Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 18:13

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Talking Turtle Soup

Yep....that's right....

If we TURTLES are going to be successful...maybe we need to all learn about making TURTLE SOUP. It could very well be our key to a dynamic future!

After all, they say "we are what we eat..."

The idea is based on..."Stone Soup".....for those who don't know about it, it's a story about someone who needed food, but nobody wanted to bring any to help out a poor soul...so he got an idea and put a stone in a large pot of water, made a big deal about it...everyone started bringing a little bit of this .... and a little bit of that.... and it finally became a huge stew brimming with food for everyone..........etc...etc.....

This part of our forum has actually become our "stone soup"....only we started it with turtle shells.....frustratingly nothing in our own little worlds....yet together we become one huge...gigantic....force to reckon with...and can help each other...support each other....and even become SUCCESSFUL!

I have my very own turtle shell....and here it goes into the pot....PLUNK....this is a mere shell of what my metabolism has become in its bewildering stagnancy......anyone else want to join me?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 20:20

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Unhappy Recall

Okay...forget about it. I guess it was a stupid idea anyway.

I was only trying to lighten up and bring this part of the forum to life.... it certainly looks like we're turtles in more than one aspect of our lives......
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 06:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi!
I think it is a great idea!!

Sorry I just saw your post. I'm not shure what to put in the soup but I know I could sure use some help in getting my metabolism up and start going down in the pounds department.

Have a great day!!