Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1381   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 11:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Me again!

I arrived in my sister's "area" around 11:30. I grabbed a cup of coffee at Starbucks and picked up a few items at a grocery store and then met her at her apt. around 12:30. We've already had snacks and a cold beer and will go for dinner early......so much food, so little time.

Jaz.....Glad your job has finally approved your leave. Isn't it funny how all you had to do was threaten legal action? Classic.

Safe travels to Atlanta.

Nic...Happy to hear that Sophie seems good as new. So scary when our furkids have issues. How long are you staying in DE?

Trig....Glad you're healing, but it will take time. I hope you have no residual nerve pain that lingers.

--------

Sis and I are yacking and just hanging out till we head out for an early dinner. I'll be ready for bed early....especially after a full belly and an adult beverage.

See you tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
  #1382   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 16:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks for checking in LORI! Enjoy yourself!- So much food so little time- LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  #1383   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 04:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Up with coffee in hand waiting for Sis to wake up. I slept really well and didn't get up till around 5:30. No furry alarm clock at 2 or 3AM!

We're just going to hang out this morning till around 9 or 10 and then head out for a walk at her favorite park. Then it'll be home to shower and head out. I think we're going to go for a late lunch to avoid most of the dinner time crowds and traffic. We're going to Maggiano's Italian Restaurant near King of Prussia. We already know what we'll get. A chopped salad with champagne vinaigrette for each of us and then we share an order of their meatballs and sauce....and let's not forget the bread! I will definitely need to jump right back on plan when I get home. Yikes!

Last night we started out at a Mexican place we wanted to try. We weren't encouraged when there was only one other occupied table. We saw one waiter going back and forth between that table and the kitchen and after the 4th or 5th time passing us by with not so much as a glance, we got up and left. The menu was uninspiring anyway, so I don't think we missed much. We were at an outside table so just walked next door to a place we have eaten at several times. I had a bunless mushroom bleu cheese burger and a disappointing bowl of lobster bisque. Oh well.....I know today's meal will more than make up for last night.

Well, it's just after 6 and I expect Connie to be up at any minute. We'll just enjoy some coffee and chat before heading out for some fresh air and sunshine. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  #1384   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 06:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori sounds like a great time you and Sis got planned...tell her HI from me wanted to meet her but we can do that in the future too!! if she is anything like you we will have a total blast!

Yea I would walk on that type of customer service too in a restaurant that has no one in it plus ya probably got away good ya know.....sometimes it is better to cut and run!

Jazz, what new job you got in the planning? another online one with a corp. place in Raleigh? I kinda got lost on what is going down.

Cool ya got your bills paid.....being online worker etc they feel they can walk right over all your rights, smart to not let that happen! ugh

Nicco, I KNOW you are having a blast

------------in a mood
my head and forehead is stinging and going like numb and feels like I got parasites 'walking my veins' and it stinks, but NOT too bad but annoying me to death........the 'main ick' is over, but come on now, get this crap off me and done deal ya know LOL

got NY Strip steak for later
probably pair with 2 cheeseburgers

icky day, cloudy, foggy, nasty type day, I hate no sun...I am a sun worshipper and this day drags me down.

oh well, one day ya know, I will be mobile in my home to 'follow the sun' and be smiling each day....got wheels and bad weather, just move HAHA

over and out and be good all
  #1385   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 07:21

BF:

Good Morning - Travel day for me so it will be a short post!

Lori- I know where you are going! They have one of those here in Atlanta! I know you will love those meatballs! I never get SALAD if I am going to eat Italian. Forget it- I dive right in, which is why I avoid those places like the plague!
But hey you are on maintain and have lost all your weight so what not here and there if you know you are going to take it right back off!

Love you are getting your walk in.

Hey there NIC/TRIG! -
---------------------------------------------------
It's going to be a pretty day- nice for driving! Hopefully this will be the last for a while. Theses trips to Atlanta are exhausting. Check in when I get there
  #1386   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 13:49

BF:

Here- easy peasy drive. I am happy to be out of the car. Kicking back and having glass of wine.

I am seeing some friends tomorrow after my appoint, then will run a few errands to some spots (Trader Joes), Shoe store- places that I don't have near me. I will chill and get up early Sat. morning and book it home .

Back at ya ladies!
  #1387   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 14:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Jaz, glad you got there safely. Have a good time and I hope your Dr appt goes well.

Lori, Enjoy your time with Connie. Good sis, good food, good fun (and good sleep!) We have a Maggianos too. My fave is the mushroom ravioli. It is utter decadence!

Trig, sounds like some nerve endings are firing off or waking up or prickling or something. Either way it is sounds very unpleasant. I will be so glad for you when this is over and I really hope it doesn't recur.

•••••••••

The Doggos and I are home from DE. We had an easy and pleasant ride back and they actually did really well on the drive in their car seats. Bella laid down for some of the ride, Sophie stood for all but about 3 minutes worth, but neither one whined (which was huge for Sophie!) The car seats kept them both completely contained AND it contained their shedding too which is also a huge plus. 100% worth it and I assume they will come to associate their car seats with the trip back and forth and get even better at it as we go.

Again I will say, the people in the neighborhood are so kind and friendly. Everyone is very welcoming. We are coming in with some folks already having been there for a while, and then more people will be moving in over the next couple of years as well, so I feel like we are comfortably in the middle.

Glad to be back in my recliner, that is for sure. I *need* a recliner there! It is probably the thing I missed most. DH and I are going to grab dinner and look at recliners tonight.

It was so strange to leave with almost nothing. I had my backpack with my computer etc in it, and a couple of bags of things we didn't need over there, but I left behind clothes, shoes, toiletries etc. Everything I need. Next time I will go with my pillow and a backpack and that's it. Even the dogs' leashes and harnesses are replicated there. Throw them in and everything they need is already there- duplicated their meds too.
  #1388   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-21, 16:32

BF:

NIC- I so smiled at your post. You are settling in well!!! Get a recliner!

I checked out your car seats for dogs. My pup would climb out of that sucker in seconds trust me! The pup has too much Shepard in him. He can climb a wall, hide in small spaces and is super stealthy.
sighhhhhhhhhhhh - Yup- he needs a crate for travel period.

Got here all good. Tomorrow morning will be a rush job as I have to be there by 830. Check in later in afternoon.

ALL good. I am truly excited to see if my doctor notices another weight loss. I started with her at 226.0- last visit was 13, tomorrow should be around 5. Ate so light tonight. I know it seems silly but to get over this "hump" would be HUGE for me! HUGE GOAL

ok chickie doo's check in tomorrow afternoon.
  #1389   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 04:39

BF:

I'm up too early for my liking! Pup had to pee a hour before my alarm and now I am up. I had to get up anyway for my doctors appt.

Having coffee black- ick ick........ I love it with coconut milk and collagen. Today it's just black as I am having blood work done.

Well it will be interesting to see what my blood work shows. I am hoping that the cholesterol is a bit lower as well as my weight!

I will then run a few errands after my doctors appt. Including getting a "real" cup of coffee. I might even splurge and get one at Starbucks. I don't like sweet coffee but I do like the pumpkin spice with a splash of coconut milk.
Going to hit up Trader Joes and then meet a friend for "brunch", and then chill until I hit the road first thing tomorrow.

ON WOE track!!!!!!

Lori- Are you having a grand time with your sister?

Trig- how is your healing progressing?

Nic- Glad you made it "home" (now you have two) safely! I had to laugh at your bucket seats for your dogs. That would not even begin to contain a shepard/terrier mix pup. He would so crawl out if it.
I know that Trig is right- it needs to be a crate.
When are you going back? Have your kids been up to the new house yet?
-------------------------------
Later kids!
  #1390   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 04:52

BF:

Good Morning!

October 1st! Can you believe it?? The snow will soon be flying here! ACK!!

Stayed in bed till 6:15 this morning. Enjoying a cup of coffee while waiting for Connie to get up. I think I hear her stirring around. We have a same old, same old day here.....going for a nice walk mid morning and then just hanging out. I think dinner tonight is at a brew pub for fish tacos. Our late lunch yesterday was fabulous! We went early and had time to browse around a Crate & Barrel store, which was fun. Then we just had to walk across the parking lot to Maggiano's. We had our usual chopped salad and shared side order of meatballs. OMG....and the bread with olive oil! I am not even tempted to order pasta as the last few times I went to an Italian place and said the heck with it and had pasta, I just didn't feel well after. We were back to Sis's apt around 3 and just kicked back for a nap and then just snacks for dinner. We are talking about where/when we can plan a beach resort getaway for next year. We have to make it happen.

---------

Nic.....I am SO with you on needing a recliner. DH & I each have our own and would be lost without them. I need a new one as mine just doesn't seem as comfortable as it used to be. I actually went shopping for one a few months ago and it would have taken 6 months to get the color I wanted and I just said the heck with it. I guess I may have to settle for the oatmeal color that they have in stock. I went in store and sat in several till I found the one that was super comfy.

Glad your puppers were good travelers on the way home. It is so awesome that when you decide to go to DE you can just pick up and go! Everything is there waiting for you. How long did you say the trip is to get there?

Jaz....Hope your Dr. appt. goes well. Enjoy meeting up with your friends too!

Trig....That nerve pain must be awful. I hope it doesn't hang on for long. I'm just so glad that your eye was ok as that can be a bad outcome.

--------

Ok gang.....another cup of coffee for this girl. Happy October!
  #1391   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 04:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, I know you and Sis are having fun

Nicco....yea real cool isn't to not have to pack it all up and bring it all home!! I know you love it That is one reason I love my RV cause I got all the dups in there also....all dog stuff dups and all of my toiletries in the bathroom stay in there for the season etc....only thing is food and clothes that take priority for a trip and then I have days ahead to handle all that without having to do it right before we leave.

Yea, get a darn good recliner HAHA

Jazz, hope your trip is going well and enjoy brunch and all.
Give us an update when ya can later.

---------------so just like Nicco said my nerve ending or whatever are still on fire LOL what a pain in the butt truly. can't even put a brush or comb to my hair.....can't color my hair yet, holy moly, and got zinger pain flashes down to the eyeball still BUT that big swelling and those nasty blisters and all are gone, now I gotta just get rid of the final bit of this mess...ugh.

got NY Strip steak and some chicken and taylor ham for later today. easy peasy eating

hubby working----covering for parts guy cause parts guy Alan is in hospital with covid apparently, hubby said he will work as long as required....he is working 6 days a week. Yea, some damn semi retirement but hey, he is making the big bucks LOL well, not big but nice tho and still, he is loving this darn job tho! Told him you should take a few days off, let someone else cover it and he said no he is enjoying it all....ok then

kid giving blood at school today at 10:30.....will be interesting....might get a call an hr later to come get me, I am dying or something HAHA

she is bringing home the child development BABY today for the weekend. They strap a sensor to her wrist and baby is gonna cry on que and she has to deal wtih it.....shoot me please but should be a fun weirdo weekend with 'baby'...ugh....she is looking forward to it.

She is straight As in all, actually loving school right now....cool
she is now slowly checking colleges....another cool but damn she is still wanting out of state, like Virginia or PA and I keep telling her, you choose NC state college, save some bucks on education and I will give her all the money she saves me against out of state tuition to even at least buy a darn townhouse maybe somewhere someday....she is thinking hard on that one LOL

over and out and be good all
  #1392   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 12:12

BF:

Back from doctors appt. It was a mixture of so happy you have lost 18 pounds! Whoot- Bad news your blood pressure after 3 reading is running 150'90's.
She took 5 vials of blood work. Somehow I just know it might be a mess. I think the entire inflammation issue with my knee might select in my blood work.
I am not going to panic until I see numbers.

I have a great relationship with her. She felt free to to share with me she had a break through SEVERE case of Covid last month. She ended up giving to her entire family. She was on the brink of tears and ask me how I liked working at home.......... She is thinking about going into Telehealth. I so get it. I feel the same way!

Never EVER EVER did I think that in my professional career there would be a pandemic to rock and reshape the world. I am hopeful though the drug companies will come up with something to put an end to this.

Pretty here and humid just like home. Meeting up with my girlfriends and having in an outside venue later. I will head out early tomorrow morning, beating the rain by a day. Ready to go home.

Trig- OMG on the nerve pain!!!!!!!! I am crossing fingers you get that resolved.
I think that you deserve some lake time in that RV of yours. Kidnap the hubby and take a weekend!
Too bad on his co-worker and Covid! Sucks. This Delta crap is no joke.

Lori- Loving that you and sis having so much fun!!!!!! You coming home tomorrow too? What did you say your drive time was?

NIC-
HIYA

later gaters
  #1393   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 13:37

BF:

Safe travels home tomorrow Jaz! I'm here until Sunday morning. I have 2.5 hours home. Easy drive, especially on a Sunday morning. Hope your bloodwork numbers are not too out of whack. The blood pressure issue is scary. Did she suggest meds for that? I hope you can avoid going down that road.

Sis and I went to a brew pub for a late lunch and it was delicious. We shared a couple different things and had a nice beer. While we were eating she got a call from her daughter that she was taking her daughter(14) to Urgent Care. She has been having sinus infection symptoms, but she wanted to have her tested for C19. She has 2 dogs and wanted Connie to go sit with them until she gets home. Heaven forbid they could stay in their crates for a couple hours till she gets home. Whatever. Connie brought me home and then she headed over there. The son in law is in Maryland for the weekend, otherwise he would have been home to take care of the dogs. Not a big deal. I'm enjoying some quiet time and being able to watch something different on TV besides CNN. Constant news and politics gets on my nerves. She even has CNN on her satellite radio in her car! ACK!!

That's it from here. We'll snack on this and that for dinner tonight and just have a quiet evening. Later!
  #1394   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 14:33

BF:

Lori- Goodness hoping she doesn't have the big C!!!!!- sigh....... Every time it seems we turn around someone has it bad. My mother's husband- his brother is in ICU they just got a call, yup Covid. He was fully vaxed too!

Sigh...... enjoy your quiet time! I am to the point I hate watching news and certainly do not have all that garbage on all day long.
Give me the Food Network or HGTV I am happy as a clam.

Safe travels Sun- will chat you up and expect updates!
  #1395   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 14:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy ho my friends!

Jaz- Glad you got to ATL safely and glad you have such a good relationship with your Dr. Are you currently on anything for blood pressure? I can't remember. That is different than a statin, right? I think that is for cholesterol. No idea!

Either way, when do you expect to get your new bloodwork back? I hope you have a great time with your friends.

BTW I'm sure a crate will work for your Doggo. I will say that my car seats come with a seat belt attachment thing that attaches to the dogs and keeps them in place. It's a one-two punch!

Lori- OMG listening to news constantly would be horrendous. I can't hack that at all, I don't even care what the "side" is that is broadcasting. Even just getting the news highlights from a couple of newsletters every day is depressing enough. Ugh! My Dad listens to the news frequently and it has made him an angry and unhappy person IMO. That negativity in ones ears all the time is not healthy!

I'm glad you are spending time with your sister and having fun. I tell you, her daughter best be appreciative of your sister!

I'm glad you don't think I'm a total nut about the recliner. I *hate* sitting without putting my feet up! We did end up choosing recliners and they will be delivered next Friday to the DE house. I'm not sure they will look fantastic or anything but they are super comfortable.

Trig- Oh gosh, when you mentioned the trigeminal nerve I just flinched in horror. I have a HS classmate who has Trigeminal Neuralgia and it is just about the worst thing I have heard of.

I have had the experience for many years of having my skin hurt randomly from time to time- it can be on my cheek, or my arm, or my leg. My youngest has experienced the same. It is in part because of that (and also because I get cold sores, and have since I was a child) that I RAN to get the shingles vax. I have always assumed a possible predisposition to it, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway sending you tons of hugs and wishes for continued recovery and sooner rather than later!

It is really great news that your DD is doing so well in school and is happy to be there. My youngest is happy to be in class too. Sometimes maybe they have to lose something to appreciate it more again. Love the offer you are making her re: in state school. We had the same conversations with our kids (as far as college $ and having left over for further ed or whatever) and they did all choose to go in state. They have really stretched their dollars- DD got a Masters, DS22 will be going to law school partly on our dollar, and DS19 will have money left as well for further study should he choose it.

•••••••••

OMG Bella freaking STINKS right now. STINKS. She ate some sort of a dead something or another outside and she absolutely REEKS. I have the windows open. If I have to take another dog to the vet this week I am going to be so mad!

Good day today. I feel much calmer being 'home' and in my recliner. I really like the DE house a lot but it will take a bit of time to feel like 'home' as well. Plus some window coverings and such will be nice! It's the adjustment curve of learning a new place, etc. Good but also comes with a bit of stress!

I've got a super busy weekend ahead. Tonight is dinner with some Mom friends. Tomorrow DH and I are going to the Renaissance Festival in the morning, and then in the evening I'm supposed to go to a friend's 50th bday cookout thing. Sunday morning is Godspell and Brunch at the dinner theater with DH and DD, and then Sunday afternoon is the Ravens game. That is a A LOT of stuff going on!! I am going to be exhausted on Monday! I am planning to head back to DE next Wednesday.

I guess that is about it from here.. Oh- I am reading a new book this month. I am trying to do a 'self help' type book a month. Last month I did Atomic Habits. This month I am doing "Chasing Cupcakes." I have a study guide to go with it.