Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 13:39

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%
Question ? about king-prince-pauper

I saw the huge thread about the King-Prince-Pauper WOE a few days ago and decided to give it a shot. Today was my first day. I get the logic behind the WOE, but I could use some help/reassurance on portion sizes. Here is what I'm having/going to have today.... please let me know if that's about right, or if I need adjustments. I feel like my lunch might be a little too big...

Breakfast:
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 1/2 tomato
- 2 celery stalks w/ dijon mustard
- 4 strips of thick bacon
- 10oz cup of coffee (w/ 2tsp splenda & LC choc soy milk)

(didn't need a morning snack!)

Lunch:
- Can of Diet Squirt
- Medium/Large bowl of home made soup (zucchini, celery, beef, hot sausage, onion, diced jalapeno-flavored tomatos, chicken broth, spices)

Plan to have....

Afternoon snack: (so I'm not starving when I exercise after work)
- Small hamburger patty (love 'em cold!)

Dinner: (3 hrs or more before bed)
- 12 oz LC shake (powder mix)

...and tons of water throughout the day, of course!

Breakfast didn't absolutely STUFF me, but I was full. I could've eaten more, except it made me a little sick to my stomach. Lunch hasn't stuffed me, and I'm not really full either. I could definitely eat more. And obviously dinner won't stuff me, either.

Is that about right?

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 14:11

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

from what i understand it is pretty simple.

make breakfast the largest meal of the day. basically you are just switching your normally large dinner meal to the morning.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 03:47

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 176/138/120 Female 172
BF:
Progress: 68%

tekunoroji I think we saw the same thread!
I just started this yesterday and the first thing I can tell is that I'm not hungry from 8.30 - 2.30 when I eat lunch.
I eat about 300-350 cals for breakfast, then 250-300 for lunch, and 200-250 for dinner. I leave 100 cals for my snack 3 when I return home, but I try not to eat them.
I was thinking something about those last 100 cals yesterday. If these come from protein they won't do so much harm, since my body will continue to burn the fat.
I'm also combining this principle with somekind of carb cycling. I'm planning to eat 15-20 carbs for 3 days, then 10-15 for another 3 and 5-10 for another 3. I've read somewhere here that your body get's used to what you eat after 3 days, so this may boost my metabolsim a little bit.

Let me know how things are going!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 06:56

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

I was always able to break a stall by having a carb-up day. Sometimes I ate no-no foods to do it, and sometimes I didn't. I know a lot of people don't agree with that method, but it does sometimes work! Although it can definitely get you off the beaten path...
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 11:37

BF:

There is no "correct" method here. We do what work for us. That's what I like most on this diet.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 11:56

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Eating a huge breakfast and a small dinner was what ended my long stall! I also ended my eating day at least three hours before bedtime...drinking green tea at that point was my mind signal to the end of the eating day. You do have to try what is best for you since eating the exact same things as another person might not work for you. One thing that I do have to say is that eating the foods on occassion that made you fat just isn't the thing that should be done...on Atkins you are eliminating sugars and flours...so if you want to carb up, do so with foods that don't contain sugar and flour because it can only confuse your body in the long run. Of course, I am only sharing what I found works and you have to research and decide for yourself.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 12:44

BF:

You are correct MissScruff. That's why I said I will stay under 20 carbs and 1000 cals throught the whole process. This isn't in any case a way of cheating -I don't cheat in general -. Hope this works!