Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 21:07

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Water water water!!!

Okay I am new too--two days completed. I'm doing the Atkins plan. Now I see though that despite my habit of drinking alot of water, it is still not enough!!

I had so much fun grocery shopping tonight. My fridgerator is bursting with good food, and my kids really enjoyed dinner tonight--ribs and raspberry jello with cool whip. I'm planning on slowly getting especially my son to go low carb and he seems more enthusiastic about it when he saw what I brought home from the store.

I learned alot today from scanning through posts. I like this new spot for questions--I'm sure I'll have many! I am so happy though--two days of this "diet" thing and I am so full and satisfied!!

Kathryn, glad to hear that you are at least feeling better!! Hope the lbs. come off soon for you. I have no idea what I'll do but I can't help feeling no matter what this is something I need to do.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 08:01
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 158/141/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Water Idea

Congratulations on choosing your new WOL!
I have found a way to help me drink enough water, cause it's certainly a new for me. I think I use to only dring maybe three 8 oz of water a day. I now need to drink about 70 oz of water a day, so I fill a water gallon container up about half way in the evening before I go to bed and put it in the fridge so it's cold the next day. This way I can see how much I still need for the day. And if I seem to forget about it more than I should I put it on the counter and add ice to cool it down. So far it's really helped.
Have a great day!!!!

-tskako
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 08:26

BF:
Default water idea

What an excellent idea!!! I have two huge glasses of water sitting here on my desk but am not sure exactly how much water each holds. I'm a two fisted drinker. Wish my desk wasn't so far from the kitchen! We do have a big frig here so I will get a jug for at work and do the fill thing before I leave each day, and one for the weekend. Really great idea. Thanks!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 19:09

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 205.2/193.4/155
BF:
Progress: 24%
Lightbulb Water

I thought I would have trouble with the water thing too, but I normally drink a lot anyway. However, today, my sister (60lbs lighter from Atkins) suggested (& I did) I buy a 1 litre bottle of water. I need to drink 3 a day. This simple plastic bottle will force me to keep track of how much I consume. I hope the idea works for you.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 14:40

BF:

Charmainia,

I have a beautiful new jug for at home that hold 80 ozs. and a 1/2 gallon jug at work that isn't nearly as precise so I'm going to get a second one. We have a little frig in the copy room that should be big enough for it to fit without annoying anyone. I'm doing better on the water thing and really it does taste good!!