Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%
Default 2 a day workouts

I have been doing The Firm for an hour in the morning and Slim in 6 for an hour at night. I have been waking up at about 2 or 3 in the morning feeling like I am going to vomit and am very dizzy. I am assuming low blood sugar? What can I eat before I goto bed to prevent this but won't stall my weightloss?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 01:36

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

How much under your maintenance calorie intake are you? You shouldn't have to eat something right before bed to keep from waking up dizzy and nauseous in the middle of the night. I would say to get a few more calories during the day and early evening. An adequate supply of fat is necessary as well.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 07:38

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I eat about 1100 cals a day, 20 carbs and stay around 70% fat.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 14:28

Stats: 164/153/138 Female 5'8
BF:size:12/8/6
Progress: 42%

I have a very similiar plan, but do not experience your problems b/c I consume about 250 more calories/day than you. I think even if you up your calories about 100-150 you will feel better. You are doing so much exercise that you need to eat more than 1100. I know you only have 6 lbs left to lose, it is better if you lose them slower so they will stay off..Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 14:36

Plan: No. This wasn't my plan!
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:Don't go there
Progress: 0%

Sweetie, if you're exercising THAT much then you need to be careful and give yourself some more calories! You might try not exercising in the evening as much. Maybe a short walk or a quick round of sit-ups instead. I'm sure you look fab!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 16:05

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

sounds like another get slim quick scheme...now it's exercise overkill.
i would say that you are not eating enough cals for that much exercise in the day. yes, you are burning a lot of cals but your body does not have enough fuel. obviously you can not continue to eat and exercise this way..your body is shutting down--listen to it!! my 2 cents
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 21:40

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora23
I eat about 1100 cals a day, 20 carbs and stay around 70% fat.

You didn't say how much under your maintenance intake you are per day, so I take that to mean that you're not sure. Using your gender, current weight and height from your profile, your estimated RMR is around 1350 calories per day. I don't know your age, so I figured 30 since it's sort of in the middle somewhere.

The average person burns 1.55 x/RMR (known as Total Daily Energy Expenditure or TDEE), which would put you up around 2100 or so. If you consume your current RMR of 1350, plus burn another 300-500 calories per day, you're putting yourself in a serious calorie deficit. IMO, that's to low for anything more than a couple of days at a time and that’s likely what’s causing you to wake up feeling sick.

What I would do: Continue to do the amount of work you are doing, but increase your calories by 500. This puts you at 1850, which is still around 300 calories under your TDEE. (You could go as low as your RMR).

You should lose weight at this intake, but be sure to adjust it as your weight changes.

http://www.ultimatedietsecrets.com/ch4calcs.html