Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1441   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 06:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Quick check in- Camp starts at 9 so the clock is ticking.

Lori- yes, it is either in person or virtual and I'm doing the virtual option. Online all day today which will absolutely kick my ass- I really struggle to attend or stay put for that long. Yesterday was 1-6:30 and that was really a huge stretch for me.

Happy birthday to your sister! I'd agree with you that she is doing amazing at 79. Age has so much to do with mental thinking as it does with the number. My Mom is the same age I think (1942 birth year, am I calculating that correctly?) and she has decided she is old and started acting that way, no lie, in her late 50s. She literally does nothing at all bc she seems to think that is way she should be acting at her age. I am absolutely determined to be more like your sister than like my Mom!

Recliner is *chef's kiss*. IMO pretty ugly but my ass was happy all day and evening in it! lol

Trig- Enjoy the shopping if you can. I actually like Walmart for clothes. I think they tend to have some decent looking stuff that wears well enough, certainly for the price!

Ok gotta go, five mins til start time! Gotta go in off the porch!

Edit-- OOOH I was wrong and it starts at 10 EST. Yay a little while longer to get myself together. I set an alarm for 7 so I could have slept a while longer but this is just as well.

DH arrives tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to him being here. I have rocked some weight loss in DE for the first time and moved out of "vacay" mode which was needed and necessary. Fine to do that now and again but not all the time. At a new low today for 2020-2021.

So DD and SoIL got a kitten, about 6 months old, and we'll see how that works out. My DD, God love her, really really struggles with changes like this. They have attempted to adopt a dog a couple of times and she has panic attacks that last a couple of days. That is happening again for her this time. I really, really feel for her (and for him) and I wonder about what her adjustment to having a child will be like. I will absolutely need to be there for them as an encouragement and source of support. Kitten is cute as hell though, named Violet. DS23 adopted a cat (smarter than a kitten, IMO) that they named, of all things, "Pancake." WHHYYYYYY??

DS19 is doing well and is loving school and his apartment and life in general. I saw on his bank account that he went and spent 140$ at a tat parlor so I am wondering when I will hear about his new addition and what it looks like and where it is. Two kids with new cats and one kid with a new tat.

I'm feeling breakfast-mood today and with all the mental work I will be doing, I should probably heed it, so I'm off to heat something up. Have a good day, all!

Last edited by niccofive : Sat, Oct-09-21 at 07:11.
Sponsored Links
  #1442   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 07:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!

Running out to meet a lady I met to check out her booth at the local flea market.

Back in a bit with a real post.
I will get my 30 minutes in for sure!!!!! LOLOLOL
  #1443   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 13:27

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back from a chilly day on the golf course. Super cloudy and windy....even though it was in the low 60's, it didn't feel that warm. Mosquitoes are still out in force, so I was anxious to get home and scrub the bug spray off of myself. The hot shower felt wonderful. I did a lot of walking on the course today, so that will be my walking for the day. I will get out for a dedicated 30 minutes tomorrow for sure as we decided to cancel golf for tomorrow due to prediction of rain in the morning. I'm kind of looking forward to Sunday and Monday to just putter around the house.

I'm going to go throw some chili together and DH will have that and a toasted cheese sandwich. His favorite kind of meal. I'll just have some chili with a dollop of sour cream.....yum!

Ok.....that's it from here. "See" you tomorrow!
  #1444   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 15:45

BF:

Lori- YUM and Yum on a grilled cheese and Chili. Please it does not get better! Sounds like you need a break from wet weather up there!!!!!!!!

NIC-- I just had a huge smile to think that last kiddo of yours who didn't want to get it done in HS- is now flourishing in Collage and well!!!!!!!!! So very very cool!

The DD- goodness on the kitty. Any animal is such an adjustment. Dogs are worse than kitty's. Dogs need loving, taken out and attention.
trust me if a human baby comes about she WILL HER WAY! As we all do!

I am so happy for you . You are in such a great place.

Trig- Hoping you got your stuff you needed at Wally World! Is your mom settled in and all settled in?

-------------------------------------------------
So I met this lady today at the her booth at the flea market. Actually she has 4 of them. She is retired Army and now does this for fun and fun money and is very good at it.

Anyway She introduced me to her friends- which I clicked with and exchanged # with them as well.
She is the type of person who is very extroverted and connects people together and and very good at it. She knows "everybody". I had a blast!

I will go back tomorrow- and sorta hang out with her and her "people"- nice people!

I really hit it off with her other friend and we exchanged number .Both of these ladies live close! SO so cool.

Sitting on patio- I am tired today. Got my flu shot yesterday and just a wee bit tired. I want to just munch and not doing it. I have nothing munchable in my house. KEY- don't have JUNK in the house.

OK ladies check in am
  #1445   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-21, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning!

DH got up insanely early, but I was able to fall back to sleep for awhile. No golf today, so I have a day to just do this and that. I WILL get my walk in at some point. I don't think it's going to rain much at all, so that won't be an issue.

Jaz.....I love how easily you meet new friends! Have a great time today!

Nic....How did your "camp" go yesterday? Do you have it again today? Do you feel it was worthwhile? Enjoy your beach time!

Trig....Hope you're having a nice visit with Mom. How did you make out taking DD shopping at Walmart? Hope she found some stuff she liked.

--------

I have to tighten up the eating today as the scale was up almost 2 lbs this morning...WTH?? I did eat and drink more than usual yesterday, but certainly not 2 lbs worth! I know it's mainly water or whatever, but I sure didn't like seeing that number this morning.

Ok, that's it from here. I'll pop in later and check on you all!
  #1446   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-21, 06:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori your fun caught up but that is easily handled by you very fast

enjoy your walk today and just check out if the trees are starting to change and all and if you can see winter gonna bear down on ya sooner than later now LOL

Jazz cool if you connect with some new friends.
and flea market people my kind of people too

Nicco kitten in those changes your routine and a little of the dynamics so that is a good thing....so yea, let it all go down and it is a play for learning more we are gonna face etc. cool

tat....love it LOL I know I can't wait to hear!!

so as much of 'you are out of it all' you sure as heck are feeling alot of the kids still

-----------today is hang with mom and chat
hubby will sleep all day cause working 6 days week is draggin his butt down but he wants to so...let that go in my eyes.

I am gonna do laundry and some small chores

walmart I bought 2 shirts in the JUNIOR section of the store.....WEEEE....I got into Junior size 17.....what the hell is that to real sizes? I have no idea but darn I loved them and thought no way and then kiddo said that will fit ya and I thought, nope, tried one one and yes it did. No idea on what size that is in my real women's normal buying world tho HAHA but I like it.

kid bought 2 spaghetti strap scoop neck shirts to 'I think show cleveage' and yes she got lots of that but when I saw the 'bottle neck high thin strap' she said NO that goes too high? I didn't ask HAHA

bought makeup/masks/cleaners for 'beauty for her' so yea my wallet is now vaulting and screaming thru her transition time, I am lucky to get this long tho I guess

all good
steaks today for me

I have alot of leftover crap from their takeouts and other food and today is 'you find shit to eat' and leave me alone' and if ya don't finish off all that crap ya had to have? into the garbage it goes.

I hate my fridge and what is in it from the carb family! ugh

over and out and be good all, we got sun...weeeeee
  #1447   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-21, 07:08

BF:

Good morning all, from your favorite porch sitting gal!

We are definitely moving into chili season, Lori.. sounds delish! Not to curse us all, but it has not been cold yet this Fall. Here in DE we have had a couple of cool days but still, they require a cardigan at most.

Fluctuations definitely happen, as you know. I bet it is gone in the next day or two and probably will take a few extra ounces along with it!

Jaz- I'm glad you have met a few women you like and are friendly with. That goes a long way toward making a place feel more like a home.

Trig- LOOK AT YOU shopping in the Juniors section, you little Minx!! I love it! Your DD seems like she doesn't ask for a whole lot overall and I actually know that deep down you don't mind it at all.

•••••••••

Cool and cloudy today, windy but oddly humid too. I'm thinking the humidity will be more common here anyway being close to the beach. Wondering if the dead of winter will feel like a damp cold though.. guess I'll find out!

People here in the neighborhood are so ridiculously friendly and nice and welcoming. The dogs and I went for our morning walk and we have many chats along the way. They have doggie friends now, or at least familiar dogs and it is so cute. Sophie is getting by- not thriving but not a total wreck either. One day at a time.

It's also a very active community- walking and biking and fitness classes, and the fitness center etc. Everyone I have met has been our age or older and getting out and about. My neighbor two doors down has invited me to do something twice but with camp this weekend I have not been able to. Hopefully early in the week we can bat a pickleball around a little or something.

Last day of Camp today, and DH is coming too- arriving around 3 and will be here until Wednesday. Looking at the weather, I won't head back until late Friday or even Saturday morning. It is going to get sunny and quite warm, so my butt wants to hit the beach for sure.

Camp has been really good and I am glad I signed up to do it. Lots to take in, lots of notes taken etc, plus I can watch replays and keep learning as I go. The next thing coming up on the NoBS agenda is a course on Handling the Holidays that starts in like three days. I love that there is always stuff being taught that I can keep taking in and learning. Really keeps my brain engaged and active.

DD is still majorly on the struggle bus. As a parent, I absolutely hate that her body responds in this way. It's hard to watch your kid suffer, no matter how old they are. This too will pass.

Okay, off to the shower for me. Camp starts at 10 and I am post-due for a cleaning and hair washing!
  #1448   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-21, 07:24

BF:

Nic.....enjoy camp today! I love learning new health & nutrition stuff.

As a matter of fact, I was just watching a video on "Adaptive Physiology" that I found so interesting. It is a year old video from Dr. Sten Ekberg. Such a good explanation of blood sugar issues and Diabetes and why it is such an epidemic and how conventional treatment is just making it worse. I'm such a nerd.

DH wants to join me on my walk today, so we'll get that in before football starts this afternoon.

Have good days!

EDITED TO ADD: DH & I had a nice walk. 47 minutes and 2.1 miles.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Oct-10-21 at 10:59.
  #1449   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-21, 16:12

BF:

Hey ladies back from the flee market. It was so much fun. I got to totally redecorate this gals booth to "make it more appealing". She didn't care I was switching stuff up to "stage it" It was all kids of fun t blow off a day. Watch people watching people. HAHAHAHAHA
I was standing and walking around for hours and did not sit down. It felt SO GOOD to be MOVING!!!!!!
She made a few dollars today and offered to pay me for her help which I declined. I was just there to hang out- meet people and have a bit of just fun.

Got home and made some left over pork and veggies stir fry. Cleaned up kitchen and relaxing with a glass of wine.
Funny I got hit on by the guy in the booth across from hers. I was polite but said I was taken. Not my type.

Pooch is so happy to have me home after two days of "leaving him" he almost peed himself he was so happy to see me. He is my "type". Love this pup. He has pushed his way into my heart. My son said I have an unusual addiction to dogs. I told him not unusual- I love dogs more than people!!!! HAHAHAH he didn't laugh.......

Trig- I too know you will get that kiddo anything she points her little finger at. You will huff and puff and be pleased underneath.
What did she end up getting. It didn't seem off the chain!

How long is "mom" staying? I know she loves a Wendy's cheeseburger - did you stop there?
Is you farm Fall ready? Mowed, pool closed, barn winter ready? Do you still have your goat, chickens?

NIC- Love that you are fitting in so wonderfully to your community! Seriously wonderful.

Camp- yup and yup- nothing better than getting motivating again! Make you know why you do what you do.

Oh girlfriend. My DD is on that struggle bus as well. It is awful. I face timed her and she looked so bad. granted she was sick, but she has lost so much weight and just looks so stressed and like she was ready for tears.
She went back to work as a teacher this year and it on so many levels is just not working. I feel ya..... when you kid struggles you feel it too!!!!!!!!!

Lori- I have watched Dr. Sten Ekberg videos and they are good! Again it just pulls into our heads why we do what we do!

So SWEET your hubby wanted to take a walk with you!!!!!! That is special!
There were some really good games on today!!!!!!!

Hey I got my 30 minutes and a few hours after that of walking in today and it felt wonderful!!!!
Just don't know how I am going to deal with SITTING for 8 hours again. Sighhhhhhhhh
-------------------------------------------------------
This week-end was so fun. I got out, got moving physically and just had no thought about work, knees, or stress. It was great.

Stir fry- tonight.

Tomorrow will be a chicken Caesar salad. I have y chicken I will marinate for tomorrow. Happy and tired.............

Oh NIC you have ask twice- on differences in 20 pounds down.
so I would have to say like you: NO sugar/ No gluten- but also no PROCESSED.

Try going NO cans, no boxes, just fresh and real. No food that has more than five ingredient. the exception is tomato sauce. No fast food nothing even if it is low carb- they still sprinkle hamburgers with sugar. All cooking at home, period.
ADD: OMAD and tighten it up. Cut wine to here and there nothing harder. NO SNACKS.

Ok- gotta chill a few before I have to think about the fact tomorrow is a real Monday for me!!!!

Have a good one

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-10-21 at 18:59.
  #1450   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 06:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Up and at 'em this morning! Gabby got me up at 4, but I was ready to get up. Here it is not even 8 o'clock and my last load of laundry is in the dryer. As soon as that is done, I'm heading to the grocery store. I just have a few things on the list. I'm in search of Dole frozen diced avocado. They say it is awesome fried in a pan with some butter. I want to try it. I think I may have to check a couple different stores to find it. I did a quick search online at my usual grocery store and I didn't see it listed. Oh well, I have nothing else to do today except get my walk in at some point.

Jaz....Thinking of you as you return to work. Hope it goes well....SMILE! So, you're going to be a weekend flea market gal now? Sounds like fun and a nice group of friends.

Trig....Look at you buying tiny little shirts in the young girls section! Woohoo! Glad you found some that you love. Is Mom still with you?

Nic.....I just love the sound of your new community. It just seems like such a nice place. Lots of things to do with others, or the beach nearby to be alone and watch the waves. That's the life for me!

----------

Scale was back down this morning, so all is well. I'm hoping to see a new lower number this week. I'd like to see 155 and stay within a pound or 2 either way of that number. 158.2 right now. It's been a LONG time since I've been consistently in the 150's. I've been in the 160's for a couple years. That number sounds SO high, but I have to remember I'm 5'8"......I just bought a new pair of jeans and I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning them. I'll throw them in the dryer and shrink them up a bit. Kind of a good problem to have.

Ok...gotta get busy!
  #1451   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 06:04

BF:

Good Morning-
I guess that is what I get when I post so late! Last to post first to post! WHERE IS LORI!????? Girl I KNOW you are up!!!!! EDITED: You got your post in before me! OFF to read yours

Well it is Monday morning and the start of a new work week again.
The best part of my day is truly two things.......... My first sip of coffee and waiting for it to brew and just the anticipation of my first cup!!!
Second how cute my pop is in the morning when he is sleepy
One more- I love how quiet and beautiful it is when the sun comes up over a cloudless sky over my pine trees. It turns a brilliant pink, then almost baby blue to a deep blue later in the day. So pretty, the southern skies that the north just does not get.
However, my son was telling me that last night the "evening Autumn" bugs where humming and he could smell the leaves and see lightening bugs. That I do miss!!!!! Big time!

Nothing new since last night. I held my scales- waiting for the next drop!
enjoying coffee. Back after my day to decompress!!!!!!! HAHAHA
  #1452   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 06:22

BF:

Lori- Just read your post! - I love you have hit within 2 pounds of goal. But take in mind I would love 5'5 to hit 160 at this point!!!!!!!! I will it will take me a minute.

That being said you have really worked the hardest with all your work outs to get there! You should be thrilled!!!!

Would fresh avocado not work for your pan fry? Who pan fries avocado? Ummmmmmm I will let you try that one and give report! I bout two avocado yesterday. I am really not a fan, but they have healthy fat. I use them as a spread, or dice them and add to a salad. I have noticed that since I am using chicken more I need to up my fat a bit.

It seems to be working. I have cut back on my red beef and the scales started moving as well. Not to mention I am back on my statins because my cholesterol is over 300 and my triglycerides are almost 200 - terrible. So I had to change stuff up a tad. My A1C however is STELLAR at 4.9- almost low. HAHAHAHA

I personally think that there is a sweet spot for all of us. I have tried a bit of this and that. I have tried going all meat and it wasn't for me, I tried up/down- I binged, I tried moderation- nope.

What works for me is protein and a FEW low carb veggies and that works well. I lose when I am eating mainly chicken and fish. I even had a few 4 strawberries on a salad and still dropped weight. MY body like a FEW carbs. I stopped and stalled and have bounced now for 4 years.
I think I am going to keep doing what I am doing.
Fresh only
No white, flour, bread, gluten ect- we already do this anyway
Just lean protein, and a healthy LC veggie:
Also I have noticed that even though those protein bars, artificial sweeteners and just may have low carb stuff they are all processed. - That I think flipped the switch for me.

Yup- I am working now on my next 20 with will put me well into the zone I want to be. Funny how truly we are so different in how we metabolize food.

Well Gotta run- now the "man calleth" URGHHHHH back later!
  #1453   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 09:52

BF:

Hello!

Lori- I know you like Dr Ekberg and he does have a good teaching style. Glad you and DH had such a nice walk!

I know you (and Trig) are happy getting up so early but I can't imagine starting my day at 4 AM. I just feel like the day would seem SO LONG. I'd be ready to crash by 4 PM!

Yay for your scale being down! I'm currently right at 157 (+/- 1) and my initial goal is 150 (I'm 5'4" on a good day.) After that I think a range of 145-150 will probably be about where I aim to be. Right now I'm just moving along at a slow and happy pace, with a mix of different types of foods. I am not doing keto and probably at the higher end of low carb, but choosing so for now. I needed a mental and physical break from such heavy restriction. That means allowing a small amount of fruit (ie a snack might be 1/4 apple with .8 ounce of cheese) or a single serving of oatmeal with bacon for a brunch, that type of thing. When I do have a carb item it is measured and limited to a single serving.

Jaz- So sweet how you and Ruger have bonded. I actually think the 1 to 1 combo really bonds humans and dogs. Bella stays much closer to me when I am the only one here. Really glad you had such a fun weekend and that your knees are doing so much better.

We definitely do get those blue skies here- I call them Carolina Blue from having lived in NC. I do agree that they are gorgeous!

I am surprised that your triglycerides run high given what you eat. Your A1c is great. You are right that people's bodies are all different, metabolize differently etc. No doubt about that. And that can all change from time to time as well!

••••••••••••••

It is chilly (yet humid, very strange weather combo I'll need to get used to) and cloudy today.

Dh is working in his new office today for the first time. Overall it is going very well. I know I'll get used to knowing he's here but trying not to bother him but right now the temptation to bug him is strong.

We ate dinner out last night at a Bay front restaurant in Fenwick. Would have been a stunning place to see a sunset but it was way too cloudy/drizzly for that this time. Food was good- especially what DH ordered. We'll go back.

Today I've been hanging- sort of having a down day after three intensive camp days. I am doing a book discussion with my Accountability group for NoBS- we are reading a book called Chasing Cupcakes together, so I'll read a chapter of that today. I am meeting someone at the fitness center at 1 to go over the weight machines- adding strength training is something I want to incorporate. After that I am going to go a to a produce stand/farmers market place around here that people rave about, just for fun.

Dinner will be at home tonight- cheeseburgers (bunless for me) and a Caesar salad. I'm up .8 from yesterday, I assume from eating out, so taking a break today. I've been really really good about keeping it "non-vacay mode" in DE this time and have lost weight, so now the challenge is to make sure and keep that going with DH here. He hasn't been here since we were last here for closing so he is way more excited and vacation-y, while to me it is starting to feel more like home.
  #1454   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 10:40

BF:

Jaz...I'll let you know how the pan fried avocado goes. The blog I read said that frozen works better than fresh as it keeps it's shape better and doesn't go to mush. Plus, the frozen is always packed at the perfect ripeness, no guessing if a fresh one is ripe or not. The girl that wrote the blog uses the diced, frozen avocado browned in butter as a side with eggs to take the place of home fries. We'll see!

EDITED: I made the fried avocado chunks. You fry them until they are crispy on the outside. Not bad. I put them on my Freshly chicken fajita bowl and they were quite good and easy to make. Some good healthy fat into my diet.

I ended up walking for nearly an hour today. I was listening to a podcast and taking care of some phone calls and just kept walking.

DH had a Dr. appt. this morning for a small lump he found in his arm pit. He wanted me to go along to hear what the Dr. said, so I went. They think it is nothing, but want him to have an ultrasound since he has a history of cancer(Renal cell carcinoma-2006). He'll have the ultrasound on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it's just a little cyst or something.

That's it from here. Heading to the golf course tomorrow morning.

G'nite!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Oct-11-21 at 17:26.
  #1455   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 17:49

BF:

Lori I am curious to see how your avocado report goes!!!! I am with Nic , I don't do 4 am that is still NIGHT TIME. Crap 15 years ago I would just be getting home! HAHAHAHAHAHHA
That was in my wild after divorce days. Over those and now in bed by 930 / 10 max! HAHA

NIC- I so get ya that hubby is still looking at your DE digs as vacay/ you look at it as home! I just love that. You are adjusting. DH just hasn't had the time you have!!!!

OK- So always humid- Here too....... In the summer so frekin humid it just drips from you. In the winter it is a COLD and damp feel. Goes to your bones! Nothing crispy in the air. Always damp warm or cold- just wet always. It does take a minute to get used to.

Hey Trig!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------
Well I did expect a small Welcome Back to work. Nothing....... I had issues from the start. They had shut off all my stuff, there was an upgrade in my absence and all my passwords expired. My boss was ticked I wasn't "up to speed faster and was holding me hourly what was I doing.
I never got a hey- glad your back nothing. I also got a new headset to use with no instruction and reach out to her...... her response..... look it up in policy and procedures. OMG I just hate this....... I even was the one to reach out to her.
I posted a HEY TEAM- HOW ARE YOU I AM BACK on the team chat.......crickets. She has also hired two new people. I wonder if they are replacing me. It was just a day from ........

Right before I clocked out I got a Nasty gram stating: You need to be up and on those phones by 9 am sharp tomorrow. No nice at all - very rough. I was SHOCKED truly I was. I expected at least a pretense of hey glad your back. NOPE. Nada.

I sorta buried my .... Yea I was sad- they made me just pisst and sad. I know it is just a check- but dam at least be kind ya know..........

Today food- sucked- taking today off the count and starting again tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Well propping up my feet and sucking down aspirin and wine- great combo. got my 30 minutes in!!!! That I did do. On track tomorrow.