Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1351   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 05:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I'm here

waiting to leave for eye appt in a few minutes

Just saying I am alive right now but I can't be posting much, I am sure brain dead at the moment!!

Lori we are the same, super dreary and gray and misty raining and just nasty outside...ugh

ok over and out all, be good and yes I still feel like crap! Weee
Sponsored Links
  #1352   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 06:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm here! I'm Here!!!!!!!

Yesterday was just one of those days you put yourself in DRIVE and nothing but the wheels spin. Ever have those days? I swear NOTHING I wanted got done.

I ended up taking a nap about 3 and slept until 6! That threw off my sleep schedule. Goodness.

The GLOOM/ and never ending rain............. I do not remember anything like this since I have been in GA. Hopefully today the sun will come out and dry some of this soggy crap away.

Lori-
Getting up at 4?????? I force myself back to sleep that early. It takes awhile though. I briefly thought about getting up at 4 this morning! NO! Got back to sleep at 5- and alarm went off at 7am.

So You are back to Freshly...... and your hubby doesn't like them? Are they Pre-made meals that are just heat and eat? If not are you cooking twice?

You back to your games? I think you are getting a taste of the rain we have had!
Do you play into Oct./Nov.?

Nic- You got this!!!!!! - Go You! You are about to have a new house! Thrilled for you.
YES- when it is just you it is amazing just how little food you need to pick up.
When it is just you- the world does not revolve around food. (Sometimes) HAHAHAHAHA

Did you need anything else done to the house before you get it? I know they needed to convert the garage. How many times have you driven by?!?!? HAHAHAHAH- I so remember doing that!

TRIG- Girl I hope you are resting and all. Does a warm bath help? I hate you feel like crap. Rest and rest- I would also add some turmeric to your mix. You can get capsules. Turmeric is a wonder "spice/food".
--------------------------------------------------------------
Today is a busy one for me. I have an early PT appointment. Then I will run back here and take out the pooch/ feed him and he has a Vet appoint at 2. I will get back here sometime after 4ish.

That is about it. I have some things to follow up with that seem to be such a time suck. My work/ HR needs so much information and they are just badgering my new doctor! It is just awful. I am going to be writing a letter!!!!!! Nothing is yet "approved"! Ridiculous. I have a TORN TENDON- Let me heal for goodness sake. I am so over it! Yeah- I could really get on my soap box! I am already pisst.
I work for an INSURANCE company that is trying to deny my claim! Unbelievable.

Truly if they deny it I will be giving notice my first day back. I am so over healthcare squishing people. It's all about money.
OK going to simmer down.

I have been off the rails for since my mom got here I ate like crap- and have been having a very hard time staying on track.
You know one you go off the rails it is hard to get that "taste" to settle down and the cravings to go away.
I will say though I have blown up 4 pounds and feel like crap.

Time to tighten up this ship. I was doing SO SO SO well.
Time to start again TODAY!

Gotta run!
  #1353   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 17:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Late check in, I know. I kept trying to get to it but kept distracting myself. My brain is on overload!

Lori, are you getting the heavy rain? We have gotten some today for sure. Your tournament in NY sounds exciting for this weekend. Really a nice time of year to go.

Trig, thinking of you my friend and hope you are possibly feeling a tiny bit better. Let us know.

Jaz, not surprised you needed some extra rest and your eating has been off- having your guests there took a lot out of you. Even people you are looking forward to having visit will do that to you, much less people who can make you feel stressed.

We haven't been by the DE house since last weekend bc we've not been in DE. But things should be mostly done by the time we walk through again on Friday before the settlement.

How was the PT appt and the vet appt? Have they said how big they think Ruger will get? He is smaller than I expected thus far judging from the photos you've sent.

••••••••••••

So today I finished up one of my Do goals- I completed Atomic Habits. I read a chapter a day. I need to figure out what I want to do next month for a book. I liked having that goal of reading a bit of the book daily. My other Do goals are continuing- the 30 Days of journal prompts, the compounding squats (today was 22), and the step goal (minimum of 5k/day- I've been averaging 6500-7000.) I also have been working on the habit of drinking an 8 oz glass of water every morning before I have my coffee, in addition to my other water drinking during the day.

Other than that, I have been sorting and packing up various stuff- bathroom stuff, kitchen stuff, etc etc. Tomorrow I'll open up my closet and drawers and figure out some clothes, socks, underwear, bras etc. that I'll leave over there. And a couple of pairs of shoes. That kind of thing.

We'll pack up the cars tomorrow night after taking the dogs over to Dd and SoIL. Walk through and closing on Friday! :dizzy:
  #1354   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 04:05

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Rain, rain, and more rain today. It is beating against the windows as I type. I plan to spend the day inside. Nothing I need and nowhere to go.

Trig.....Wondering how the eye Dr. appt went. Update or email when you feel up to it. ((Hugs))

Jaz....Yes, Freshly meals are heat and eat, so easy for me. I make something else for DH. He's pretty easy to please.

Yes, we play golf as long as we can. Last year our last round was Dec. 12th! I remember it was miserable...in the 40's, cloudy and windy. We have no problem playing when it's in the 40's as long as the sun is shining and the wind is not blowing. A cold wind is a deal breaker for me.

Nic....Yep, big rain here today. It started yesterday afternoon and was off and on most of the night. It's supposed to be out of here mid-morning/Noon.

I can only imagine how you are getting ready to close on the new house and get it all set up. So exciting!

---------

It's going to be a long day. I think I'll do a YouTube exercise video today just to get moving a bit. Too much sitting! ACK!!

Have good days!
  #1355   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 05:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys
got a sore head thing going on LOL

eye Dr. said I was perfect. No this or that and NO that and other things that indicate any issues so I was super happy on that.

He said for being only being day 5 of this that I am actually progressing along the issue in good form and faster than normal toward healing it all so I was thrilled to hear that also.

I am improving a tad, ever so slowly but icky thing is I still look insane ya know, no public appearances any time soon without sunglasses

ok off to take meds...ugh...
be good everyone
  #1356   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 08:23

BF:

Trig- Hey girl that is great news about the progress that you are making. You have a good strong immune system and it is fighting hard for you. Keep getting some rest so you can fully heal.

Lori- Joining you in Rain Central although I think it is winding down now. We sure did get a lot of rain! I had some Amazon stuff delivered that was literally completely and utterly saturated with rain, as in standing water INSIDE the package that was a good inch deep!

Hey Jaz!

••••••••••

So last push today to get the first wave of things gathered. It is funny how stuff keeps popping into my head.. Nail file! Sweetener for DH's coffee! Just random thoughts. Most stuff I have and just toss in there.

Today's plan is to go through my closet and pull stuff to pack. I'm about to the point of just saying done for now. We have the basics for a mildly functional kitchen, bathrooms. Furniture already exists. The rest will come in time.

So, tying up loose ends and getting ready! Dogs get dropped at DD's tonight and they will bring them to us tmrw night. We are packing cars tonight. I feel like I've said all of this already. lol

On another note, my positional vertigo is still continuing and it is annoying. I think I'm going to quit the sleep meds I have been taking (called Sleep Fairy) bc I saw a link between dizziness and melatonin in some people, so it is worth a shot. I may need to go see a PT to get things stabilized. It isn't incapacitating at all but it does affect me, both in sleeping (when I turn over) and also if I need to lean over for any reason I get a bit of dizziness.

I guess that is about it. Just getting crap done!
  #1357   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 14:33

BF:

Good afternoon- late post for me!

Wow- where has today gone???????? Seriously!!!

NIC- I know you are so excited and I am so excited for you! How long to you plan to be in DE enjoying that new house of yours?!?!?! The LOVE SHACK! You know that song is now embedded in my brain with your new house! HAHAHAHAH

You know the "stuff".........just go to Walmart- or online. Don't sweat it. I know you are a happy girl! Are you packing tonight or leaving tonight?
Don't leave us hanging now!!!! HAHAHAHA

Love your monthly goals- simple yet so very powerful! Was your book good?

Lori- How did I miss a post about you going to NY to play in a tourney?!?!?!?! What/how/ when!!!????? Details details!!!!!

Hummmmmmm is Freshly Keto? I will look at it. Is it good? Wondering if it would save me money!
I love you get meat too! I looked up that farm and loved the concept. Very cool!

Trig- Girl get over that you I am sure look fine! We would love you with a 3nd eye! :hugs: :hugs: You take good care of you now! You make those 2 adults cater to your EVERY DAM WHIM!!!!!!!
Pretend to have a "MAN COLD"- You know what I am saying!

Glad to hear though you are healing up faster than expected........ Lots of water water water!

Is your pool put up now?
-------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday about 7-730 I am messing around on the computer and her a rumble and look out. I see a wall of just BLACK and lightening headed my way.
I think all the dog owners heard it because we all jumped up to take out our pooches. Sorta funny.
So I get inside and no more than closed the door and I swear it was Biblical proportions rain, and brimstone. It lasted all night. I went to bed and it was STILL raining hard.

I woke up to 25 degrees cooler and no humidity!!! Blue, no not just blue but a DEEP BLUE GA cloudless sky. Just a beautiful day.

Took pooch for a nice long walk and then came back and seriously got lost in this You Tube Channel of this woman. It got me hooked with the first one of "I took in the dog nobody wanted........
Then I just had to keep watching how this pooch adjusted.
He had been in a shelter his entire life of 1.5 years and was terrified. By the 3nd video in he was playing with toys and romping with his brother pooch. By now I am hooked in the family drama- this woman posting nearly everyday.
She goes to Weight Watchers, quit her job and opened up an ice cream shop, and then her husband has a heart attack- I am so hooked on this family drama now. Is he going to be ok? What happened.....She is still posting and I sat there and it was a true life/day to day "show".
Thing is..... she is just like us......not glammed up, just everyday gal.
Anyway- I got lost in her story for a few hours. It really was fun. We all have a story to tell don't we?

Back to my reality show- I am getting denied my benefits as they don't think my injury or pain or therapy is justified. I was LIVID last night when I got the news.

So here is the crux: I am now a unapproved /not working and I either return to work on Monday or I am terminated. I also need a DOCTORS PERMIT to return to work......... I don't and can't get in to see her until the 8th. I have therapy scheduled until I see her. She will not write a return to work until she sees me.
Can anyone say CLUSTER F .........

You know what........ I just need to find something else. This was not my job. It was a paycheck and I hated it anyway. I truly think that I am the type of person who needs to work for myself. I am not the type to fit in a box. Never have been. That is why I think it has never worked well for me.
Even though I have stayed in healthcare for 22 years- I get tired of corporate BS and move to the next. Some people are truly ok to sit like that I never have been. To be continued.......... I will stop now!

I am back on the LC train! I made a LC crustless "pizza" and it was good. Not great but hit the "WANT" of a pizza without the carbs. I did the cheese and I will see how that rolls- but I am cutting way back on dairy. I have come to accept that some I will allow (cheese now and again- not often) but the rest is gone.

Going to sit outside for a minute.

NIC- what are you going to read next?
  #1358   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 15:01

BF:

Just to clarify. The NY golf trip is just 10 of us gals from our club going to a really nice course to play. NO tournament......just for fun. It's just a golfing girls road trip!

Trig.....SO glad that your eye is ok and that the shingles had not done any damage. What a relief! I hope you're feeling better every day.

Jaz.....I'm sorry about your work drama and them denying your time off. What a time to be without insurance! Will you have to come up with the $$ for the MRI that you've already had, or are they paying for that. What a mess. As you said corporate BS! Freshly has all sorts of meals. They all have nutrition info so you can choose low carb or whatever. They also have a line called Freshly Fit which are lower calorie meals. I think they are quite good and so convenient. If you decide you want to try it, let me send you a link....maybe you'll get a bit of a discount on your first order.

Nic....Hope the closing goes smoothly tomorrow and you can have a good day moving in. It is so awesome that the furniture is already there....and gorgeous too!

DH is home. Time to find something for him for dinner.
  #1359   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-21, 05:17

BF:

Jaz- what is the YT channel called?
Ugh, sorry to hear about your job troubles and they are troubles indeed. What are you going to do?

Lori- NY and no tournament sounds even better! It will be fun to just go and play with friends on a beautiful course somewhere new.

Trig- Hope you are hanging in there my friend and recovering a bit at a time. Keep resting as you need to, so your body can heal!

Well, the day is here. CRAZY! Leaving in less than an hour to head to DE and get this show on the road! Both cars are packed up and we are ready to rock and roll. Whoo hoo!
  #1360   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-21, 05:57

BF:

Good Morning!

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful sight after all the rain the past couple days. I think our area had 3+ inches. Our sump pump has been running every few minutes since yesterday morning. It's doing it's job!

Nic....So excited for you! I can't wait for your next report when you tell us that all the paper work is done and now it's time to get settled in!

Trig...Hope your symptoms are starting to improve and you're feeling better.

Jaz.....I know you have a lot on your mind about this job situation and everything. Whatever you're going to do going forward...I wish nothing but the best for you. It's time for things to go right for you!

-------

I'm not doing much today. Maybe some laundry and I do have to run a couple errands. Just cruising thru my day.
  #1361   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-21, 06:26

BF:

Good Morning!

NIC- Today IS YOUR DAY!!!!!! Super stoked for ya! YT= You Tube- hahahahah

I can't wait for you to get keys in your hands! Goodness I wish I could be a fly on the wall!!!!!

Lori- I was curious about Freshly. Not ready for any just yet. I am eating pretty Keto to get back from last weekend food circus!

Tell me about your NY trip! I swear I missed that! You headed out today? It does feel like Fall here. We went from 90-low 80 overnight.

Trig- How ya doing? Are you able to sleep? I hope ya get back up on your feet real soon. I just hate it when we feel good on the inside and our bodies say NOPE not today! URGHHHHH -

How is the kiddos school going? My DD school is on verge of going virtural again! Too many cases of Covid!
----------------------------------------------------------
You know with everything one would think I am upset over the situation. Actually, I do think it is very crummy of this company to not take care of their employees. It doesn't say much for them and then they wonder why the turn over rate is so high! My dept alone is 28 nurses short.

All to say- MEH, it might be a good change. I am going to keep doing the work outs that PT gave me then going to YT/You Tube - more for people with bad knees.

I am totally open to try something new. I am thinking of getting out of Healthcare. That really opens the doors to new things for me. So I am chillin and keeping all doors open and seeing what the universe has for me! It's good. Life is too short to not be happy.

So yesterday I really nailed the carbs/calories and got off that bloat from last weekend.

I am truly loving that Lavash Bread that Blue used to rave about. I not only found it but I am using it in a ton of ways. It feels like a cheat and isn't.

For instance, yesterday I had "pizza", and lost that 4 pounds.
I used the Lavash for a crust- added RAO pizza sauce, sprinkled mushrooms and Boars-head pepperoni and dribbled a sprinkle of pizza cheese and topped with garlic powder and dried basil. Popped it in oven for 8 minutes and boom. It TOTALLY hit that I want/need pizza fix.
Not only that- all for 6 net carbs "crust" 3 carbs mushrooms and sauce= 9 all in. It was the only thing I ate yesterday and it was really good.

Blue skies, deep blue and an Autumn feel to the air. It is refreshing.

Today I will take a few hours and go on Indeed and see whats out there. then I am going to pack up the pooch and go somewhere and get in a fresh air walk. It will be a slow go but I want some fresh air and sunshine. Not going to sit in this apt. all day.

Food- thinking about the salmon I got or crab cakes. I got some crab I need to use or lose. I will have that over a bed of baby arugula.

will check in later for updates.
  #1362   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-21, 06:40

BF:

Jaz......I think Nic knew that YT was YouTube.....we're all wondering the name of the channel for the videos you're enjoying....WHO is it?

The NY trip is just a one day. Up in the morning and back in the afternoon. Not really exciting other than enjoying some Fall golf. I'm actually dreading the 2 hour trip up and then back. I'm riding with 3 other girls and I don't have to drive, but it's a lot of time sitting in a car.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Sep-24-21 at 09:12.
  #1363   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-21, 08:37

BF:

Hey-
So the lady I was watching is "Welcome to my curls"- I started with "we adopted the dog nobody wanted". HAHAHAH- got hooked.

Wow on 2 hours each way with 4 people in a car. I would be claustrophobic. I make a terrible back seat driver! HAHAHAH

Ok- gotta run- about to get out and walk.
  #1364   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-21, 04:45

BF:

Good Morning!

I have about an hour before hitting the shower to get ready for golf. This time of year I never know how to dress. I'm wearing long pants and may regret it. It's supposed to get to 70 today. I'm still in a quandary about what to wear tomorrow too. It's supposed to be windy up in NY and we'll be in the mountains. Hmmm.......Layers are easy on the top, but not so much on the bottom. First world problems, right?

I'm heading to Connie's on Wednesday morning and I can't wait. Anxious to see her and just ready for a change of scenery. I'm tired of figuring out what to fix DH for dinner and just out of ideas. I'll get him some easy warm up things for when I'm gone and other than that, he's on his own. He doesn't cook...AT ALL...so it has to be take out or something microwavable.

My diet will fly out the window when I'm at Connie's. We'll go out to eat every day and heaven knows what else we'll get into. We're going to try to get a couple mile walk in every day to counteract some of the calories. Yikes!

Thinking of you Nic and hoping everything went well yesterday. Did you spend the night in the "Love Shack" last night?

Trig....How are you doing? Has the swelling gone down in your face? I sure hope you're starting to feel much better.

Jaz.....I know you have some work decisions to make by Monday. I'm sure it is mega-stressful for you.

Well, think I'll go hit the shower and get ready. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Sep-25-21 at 04:57.
  #1365   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-21, 06:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Sounds like a super busy weekend for you! I know you will have a great time. I would do light weight layers for sure!!!

Wow - can't believe how fast time has gone by! I know Connie will be happy to see you! Is she a walker?
Funny on the hubby not "cooking at all!". Poor guy- but he really hit the jackpot with you!

NIC- House updates! How did it feel to wake up in YOUR house this morning?!?!?!- Are you going to have coffee on your screened porch when you write to us? Tell us how it all went down!

TRIG- updates on your status!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful Beautiful Weekend on tap! I have no plans at the moment!

I might just hang here on my patio/pool. I have opened up all my windows and have a nice cool air breeze.
I do have 2 batches of laundry and that is about it. I am working on a project that keeps me on the computer. more on that later as it takes shape.
Sometime this weekend will include a walk and I will make a healthy something and splurge on a glass or two of wine and relax. Last week was busy and I am still recouping. So I am good to prop up feet and really enjoy some blue skies and fresh air.

Back later!