Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Question Am I supposed to feel high?

I'm on my third day and I feel high (not in a good way)-- nauseas, light-headed, tired, fuzzy, generally weird. Are these feelings normal? Do they go away? I've been drinking lots of water (3-4 quarts a day) so I don't think dehydration is the problem. (My husband says it's psychosomatic.) I've also been feeling super light-headed on my morning runs. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: None
Stats: 2875//169 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 3%

I felt really bad during the first 7 days too. I guess my body was trying to readjust to the eating pattern.

Are you taking your vitamins? eating your veggies? Those seem to have helped me a lot.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 14:47
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

It's the carb withdrawal! It's not all in your head. This will pass. You'll feel great in just a few more days.

If you still feel tired and draggy, try taking potassium or adding Nu-Salt to your food. That should help.

Don't add in potassium if you are on blood pressure medication without checking with your doctor first.

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 17:35

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%

Yup, it is carb withdrawal. During my first 3 days I had headaches and nausea all the time. It's kinda sad that a person can be addicted to sugar, and that the addiction is one that is socially acceptable. Sugar is poison to your body in the same way that drugs or alcohol are (at least in my opinon). Hang in there- take some extra strength tylenol. The worst will be over in a few days.