Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 19:14

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default I agree

I agree.............. I do better if I keep my Reward Meal at the same time each day. For me it is dinner. I try to stick to that plan, unless I have a special occasion.

Packing a Low Carb lunch gets easier as you go. Be creative, try new things. Keeping a good varity in your diet is, in my opinion, a key to staying on a Low Carb plan AND enjoying it.

Best wishes,
Libby
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 15:16

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Cool

Fyi, "The induction diet printed here is the prelude to the Atkins diet , not the Atkins diet itself, although it will probably be analyzed and reanalyzed as if it were and as if these word were never written..."

"The induction diet is a corrective diet its primary purpose is to corrct as expeditiously as possible an umblalnced metabolism."

Atkins recommends "For sugar cravings:L-glutamine 500-1000mg before meals and perhaps right at the pont in time when craving is greatest..."

Carbs are to be added a 5wk until critical level for losing is determined while keeping an eye on cravings.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 05:06
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Post update
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 05:00
Finding the Pieces

BF:

update thread
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 15:36
Finding the Pieces

BF:

update thread
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 17:42
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Update post
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 07:48

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

This should be a sticky.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have just read this thread from start to finish and must say that I am impressed with the wealth of information here. I agree with you about CALP being better for a carbohydrate addict than other low carb plans firstly because I have stuck religiously to both Bernstein and Atkins for many months on each and have managed to lose only a couple of pounds which I have quickly put back on again. I switched to CALP and lost five pounds in the first week which - for me - is quite amazing. I am severely addicted to carbs and am a type 2 diabetic. I reckon I wouldn not have become a diabetic if I had known about CALP years ago either.

At first I was very afraid of including carbohydrates into the Reward Meal as, having been on strict low carb for so long, I thought my blood glucose levels would rocket but when I finally took the plunge and had some carrots peas and a potato within my reward meal and found that my blood glucose levels actually came down, I was well and truly hooked. It has been three weeks now and the only problem I have with the diet is an intense fear to step on the scales again. I know it sounds strange but I have been disappointed for so long on the other diets that I am completely phobic about checking my weight.

I have been taking GTF Chromium every morning and this has completely eliminated any cravings I might have had and I have had absolutely nothing to eat that is remotely sweet (artificial or otherwise) since starting CALP.

I am so pleased to find somewhere where there is help and support for people on this plan. Bless you for being there.

Oh yes, thank you also for answering a question I had on another problem, earlier in the thread, I was wondering why I couldn't send or receive PM's and now I know why. I had better start posting messages more often
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 13:02
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Update post
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 20:52

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Why do you post just an update? It is silly to keep a thread alive by posting like this, besides, it sends an email to a lot of people who then go to the trouble to follow up and read it only to find it says nothing more than "Update post"

Let's just move on to a new topic shall we?

Thanks,
Libby
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 12:20
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Because peple keep asking for a description and rather that just going through the whole thing over and over, I update the post.

Also people who are interested in the program can easily find some information.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 11:32

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

Thanks Zule: the info is always good to reveiw.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 20:54

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Thanks Zule, I've bought the CAD book and am reading through it. I have a couple of questions which I'd really appeciate some help with.
Where does broccolli fit into the scheme of things, I thought it would be the same as cauliflower, but it's not on the CM vege list. I haven't been able to find a CALP book here. I understand its for people over 35. How does it differ from CAD, will CAD still work OK for me at 47. Thanks a lot.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 03:44
Finding the Pieces

BF:

CAD will still work for you. You need to strive for balance in the reward meal anyway which is briefly mentioned in CAD but emphasized in CALP. Broccoli can cause cravings in CAs that's why it's not on the CAD list. The CALP list has it listed but with a warning.

Given the balance, the main difference between CAD and CALP is the salad before your RM. CALP also explains the triggers that can stall you and/or cause cravings such as MSG, AS, medications. CAD is the diet, CALP is the fine tuning of it.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 04:17

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Thanks that helps a lot. I'll look out for the CALP book, but carry on with CAD for now. Yes broccolli (and red peppers) can and did. That's why I got serious cravings after lunch today. Tried to get rid of them by having more brocolli with some cottage cheese. Just as well I had to go to work.