Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs down Awful weekend..What to do?

Today would have been 5 weeks going strong! But this weekend I binged! I feel awful. I was kind of discouraged because I lost about 4-6 lbs. right away nd had not lost a thing since induction although I had not added carbs. Now I'm wondering how long it'll take to get back into the weight loss. I have heard (correct me if I am wrong) that everytime you go on and off a diet it gets harder to lose!!! I am crrently at ~ 198, I started at 202.5. My sister's wedding is in July and we went to try on dresses on Saturday. What an awful experience!!

Any words of encouragement would help..Thanks

Rosi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up

Get right back on induction. Dont feel like giving up when you are on a stall. Look at your menu and see what you can change. I was on a stall for about 1-2 weeks and I got the same feeling of dicouragement. I noticed I was eating just meats. I changed that and started eating more fish and chicken. Then BAM!! I lost 4 pounds this week. So dont get discourage just do some searching and see if anything could be changed. Think of it like I could be gaining this week instead of staying the same.

Dont get upset with yourself about this weekend. Just learn and get back on it. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep us informed. Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:09

Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Weekend

I agree with the happy one!!

I have had a weekend like that...went to my Moms and did okay the first 2 days..and then fell totally off the wagon the last nite..

We went to Chinese and I just went wild...the next day I was right back in the saddle..and have been there ever since..and so will you! We all have our moments, that is what makes us human my dear...just pick up and keep on moving..you will do it..

Take care..
Laura
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:13

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: Awful weekend..What to do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosinar
I have heard (correct me if I am wrong) that everytime you go on and off a diet it gets harder to lose!!!

Yo yo dieting is bad for your metobolism. However one binge does not constitute going off the diet to your system if you return to the good eating habits you are developing on this WOL.

Yo yo dieting is where you lose weight, then put it back on, then go on yet another diet to take it off over and over again. This back and forth weight loss/weight gain is what screws your system up.

Take a deep breath, relax, and get back on the wagon
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%

I agree with agonycat. This is a WOL remember. In our normal lives, we have ups and downs. Don't take it as you stopped dieting because you didn't! Just get back into the routine and you will be fine.

Gilta
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 10:03
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Oops

Mistakes happen. Forgive yourself and get right back on the so called horse!

This happens to everyone, what matters is what you do next. Sounds like you should "not pass go" and return "induction".

Cheer up, it is a new day and new beginning. Betcha if you stay on induction for 2 weeks you will be lower in weight then you are today!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 10:08
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Thanks, I am definitely back on the wagon! I am starting classes tonight so I will be using the gym at the university. Hopefully that will jump-start my weight loss. Both my sister and mother have had awesome results on this WOL so I am motivated. I think that I'm going to start keeping a journal of my foods so I can make any necessary changes. More water wouldn't hurt either. Thanks for the encouragement.

Rosi
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:29

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

Good for you, Rosi! So many of us (myself included) beat ourselves up so badly over mistakes! But everybody makes them, bottom line. The key thing is what you do afterwards....do you throw your hands up in the air and give up, or pick yourself up and move on! Looks like you have made the good choice! Way to go!
Tama
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:01
Registered Member

BF:
Angry I had good intentions

I took all of the good advice and I went back on strict induction yesterday after my fall off the wagon this weekend. I even started going to the gym last night. It felt good, but I have to admit I was really tired. Sometime after falling asleep on the couch I woke up and had a bowl of cereal. UUUggghhh!!!I feel like my addiction to the sugar is back full force & it is harder to give it up now than when I first started beck in December. My intentions were good, but I almost feel like I did it in my sleep. One good thing is that the scale is at 196, but I'm so afraid that I can't get back on. Rosi
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:05

BF:
Default cereal

Hi there..

You sound just like me...

I was up at 3 am and had a bowl of miniwheats..I dont know what came over me..I havent been feeling well lately..and I just ate them..I feel a bit better this morning, but my stomach
just has been upset lately...

We will get back to it..keep the faith..

Laura
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:08
TerrieP

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Addictions

This is a true addiction . . . just forget about it, learn from your mistake and move forward.

Remember one step at a time.

I like to repeat this quote in my head (especially in those rough social situations.)

"I am in charge for what goes into my body!"

Don't be hard on yourself . . . be positive and move forward.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:13

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Check your cupboards...

If having cereal in the house is the cause of overwhelming temptation for you right now, maybe you should delete it from your cupboard. At least until you feel more confident that you're back on plan. And experiment with some alternative snacks that might deliver the satisfaction that you crave. I always ate cereal as a snack and/or comfort food. I know how hard it can be to break the habit. But you can and will. It just takes a little time.

Good luck to you!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:20

BF:
Default Addiction

I dont really think it was an addiction for me really..I think it was just a matter of I was feeling realllllllllllllllllllly crappy. I am wondering if my ulcer is coming back..and I just need something.

Its not like I ate that and just kept on going...I ate 1/2 cup of it..and quit..which was good..

laura..
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:36
TerrieP

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Good

At least you recognized it and stopped!

For me, and many here, one piece of bread, pasta, etc, sets us up for a binge big time. (One of the reasons I can't do CAD, that reward meal is a killer.)

WAY TO GO!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default That's me!!!

My binge this weekend has made me vulnerable to keep on going. That one piece of??? (I can't even remember what it was) just started something awful. I feel in control today. I bought some of those Ketostix today so I can see how long it will take me to get back into Ketosis. No change...obviously! As far as the cupboards go...cereal is the least of my worries. I have so many snacks in the house for the kids school lunches, but they don't seem to get to me. Actually, nothing was tempting me until I got started! I am back on and I will not cheat! Sounds good!

Rosi