Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Last Day of Induction

Hello Group!

Today is my last day of Induction and the 2 weeks have flown by. I'm really enjoying this WOE and the support I have found here from this group. I've picked up so much information here, not to mention some truly yummy recipes.

I'm down 7 lbs and I haven't been tempted to stray from plan at all. I spent the day yesterday preparing for the coming week, which really helps me out a great deal.

Stopped at Wendy's yesterday while running around shopping and followed advice I found here. Ordered the triple cheeseburger (no ketchup) ditched the bun and added a s

mall ceasar salad (skipped the dressing due to some sugar) from the .99 menu. A wonderful lunch on the run and I'm able to eat out with friends without guilt!

The other good news is that my doctor called yesterday and my cholesterol had dropped 26 points since I was last checked. I had blood drawn one week into Induction. I take this as a good sign of things to come!

I plan to stay on Induction with only a little extra salad greens for the immediate future. But it feels good to have hit the 2 week mark, and I rejoice in the fact that I'm losing weight and I'm in control again.

I wonder how much more weight I would have gained in those two weeks had I not started this program??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 11:15

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Congratulations!

That's awesome. Since I am on day 2, it nice to hear someone shouting from the other side of the tunnel! Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 11:21

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: Last Day of Induction

Quote:
Originally posted by DWRolfe

I wonder how much more weight I would have gained in those two weeks had I not started this program??

I ask myself that all the time when I see newbies come in frustrated about only having lost 5 pounds or so. I almost feel like asking them "how much would you have gained if you hadn't started the diet" but feel that would be rude so I hold my typing
Or those that have been on the diet for a few weeks and stop losing and ready to give up.

I know I gained 6 pounds a year for 10 years.

This is the first year I stopped that upward scale movement and forced it on a downward trend.

I am thrilled you are finding the diet so easy to stick with and your progress so far! Keep up the great work and if there is anything we can do for you just yell out

Congrats so far!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 16:42

Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi DWRolfe, I haven't seen you post in a while, I thought maybe you gave up. glad to see you'rer still here. I just finished my 2week induction also. I did not cheat 1 time! I think thats a first for me.

Keep up the good work,

Cimart
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:31

BF:
Default thanks!

Hey cimart! Thanks for the well wishes and congratulations to you too for completing a flawless Induction!

Though I may not post every day, I'm always lurking! I really find strength in reading what others have to report. And the Moderators do an excellent job of providing information.

Keep up the good work! Doesn't it feel great?!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 11:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

You've discovered in two weeks what it takes some people forever - and sometimes never - to figure out.

Congratulations on your great new mindset! You'll go far with it!

Don't just lurk. You probably have some great advice to give to other Newbies!

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 15:22
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Hey well done, DW!
I have to admit to a touch of envy, being well and truly stalled myself but like you I keep reminding myself I would be gaining if it were not for this WOE. I gained about 5 kilos (11lbs!) just in December!
Good luck with further inspiring losses and keep posting to let us know about it.

Rosebud
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 20:09

Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%
Smile

I know you posted about a week ago, but I am new and I saw your post today. I just wanted to say GREAT job! It must have been great to be so in control going out with your friends, and with your life again! Also that is wonderful news from your doctor. Thanks for the motivation!

Jess
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:42

BF:
Default Thanks!

Thanks Crazy! I'm down 10.5 pounds now and I'm so happy. I know this is only a drop in the bucket (the fat bucket) of what I need to lose, but I'm gtiving this WOE my complete attention and it's exciting. Saw my parents for dinner a few nights ago, and had no trouble ordering at the restaurant. Maybe it's power I feel I have over food that's causing me to be so happy, or maybe it's the 10.5 pounds. Whatever it is, I suddenly find myself feeling hopeful, when just a month ago I told some close friends that I was a rock bottom and felt completely hopeless.

Thanks again for your good wishes and good luck to you too!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Congrats!

HI DW,

I am glad to see you are doing so well..and I agree with what you said..I feel like I finally have CONTROL over my eating..and my choices..and I know this time I am doing this not for just a short term DIET, but this is for life..I know I will never be able to go back to the way I used to eat..this has to be a WOE for me from now on...

You are doing great...keep it up!

Laura
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:34

Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%
Smile

I know I am so excited about this WOE too! I feel like I have found a way "out"! I mean I, we, can eat food, and good foods too, and start to feel good about ourselves too! I'm not hungry and that is so wonderful. I love trying to find new recipes, cooking new foods.

Feeling hopeful again too,
Jess