Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 17:36
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot-top
I had a stroke and it was a true wake up call. No food is worth dying for. I still have a ways to go and have since had brain surgery and am facing another one in June. Really - no food is worth all of this !

Hi carrot-top,

I'm really sorry to hear that you had such an awful wake-up call...

I sure feel like an idiot whining about clothes.

I hope you're feeling much better again soon
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 14:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia-Chloe
I gained weight in the last 2 years due to extreme stress. I won't list what I went through, but it's mind boggling.

Once I started getting severly obese, there were a lot of incidences that should of motivated me to lose weight, but did not, such as:

- my bf's mom being CONVINCED I was pregnant, even after I denied it
- guys not noticing me anymore
- realizing I can't cross my legs anymore when I go to the movies
- my bf never calling me beautiful anymore
- my bf's mother telling me ppl mentioned to her that I have gained a LOT of weight lately and then trying to force me to go on walks with her
- ppl i haven't seen in a while glancing up and down my body and the awkward silence that follows
- being horrified by pictures of myself -- how fat and puffy and disgusting i look

But the one moment in time that finally pushed me to do it: My bf's mom told me that my bf told her he refuses to be intimate with me because of my weight (yes, my bf's mom is an insensitive cow). I suspected he didn't find me attractive, but I didn't know for sure until I heard the words from her mouth. That one moment I wanted to burst out crying. But I grit my teeth and held it in and turned that pain into anger and, eventually, into determination.

My motivation is revenge based. I decided I would lose the weight and then dump that jerk of a bf for being so shallow. I want to delay breaking up with him for when I am slim and sexy so his heart will SHATTER. It's what he deserves for rejecting me when I needed him most.

too funny!! but yet i know this hurts. i too want to lose a lot of weight and then dump my jerk, lying, pathetic excuse of the so-called bf. yep
!! it's revenge in the best of way!! LOL!! i plan on losing until i reach my goal. this summer i should lose even faster..i live in az. and then i plan to see what other men are out there. i deservie a good guy. i am a professional, 3 degrees, good hearted person--i expect more than crap!!
  #243   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 14:52

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

My biggest motivations:

1. My 2002 Halloween picture in my Gallery at my absolute healthiest (toned, strong, enthusiastic for life).

2. The FIVE (yes, FIVE) boxes of work, club, dressy clothes that used to fit me in 2002.

3. My own need to feel sexy and desirable again. (I mean, I feel sexy now and i like my shape, but if I could downsize it, I'd feel even hotter!)
  #244   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 15:15

BF:

my story is first, seeing pics of me from my co-worker that she passed out for me to keep. i was horrified. the other thing was that i am getting older -45 yo to be exact in march and i have so many more years to live, and i had wasted so many years on deadbeat men, being huge, being depressed, being insecure, and i wanted to live these next many many years looking younger and feeling younger...healthier especially. and the topper was being in a trashy relationship with my bf that i hope to leave in a few month ..with myself being thin and beautiful and wearing some of the most sexy clothes i can find. in search of someone more deserving of me.
  #245   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 19:25

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:yep
Progress: 58%

My 3 kick starts were:

1.) Recent pictures of myself
2). Watching the movie Super Size Me
3.) Hating the big clothes I had to wear
  #246   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 20:12
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileydawg
2). Watching the movie Super Size Me

I was very surprised watching this movie - even though I knew what it was about, and I must say, it turned me off fast food. I saw it on DVD last summer and haven't been able to eat at those places since.

It was unbelievable - the way that guy's cholesterol went up, the depression and the weight gain - all in just a month. Yikes!!!
  #247   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 21:24

Yeah, no wonder my triglycerides were so shockingly high when I would eat fast food every day. Since watching the movie, I have not eaten at a burger or taco joint since. My cholesterol level is now normal and my triglycerides are 60 percent lower in just 5 months!
  #248   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 14:51

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 194/178/60 Female 5'5"
BF:29.6% go to proper
Progress:
Default the fact that i became a diabetic...

and hi! carrot-top...you are the reason i had to sign in as carrottop2..nice to see you.

i've been yoyoing with my weight for years..gonna be 70 in may and i just figured to heck with it...i like to eat. the dr. announced.."YOU ARE A DIABETIC"!!! bless his heart! so i figured, this is it. found a nutritionist and she put me on the south beach diet....and it does seem to be working. i'm very lucky, dh is committed to eating what i eat so i don't have to cook special...i do walk a lot, my dog kc, has gained some weight so this will be good for both of us. nice to see you all...ct
  #249   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 13:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/south beach
Stats: 176/122/125 Female 5'4"
BF:31%/16%/17%
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
I was very surprised watching this movie - even though I knew what it was about, and I must say, it turned me off fast food. I saw it on DVD last summer and haven't been able to eat at those places since.

It was unbelievable - the way that guy's cholesterol went up, the depression and the weight gain - all in just a month. Yikes!!!

This movie didn't necessarily turn me off of fast food, just showed me the importance of exercize and not overeating.

Its not so much what you eat, but how much you eat. I mean, just look at the french.
  #250   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 08:45

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWCARBR
my story is first, seeing pics of me from my co-worker that she passed out for me to keep. i was horrified. the other thing was that i am getting older -45 yo to be exact in march and i have so many more years to live, and i had wasted so many years on deadbeat men, being huge, being depressed, being insecure, and i wanted to live these next many many years looking younger and feeling younger...healthier especially. and the topper was being in a trashy relationship with my bf that i hope to leave in a few month ..with myself being thin and beautiful and wearing some of the most sexy clothes i can find. in search of someone more deserving of me.

Why wait?? Dump him now and arrange to bump into him when you're at goal - and maybe with a new boyfriend at your side Honestly, unloading that baggage (and the bag of a mother ) will be an even bigger weight off your shoulders and a great step in the right direction to feel positive about yourself and your future.

Like Dr. Phil says (I know, I know )... "the only thing worse that wasting <x amount of time> is wasting <x amount of time> PLUS ONE DAY".

Think about it, hon. You're worth it
  #251   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:35

Actually for me it was what I ate, not how much. I would usually eat one meal a day at a fast food joint. I never ordered large or super size meals, rarely ate the dessert, and always drank diet soda or water with meal.

For example, if I ate at Taco Bell, I would have a regular taco and a bean burrito. If I ate at Mc Donalds, I would have a double cheeseburger and a medium fry. If I ate at KFC, I would have a 3 strip meal.

I don't think the quantity was high in what I consumed per day. Throughout the day I would not eat much else. To me, it was simply all the crap I put in me every day. Now that I have cut out all of the above in just 5 months I am down almost 60 pounds, I half cut my triglycerides in half, my cholesterol is at a normal level now and I have raised my good cholesterol.
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:55

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I can tell you today it was seeing pictures of myself last night at a beach... holy whale cows Batman...
And I thought I was lookin' good!
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 13:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaidr
I can tell you today it was seeing pictures of myself last night at a beach... holy whale cows Batman...
And I thought I was lookin' good!

oh god!! you are too funny i'm cracking up at work!! that was my reaction to seeing my pics!! except i had a couple of ~#($* what the !~(*# i can't believe this ~(#*$(# what the ~#($#( was i thinking about!!
  #254   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/south beach
Stats: 176/122/125 Female 5'4"
BF:31%/16%/17%
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileydawg
Actually for me it was what I ate, not how much. I would usually eat one meal a day at a fast food joint. I never ordered large or super size meals, rarely ate the dessert, and always drank diet soda or water with meal.

For example, if I ate at Taco Bell, I would have a regular taco and a bean burrito. If I ate at Mc Donalds, I would have a double cheeseburger and a medium fry. If I ate at KFC, I would have a 3 strip meal.

I don't think the quantity was high in what I consumed per day. Throughout the day I would not eat much else. To me, it was simply all the crap I put in me every day. Now that I have cut out all of the above in just 5 months I am down almost 60 pounds, I half cut my triglycerides in half, my cholesterol is at a normal level now and I have raised my good cholesterol.

Interesting that you should say that. I have a friend that really didn't change what she was eating, just how much and exercised (this is pretty important too) and lost a ton of weight.

I happen to be a big fan of the bacon ranch salad that they offer at McD.
  #255   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 23:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/140/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default A wedding anniversary

Last December on our 40th wedding anniversary, I tried to put on my favorite black dress (size 20) and it was too tight. I came home after dinner determined to do something about it. I decided that I'd try to lose 20 lbs., so I could get back in that dress ... and I'd heard about Atkins so I thought I'd go that route.

I didn't get started until after the holidays, but by July/August, I'd lost 65 lbs. and was in a size 12-14. The only reason I kept going was because it was so easy ... I've tried dozens of diets over the years, but I was always hungry. With Atkins, I'm not hungry ... sometimes a tad bored with the food, but not hungry. When this year's anniversary came, the little black dress I wore was a size 12 and my husband thinks I look better than ever. Since I'll be 65 in May, that's quite an achievement ... I only weigh about five lbs. more now than I did when we got married! And actually, I'm probably better proportioned now than I was then, my waist is several inches larger, but my hips and thighs are smaller ... one small benefit of getting older.