Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-12, 07:10

Plan: Atkins/Reduced dairy
Stats: 280/200/180 Male 5'8
BF:30.4%
Progress: 80%
Default Flax crackers / pizza base

I love cheese with crackers and I have been looking around for a recipe but didn't see anything i liked. many recipes have cheese in them which is not what I wanted so I tried the following and I like it a lot.

50g of flax seed (I like to grind my own but I don't see why you can't use meal)
1/4tsp of dry herbs(whatever you like or leave it out)
Pinch salt
1 tsp olive oil(or the oil of your choice)
1 small egg

Grind the flax seed into meal and mix ingredients. You should end up with a clump like dough that you can easily handle, if too dry you can add a little egg white or oil. Roll into a ball in your hands and flatten down onto baking tray into a very thin circle. If you want to roll you can put baking sheet on top or rub oil into rolling pin, to stop it sticking.

For crackers I like to score into 8 triangles like petticoat tails sprinkle with salt or seeds or whatever you like. Cook in hot oven at about 200c or 400f for about 15mins. When cooked stand the cracker upright too cool then split into the 8 pre scored crackers.

Less than 1 net carb per cracker.

For pizza base double recipe and add 1/2 tsp baking powder. If the base is too hard only use 2 or 3 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs.
Sponsored Links