Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1516   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-21, 05:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

A day of low cal eating and the scale has returned to a more acceptable level(for now). Whew! I did have 1 lite beer on the course yesterday, but it didn't hurt me. I was WAY over dressed for the weather. It got so warm with full sun. It always takes me a bit to figure out what to wear for these days that start out a bit cool but then warm up. When you're outside for 4 hours, you have to be sure to be dressed warm enough, but it's a fine line. I tend to overdo it.

Nic....I love the sound of having your own room to "escape" to. I would love that! If I didn't have my Bose noise cancelling headphones and my laptop to watch videos or whatever, I would go crazy. DH and his sports shows and the volume so high.....ACK!!!

Jaz & Trig.....Hope all is well....drop a dot!

--------

Just puttering around the house today. We had rain overnight and more coming today. We plan to play tomorrow, but it depends on how much rain we get today. The course is very wet and too much added rain will make it nearly unplayable.

Time for more coffee! Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #1517   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-21, 06:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am brain mush right now.

Just don't give a flyin' furball ya know

Sent you guys an email.

Just doing, coming to terms, just figuring it out and irked and ticked and venting.....you know, pity party for me HAHA

chat up later guys
  #1518   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-21, 06:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies! I am LOL'ing over You two (Lori/NIC and Football "noise". BTW The Ravens LOST to to the Bengals! LOST to the 2 worst team in the league. It only could have been worse if they lost to the Browns. Both come from Ohio I might add!

Nic- I think your craft/"She" room needs completely centered around you! I LOVE that idea!!!!! Everyone needs to have a feeling of having their own space!

Glad you got your TV- Mine was just a tiny 43 inch- I might give it to the son when he comes in Nov. I have 3 TV's now. One for every room. Just how many does ONE person need?

Too cool for you and hubby to explore the restaurants up and down the coast! I would be into that too if it was outdoor dining. I am still dicy on the close space of being in a crowded space.
I guess that is a Covid - leftover position. I do think about being in crowded spaces. Especially after we all (the world) went in lockdown for so long. It is hard to go back to that- large crowds and all.

Yay on your trip to GA!!!!! How long will you be there? Wed-Sun? That is a good amount of time. You know it is not funny- but 3 days is about my meltdown point too! I don't know why 3 days is sorta the bench mark but I have noticed that with alot of people. Critical mass= 3 days! LOLOLOL

Lori- Are you feeling any better? You have some real deal rain headed your way! Better stock up just in case. It could be soggy for a minute up your way!!!!!

Does your hubby have to work if the weather is bad?

Trig- I think at this point you are good to go with getting your color in, especially if you do it yourself. Good to go this far in. Just go gentle.

I hate to cut this short but OMG where does the morning go?!?!?!?!?
I have to sign in now! URGHHHHHHH

Back later
  #1519   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-21, 17:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey friends, I've spared you all my cranky ass today. Sore feet, dead car battery and difficultly getting things scheduled has just made for a crummy day. Tomorrow will be better and I'll check in then.
  #1520   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 04:33

BF:

Good Morning!

May i wear the "cranky" crown today? I got my 2nd Shingles vax yesterday and between that and restarting my Pahla B. strength training workouts, I'm feeling a bit beat up. One of my golf friends has started Pahla B. workouts(per my suggestion), so she has inspired me to restart. Misery loves company, you know.

We've canceled golf for today since I'm sure the course is a swamp. We'll go tomorrow and hope it has drained a bit. Today is to be partly sunny and windy, so maybe it'll dry a little bit.

A new low on the scale this morning, but I know it won't stick. I'm allowing myself some extra carbs this morning since I'm feeling so low. I had just a little beef noodle soup left in the fridge, so I ate that with the 2 little beef cubes that were in it. It sure tasted good....hope it peps me up! DH came home yesterday with a pint of my fav Ben & Jerry's ice cream for me. Sigh.....It is in the freezer taunting me. I know he thinks he's being nice by bringing it home for me, but come on! He knows I'm trying to cut a few pounds this month. God bless him.

Since it's darker in the morning, he doesn't leave for work until later. Heaven help me. Bose earphones firmly in place. I miss my quiet mornings.

--------

Nic....hope today is a better day all around. Some days are just crap from start to finish.

Jaz.....It's "hump day" for the working girl! Hope your week is going well.

Trig...I can only imagine how you feel. You deserve some down time to work thru the rage.....I think you are handling everything so well.

------

Hoping to be able to catch a nap this morning. Just feeling punk.
  #1521   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 07:26

BF:

Hello!!!!!!!! Good Morning and........... I am pretty sure we can all take turns right now with the CRANKY CROWN! - All for legitimate reasons!!!!!!

Lori- Sorry you are feeling Punk. BTW- I know you are going to giggle when I tell I have the time today to try a Paula video so I am going to try one. Any really good one that are knee gentle?

I am making working out priority right now! The scale is stuck and watching you and NIC basically hit your goals or pretty close I think is due to moving your butts!

Hope you feel better!

NIC- OMG I just hate it when stuff doesn't work.....ie.... batteries, cars, computers, TV Remotes, HAHAHAHAH.
Look forward to your post when you are ready.

Trig- I expressed my thoughts in that email. I also think you are doing way better than I would have handled all that. Post when you can.
------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday............ I singed in only to find my boss and her boss (can you see where this is going????) in a Zoom room waiting on me.
Of COURSE I WAS LATE- 7 minutes to be exact. My computer decided to do an upgrade right as I was trying to log in. Sighhhhhh

So basically LONG story short. I basically told a patient that a blood pressure of 210/115 was in stroke margins and he was just to young. Add that to the fact he had an anger issue ie.....blood pressure and called me a B!tch 3 times before I hung up on him.
Anyway- I clocked out 2 hours early Friday because my manager said I should not have hung up on him.

Fast forward- yesterday......So the Director stated she waited a WRITTEN apology to my boss for leaving early, and another apology to the company for hanging up on a client/ and telling him he was TOO YOUNG to get a stroke.

So I did write apology 1. MAYBE I should have finished out my last two hours- swallowed my feeling and sucked it up and not clocked out.

I did NOT WRITE apology 2. As a matter of fact I stated in a letter to the company after they made me register to the call I would have hung up on him again. (yeah they made me listen again). I will not take that verbal abuse from anybody Barr none. I have been struggling in this position anyway.

It was the wrong fit from day one. Yeah- well working from home was the only thing I like. I was timed though how long I could pee.
So...... at the end of yesterday........ I got a call from my boss telling me to take the next 3 days off with my PTO hours to "CONSIDER MY FUTURE" with this position.

They are forcing my hand.
I have never learned to play the corporate game well. I am too independent and not a sheeple. If I had thought about it or planned better I would have started my own business 20 years ago. But timing is everything ya know. So I will go back to work Monday- keep my head low until I find something else.

What I am looking at now is a part time weekend gig (they pay more) and then see if there is any potential for a Nurse Coach.... I of course would specialize in diabetes. I love working with those people.

Anyway- I am not upset. I am looking at this as an opportunity to finally that that plunge. So- I am good. I am doubling down right now on self care and will add some exercise to this mix! Working to exhaustion is not a life. So I am relieved. I just need to ride that wave for a short while.

Enough of that! So not you are all up to speed.

I am going to find a Paula video today. I have Pork chops for the air fryer and am on the hunt today! ALL good.

Ok ladies- back later.
  #1522   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 08:55

BF:

Jaz......If you search for the Pahla videos, make sure you spell it right.....she spells it: Pahla B. Fitness

I have never seen that spelling of Pahla before, but there it is.

I just tried to do a weights workout and I shouldn't have. I got halfway thru and broke out in a cold sweat and felt nauseous. I thought I was going to hit the floor. I'm back in my recliner where I'll spend the rest of the day and go to bed early tonight.
  #1523   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 21:26

BF:

Wow Lori, that sucks! I'm sorry you feel so badly! Rest!!

Jaz, it really doesn't sound like this job is a good fit for you. I'm sorry and i hope you can find something that suits you better.

Trig- sending big hugs to you.

Using my iPad without hooking up my keyboard tonight and it is horrendous. Will hook it up in the morning as it is almost 11:30. The train in the airport in Atlanta was down so I ended up getting 12,000 steps in today- was trying to avoid a lot of walking. I really hope I can still get around tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hugs!
  #1524   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Still feeling "punk" so I've decided not to push it and stay home.....no golf. We have one more tee time scheduled....for Sunday. It'll be weather dependent as there's rain in forecast for the next several days. If it warms up this afternoon, I may get outside for a walk. I think I'll restart my Pahla B. month long body shaping workout on Monday. November 1st sounds like a good starting point....right?

Nic.....Have a wonderful getaway with your friends! I hope your feet hold up after all the walking yesterday. Keep in touch when you can.

Jaz....So sorry about your job woes. Management sounds a bit oppressive and downright unreasonable. I hope you can find something else that will be a perfect fit for you.

Trig.....I hope things are calming down a bit for you, although I know the anger will burn for a long time. I know it would for me! Just keep thinking about your upcoming trip and how nice it will be to get away.

------------

So.....not much going on here. I hate not feeling well. I sure feel better than yesterday when all my muscles and joints hurt. Some Advil in the afternoon really helped. Today I'm just left with the tired feeling and a bit of a "fuzzy" head. This too shall pass.
  #1525   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 06:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori...ahhh sorry you still feel punk and feel icky. Take the drugs to help and rest under that fuzzy blanket and have Gabby on your lap purring....that is a nice way to relax and rest up the icks. You got nailed a bit, time for recovery....hope you get over it sooner than later!!!

Nicco, you are in Atlanta now? I am lost off the thread a bit LOL gosh playing catchup just between us all is hard sometimes

Jazz, screw the company. You have SO many darn options to earn a buck better than having to apologize....apologize, what the f is that? come on, this is adult business and they are making you write apology letters? Yea right, that would be the day I would be doing that stuff HAHA

I am super glad to read ya don't care cause I wouldn't either and like I said, you got SKILLS girl to earn bucks easily so if you walk from them soon, then know you will be ok also!!

I tell ya, this world is the dumps.

----------------So my mood is improving but my pride of stupidity feeling is hurt like hell but I can write off cyber losses on taxes so that helps me a bit but come on.....this world is the pits and scum when you go just beneath that layer ya know. All fun and social and American dream and candy rainbows and all TIL just scratch that surface.....OK ME BAD but darn I am flipping my thinking to being that person...ugh. Well I might not try to go there that deep somehow....again a big sigh....I just don't give a flying Sh...about any of it anymore.

OK enough of that

on plan doing ok
hubby to work
kid to school

me and kid get haircuts when she gets home

then I HAD TO friggin' color my hair and I hope my scalp doesn't go batsh>> crazy effected but I can't take it anymore. I feel less than without my hair color and it is dragging me down truly.
So we shall see what comes of that crap later HA

off to fold up some laundry. I ain't doing much, went into 'oh whoa is me pity party' but hubby said snap out of it.....he said it sucks rocks but damn, you can't stop life over crap like this' and I thought, darn right I can, for a while, gets me out of house chores HA

be good all
  #1526   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 08:04

BF:

POOF- Second time is a charm! URGHHHHHHHHH

Ok where was I............

Lori- So again I will say (from first post) I wonder if you don't have a sinus infection. It seems you have had symptoms for a bit longer than just a stuffy nose. I am wondering if you should see your doctor to just make sure you don't need and antibiotic.

Take care of you and for Petes sake girl REST!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the spelling of Phaula!!!!!!
On my list for today-

Trig- first and foremost you are handling things so much better than I. Maybe I should just put in a email what I really think. But I would not be "snapping out of it like that either.
Hell I am STILL salty over a LEMON car that cost me seriously 7k in 2 weeks before I sold it at a loss. I could have spent that 7 K for an upgrade car. Stuff like that does piss me off. Money is hard worked for and I don't blow it off. Granted I have a great little car now- but yea....................... I feel yea!!!!!!! I will leave it at that so I don't get tossed off here!

Time to focus on you and getting yourself back in pure Carnivore mode and become the Warrior Princess you are!

So did you get your hair done?

NIC- So di you get your car up and running and to Atlanta safely? The trains weren't working?!?!?!?!?! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? Dang- Hartsfield is a CITY!!!! Well you literally took it in stride, a very fast stride! So did you rent a car and heading to Mountains now? Do you have the overcast and damp rain I have? It has been sunny for days!!!!!

Tomorrow though it is suppose to get nice and stay that way for awhile again so you should be good! A little rain and cooler should make for pretty trees!
Check in when you can!
---------------------------------------------------------
So I got a piece of mail yesterday from T-Moble stating that their entire data base of current and former users ID have been compromised. It also went onto say my name. DOB, and drivers # had been taken. But wait.......... they will pay for 2 years of "security". Where is the middle finger Emoji when you want one.

So yesterday I was pulling my credit reports from all 3 companies to make sure nothing was amiss. I will be dammed if there isn't something on one of them. It just popped up. I usually check my reports one a year- and my score monthly.
It was a bill from a place in Florida for a cable service I have never used. So - I had to open a dispute!

Sooooooooooooooo............. note to anyone reading this. Freeze all your credit. I already had my credit frozen anyway- so it was not new credit it was a bill. NOT MINE. Can happen and does.
I check my accounts everyday. I have gotten in that habit. It takes no time. It does piss me off in every way how people prey on others. I would feel SO guilty taking something that does not belong to me.

My grandmother got a call before she died in the middle of the night stating one of the grandkids was in jail and needed bail. It was a very small amount. HOWEVER, she was sleepy, and concerned and thought well it is 100 bucks- ok. So she gave her account number. We all know what happened next. They took everything she had left. She had very little at 92- but they took it all.

We all found out about it and helped her file a police report. - nada- they were never caught. This happened right before Christmas. So all the kids and grandkids all chipped in and gave her back her $$ and tripled it. So she was good- and was taken care of. Not everyone is so lucky. I will stick my soap box away!

Rainy, damp, cool today. I made a small turkey tenderloin yesterday and green beans yesterday. So I will take the leftover and make a LC white chili. It just sounds so good, hot soup on a cool rainy day.

I put my super over soft pj's back on and will actually try to get a few resumes out the door!
That and a workout in.

I also have done pretty well in my Swing trading this week! It's been a great week. Hey every dime matters and I can do a side hustle here and there and it all adds up.

I feel good, lost those 2 bloat pounds and back to my ALMOST low before that LINE!!!!!!! It is like I get right there- SO sO so close and stand there and LOOK at it.

My pup is wrapped around my backside with his little nose up on my leg. He just makes my blood pressure go down! My therapy dog! I should register him!!!!!!

Ok- Feel good, arrive safely, have a great day!!!!!!!
  #1527   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 08:20

BF:

Lori, Big hugs to you. I think you’re doing the right thing by resting and trying to get on top of whatever is going on with you. I know it’s especially hard for you to lay low but in the long run it will pay off.

Trig, I can understand your anger. It’s absolutely infuriating that something like that happened. I think Pork Chop was right to tell you to snap out of it at this point, as much as it is angering that it happened, because ultimately it won’t make a difference. And I do believe that there are so many more good people than bad. But again, I would be furious and I do really feel bad for you about it. I think coloring your hair is an excellent idea and will lift your spirits!

Jazz, good for you for dropping those pounds and getting so close to the line. It’s going to happen soon and when it does I bet you stay down there too. I hope that you’re able to find some job possibilities today and get to enjoy cuddling your dog.

I’m happy to report that my feet don’t feel any better or worse than they have been so I’m really glad about that. I was pretty concerned with all the walking I had to do yesterday. Rob is getting my car towed from the garage today and hopefully they’ll be able to fix it while I’m gone. So strange how it was perfectly fine and then just died! I’m sure it’s something relatively minor though all things considered.

Rob went to IKEA and picked out some bunkbeds that will be delivered next Friday so I’ll go down to Delaware to be there for that. He’ll join me that weekend and stay for a few days. It will be nice to have the bunk room set up for anyone who wants to visit. We’re going to put two sets of bunkbeds and a trundle bed so that room will sleep five. Now I guess I get to start thinking about what I want to do with the other room.

Today I think we’re going to go to the Bigfoot museum and wander around the town a little bit. Should be a fun day. On Friday I’m dropping my friends off on a wine tasting day at a vineyard and I will have some downtime which of course you all know that I love! It should be the perfect balance of friend time and downtime hopefully.

Next week I’ll see the dentist and the podiatrist before heading off to Delaware toward the end of the week.

That’s about it from here! It’s cold and windy and I believe there’s rain expected over the next couple of days but it’s nice and cozy inside. I’ve discovered I can dictate from the iPad so this is actually pretty awesome!
  #1528   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 09:36

BF:

NIC- So glad you are in and cuddled up! You learned a new button- TALK And Dictate!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh boy here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row with the house and screenings!

My apt. Is cozy today too!!!! We are in the same weather while you are in GA. Dark, windy, and cool. Although Let me just say something about wind.

Never EVER have I heard the wind like you do up in DE. I was shocked just how fierce that wind can be. That is one of the things I will never forget about that trip. Always windy!

Get tucked in and enjoy your day!
  #1529   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 13:01

BF:

Back to report I'm feeling much better. It is a beautiful day and I just had to get outside. I had a package to take to the post office, so I drove uptown and parked and then walked to the PO and then walked around town...2 miles worth. Felt so good to move a bit. I should have played golf....I'm sure the girls had a good time. Oh well.....maybe I'll get another round or 2 in this year.

DH is out hunting with our son until dark tonight. I'm watching my Paranormal shows on Discovery+ and loving life.

Nic.....happy to hear that your feet are no worse for wear! Enjoy your time away.

Jaz.....no stuffy nose here. Yesterday I was just achy from head to foot.....everything hurt. Today I still had a bit of a headache, but muscle/joint aches are gone. I also have quite a bit of inflammation around the injection site. I feel pretty good right now, other than the arm which only hurts if I press on the area.

Ok.....off to enjoy my afternoon of solitude.
  #1530   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-21, 13:30

BF:

Humid and warm and raining on and off all day. taking out the pooch between rain drops poor dog.

I got that entire mess with the bogus bill resolved this morning and so happy about it. It took all morning but resulted in a removal of a black mark on my credit and 800$ gone. Amazes me the amount of time it takes one to prove- NOT ME- Sighhhhhh Over done with moving on and happy

Lori- I don't have Discovery but I bet it is good. I watch so little stuff EXCEPT PRIME and Shark Tank. I dropped Netflix. All their stuff is old and been there seen it! Nothing new.

So glad you are feeling better. Really 2 miles as a recovery program- GIRL I still have not gotten off the couch to do a video- SHAME SHAME SHAMEFUL> No I need to-

Just need a hot to work out with- well maybe not- then I wouldn't go- I would be I would if I .............. sighhhhhh I just need to MOVE .

"close ears TRIG"-

So I am just feeling a bit heavy cause the scales aren't moving the way I need.....ie (get up off couch)........ So I am doing a day of just LC veggies and no meat or anything. Just a bowl of LC soup (or two). I will say it is pretty gross and is hitting trash TONIGHT. I ate it and am just going to wait it out until I can eat again.

I tell ya Intermitted fasting is really proving to be a winner!!!!!

So I will eat again tomorrow and do not need to torture myself it was my "LAST MEAL". Ever do that???????? The ya know: this is my last "meal" binge? NOT GOING there.

So all good- will lose a little I hope.

Am I the ONLY one who never saw Lost first time around????? - Binging that over food and loving it!

Till tomorrow ladies. NIC- hope you are settled- having cocktails with your friends! CHEERS to you!!!!!!

To us all- you ladies are the BEST- Sisters by a different mister