Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-10-24, 17:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default New: American Diabetes Society

https://www.youtube.com/live/OGUgQo...ikGOEYR_7rGIMWt

Dr ken berry announces the new organization called American Diabetes Society!!
This is the first notification. The original 6 low carb doctors and health professionals are joined by a couple more. We all know Dr Westmann!! Dr Bikman! Dr Tony Hampton. Temple Stewart. And more!!

The go fund me page is listed. They need money to pay for lawyers and such to get the 501c up and running, with the anticipation of ADS will become self fund ing.

Donations already topping $33,000!!!

Every donation adds up.

These doctors are donating
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-11-24, 03:43

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

An inevitable next step and I'm so glad they are taking it.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-11-24, 05:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is awesome.

I wish I could go back in time 20 years and share this with my younger self and others here, since it seemed so hopeless that we'd ever get here.

I left a comment:
Quote:
Donated!! ENOUGH. I've had it with poor diabetic nutrition advice for the entire 20 years I've been eating a carb-controlled diet.

I lost my overweight, diabetic mom to cancer. Though her cause of death was officially cancer, I can't help wondering if she would have lived longer if she received appropriate nutrition advice, not "eat bananas and bread and whatever you want and make up for it with your insulin." While terminally ill, she joked that she wanted to live to be 65 so she could start collecting her pension, but died the weekend of her 65th birthday. She didn't get to meet my husband.

How many other people need to walk down the aisle without their parents at the wedding? How many kids won't know their grandmas and grandpas? How many more people need to struggle on disability because they're blind, had amputated limbs or has to languish on renal dialysis and can no longer work?

ENOUGH.

As of this morning, they've reached their goal of over $50,000.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-11-24, 08:57

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I am so sorry about your mother, Kristine.

One of the things that motivated me to stick with low carb eating is the image of my paternal grandmother in a wheel chair, diabetic, with both legs amputated as well as having suffered several strokes. I am grateful every day to those clinicians and researchers who are brave enough to go against the status quo and advocate a way of eating that is truly transformative. It is hard to imagine that this new organization will be able to develop enough clout to effect diabetes treatment, but I can only hope that it will succeed in making inroads into current practices.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-11-24, 09:57

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good news with sponsorship and support of good people. This is something that has been required for decades, as the current distorted landscape littered with the Dietary Guidelines with content orchestrated by Pharma, Food, and Medicine conglomerates is a way to delude people into having faith in the current belief system that are the standard, "balanced" dietary recommendations. A formal organization that is fact-based, transparent, unbiased, conflict-free, and having the chance to gain credibility due to improved health results is a way to tip the scales. It will take time, but if it helps people extend their healthspans, saves lives, and reduces the incredible cost burden of the metabolic diseases so abundant today, it is well worth it.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-12-24, 09:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

My condolences about your mother, Kristine.

With the fundraising going so well, I think it shows there is increased interest in fixes as more people are noticing how messed up the situation has become.