Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 11:51

Plan: LA weightloss/somersize
Stats: 184/168.4/130
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile I'm new!

Hi,

I just found this site today. I am currently on LA weightloss and when i'm done w/ it (everything is already paid for or i'd switch now) I plan to do SS as a WOE.

I was watching Suzanne on HSN last night and couldn't wait to get started.

Has anyone tried her pasta yet? If so, what did you think of it, good or bad? Also, do you know the nutritional value of the pastas?

Hope to hear from all my fellow SSers soon!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 22:52

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi: i was on atkins diet for about 8 months and other than the first 8 lbs that i lost i was stuck on a plateau for 7.75 of those months. i worked out and drank tonnes of water. early in december my blood pressure sky rocketed and the doc wanted me to add some pressure lowering foods to my diet and add cardio and drop 40 lbs before concidering drugs ...... which i appreciate.
so i switched to somersizing, walk briskly 4 days a week, work out, and the other 3 days i rebound and my pressure is coming down and my weight is now slowly dropping. not only that everyone has been saying that i have never looked better in my whole life. and actually when i look in the mirror now i see that i look good! i pretty much cut all desserts out of my life and i really don't miss them at all. i feel the best i've felt in ages. so you could say sommersizing is saving my life. i even made it through christmas, cheated a little bit and still lost weight. i'm a happy camper.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 18:50
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

oh my, I just bought her new book Somers. I have been on atkins for ... well a long time. But I haven't lost in almost a year. I am on pressure meds and other meds too. Dr. told me today that it will be harder for me to lose weight because of the meds. Oh joy! I bought suzanne somers book to try and change my way of eating from atkins. thought it might jump start me. how long you been on her plan? Stacey
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 21:44

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi stacy:
i've been on the somersizing for only about one month, but i was on a similar diet years ago for 3 years for bowel disease. i can't tell you how good i feel. i feel more balanced. i believe it's to do with adding more exercise (which i have always hated) and switching to suzanne somers diet. i saw an interview with her this morning on canada am and she sounded so balanced. and i really appreciate her common sense. (its sort of a combination of "fit for life" and "atkins").
three blood pressure lowering foods that i have added are, first thing in the morning, a hand full of raisins, and one apple. then i go to the gym for a brisk 20 min. walk on the tredmill adding weights every other day (after 6 monthes fo weights and 6 weeks of tredmill, i'm coming to almost like the exercise) and when i get home i rebound for 3 minutes (morning and evening) , i cook 1/2 cup of large flake rolled oats slowly over low heat and add 1 tsp of brown sugar twin. that's my morning regeam(?). the rest of the day is a regular low carb diet carefull not to combine any of the wrong foods. (usually eggs and salad for lunch and meat and salad or vegetables or a casserole for supper)
i've also made some life attitude changes as well. like, i am never deprived, food is nutritian not comfort, i have no favorite foods, exercise is not my enemy, i will love life and myself no matter what i weigh. and who said food was that important.
i am 52 years old and i want to live a long and healthy life having as much good clean fun as i can.
hope this helps,
take care,
jane
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 07:09
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi Jane,
well it sounds great. I was reading more last night. I have to drink 32 oz of water by 9:30 this morning for my ultra sound I am thrilled I will need to wear some depends lol. anyway I am going to start today on ss. I will stop at the store for all my shopping. I am looking forward to eating fruit again. Like I said I am going against a hard thing here taking hormone med and pressure meds. great combo for not losing weight. I will try and get on the treadmill later when the kids get home from school today I have really slacked off. I am sure also once I cut my sugar again I will lose a tiny bit also. I have been having sugar in my coffe almost daily super big coffees. I really want to lose at least 20 more pounds. That would make me really happy. I would be thrilled at 30 thought. 10 looks good too. well have a nice day
Stacey