   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-07, 11:12
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Well my original motivation was different than my current motivation. After graduating from nursing school, i realized i'd gained nearly 23 pounds in two semesters. Over the past summer my grandmother said to me :
"You know, you're not as thin as you used to be"

I'll never forget it...and now i'm just a few pounds from where i was before i began gaining.
  #383   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-07, 01:46
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 240/160/160 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

Probably the one thing that kicked me into action was hearing that my father ran a marathon, at 60, in 4 hours, and I was an obese 240 pounds. It made me realize what sad shape I was in.
  #384   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-07, 20:27

Plan: Atkins/ Higher Fat
Stats: 225/200/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

What has really kick started me into starting low carbing is that my knees hurt. I stand for long hours on my feet and my knees and feet really hurt and I know it's because of the weight. Thanksgiving morning I decided that enough was enough and I was going to start the Atkins way of eating on friday morning.
  #385   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 20:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/275/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 6%

a patient called my work to report that she had a reaction to a procedure...i asked her what doctor had performed it..she said she didn't know, but the technician in the room was a "very heavyset girl"...i knew i was overweight, but that just slapped me in the face..she had no idea she was talking to me, but all i could think of was the humiliation if someone else had answered the phone.
  #386   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 21:29

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 200/189/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

De Nial ain't just a river in Egypt.

We didn't own a scale, and I guess I just didn't realize. Nobody said anything to me (I'd have been devastated to recieve some of the comments you folks have--OMG)

I'd been watching my diet very carefully having come from one wake-up call in Nov. 06: discovering I had GERD and cancer. I began eating basically vegetarian (lots of salads, whole grain breads, pastas and beans) and small amounts of organic lean chicken & fish. Low fat except for EVOO. I was sure I was helping myself back to health.

Then I got on the doctor's scale in June, 07. For the first time in my life, 200 lbs. In reviewing my labs that same visit, my cholesterol was through the roof, I was pre-diabetic, BP 140/90 (I used to be 115/76 all the time!) and my doctor was just all over my case.

I just freaked. That day I came home and signed up for Kimkins. Not the healthiest choice, but at least it got me started!
  #387   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-07, 23:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/158/130 Female 5''
BF:
Progress: 57%

Well my inspiration is kind of funny..... firstly obviously stuff you've all been saying about just feeling fat and knowing you needed to make a difference... well I had that too

But a few months ago I had a dream... that was thin with hip bones that stuck out.. and I woke up and I decided - I MUST lost weight and get hip bones My brother went LC and lost 45lbs so we decided to get on that band wagon.
  #388   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 225/219.5/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

My moment came when I realized I couldn't fit into a size 18 anymore... I had to buy a 20-22 pants and a 1x plus size shirt. Oh boy, that was one heck of a fitting-room-meltdown.
  #389   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-07, 15:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

i was in a car accident 4 yrs ago and bruised the side of my knee on my lower thigh really bad...i was taking a shower a few months ago and noticed the spot was really swollen...i thought it could have been a blood clot or maybe even tumorous from the long ago accident...asked the doc about it...she felt it and said it felt like fat...too embarrasing....i had to lose weight
  #390   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-07, 16:22

Plan: atkins (modified)
Stats: 498/436/300 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 31%

Mine was going into the hospital to have a test done and the nurse comenting in the hallway my weight and the dr replying before he even met me or knew i was there "can she even walk at that weight?!!" really loudly where everyone heard, i was extremly upset about it,suffice it to say with that bedside manner il be going to another hospital, but i started my diet