Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%
Question Anyone do the Warrior Diet?

I do it very succesful for a year now.

100 kg BF 30% apr 03

88 kg BF 18% mar 04

I use a self-modified, low-carb version. Only two rules:
- Generally overeating in the evening
- Generally no bread, potatoes, pasta or rice

Outrageous happyness for everyone who loves a culinar and healthy way of live Daily!

Any experiences out there?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 13:11
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

Tried to find some information about Warrior Diet 6 months ago - found nothing!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 01:50
Registered Member

Cool

Well, these are some important links:

http://www.dragondoor.com/hofmekler_interview.html
(short interview)

http://t-mag.com/html/body_64war.html
(extensive interview part 1)

http://t-mag.com/html/body_67bts.html
(extensive interview part 2)

( www.warriordiet.com is the homepage )

My diet is actually no diet but a life-style. You will hear that also very often from atkinsers etc. It is true. A real feast every night, and getting a muscular and lean body at the same time.

What to do: Use some weight training to gain muscle (HIT, one hour a week) and do some cardio (I do cycling twice a week). The rest is just eating!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 01:59
Registered Member

BTW I didn't even buy or read his book...

Due to cash problems I'm afraid. But I will do buy his books as soon as possible.

There is enough info in the net to compose your own warrior diet. Maybe somewhat difficult to find, but it is there.

ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT:
If you give it a try, START AT NIGHT with OVEREATING. That will convince you to be able to do this. The next day you will be glad you don't have to eat, except voor a couple of eggs, nuts or some lean meat.
Then the next day at 18.00: from this time on treat yourself with the greatest diner you can afford. Especially treat yourself with a luxurious dessert, icecream, cheese, chocolat or what ever. Do this for the next days and you will see you gradually will start to a comfortable level of undereating and overeating. For ever you will be happy with party's, barbeques, dinners etc. etc. You will eat the most and stunn the rest by assuring them it's simply your diet!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 06:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%

Watcher16, do you really lose weight doing this????? Or is it just a matter of a few pounds??? I am talking real weight like a hundred pounds, not just ten and getting lean.

Charlie Girl
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:35
Registered Member

Question

Hello Charley Girl,

I lost 14 kg (31 lbs) of FAT, and Iīm still going.

Although far from ideal, my figure is now reasonably.
I was very ugly fat, couldnīt fix my shoestrings anymore. Etc.
In the sauna I was psychologically armed to the teeth to ignore any thought like what others would think of me. Now I am getting more confident, may end up even with a six-pack jan 05!

Is this working? It is unbelievable.

This doesnīt mean it is easy though, I know rational 100% sure the system works. But still I seem emotional sometimes in doubt. It takes time, and one wants to see results overnight . So I keep watching how I go and want to be confirmed by my wife etc.

What made you ask this question, do you see any strange aspects on ground of what you would expect this not to work?

Last edited by watcher16 : Thu, Apr-15-04 at 09:41.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 14:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%

No I want to try it - it kind of reminds me of I think CAD. I have started on day one on it though I am not weight lifter just a walker .

Sounds good, I'll let you know if it works for me - I am making it more of an anti sugar deal (more atkins with whole grain carbs).

Basically looking for something because Atkins hurts my stomach all the time .

Charlie Girl
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 14:54
Registered Member

Well good luck Charleez,

Take care not to go to fast. I see your target is less than half what you weigh now. I you go to fast you will have an enourmous amount of hanging skin. So keep it at 1 lbs per week average. If you do some strenght training you will do yourself a great favour!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 18:54

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well, I found this absolutely fascinating. I have to read more about this - thanks for sharing it. I never heard of this one before - heck, even the name sounds neat!

I read that whole first link and have to say it makes sense by the time you get to the end of it. VEERRRRRYYY interesting indeed - I think I may have to try this!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 13:55

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

Ok,

Im intrigues also,, tell me,,,,whay foods do you eat at night,, is it meat and veggies, or pizza and wings, see where im going here.

Also, cream for coffee. I have to have it, can i have it in the morning or no.

What do you or would I eat throughout the day, what types of fruit,,spell it right out for me in text,

I want to lose 50 lbs, ,, I dont excercise at all. weight training is out, no way I will stay with it, I will start some floor excercises and walking,
will this work for me.

let me know.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 22:40
Registered Member

My Daily Routine Warrior Diet:

Undereating phase

Workday:
* 06:00-08:00 2 or 3 large cups of normal coffee with coffeemilk, 2 or 3 large glasses of luke-warm water (...)
* 9:30 2 boiled eggs (If hard I would take mayo with it)
* 13:00 Yoghurt (full fat with cream and fruit) dessert (When 'hungry' I would buy for instance 100g of lean meat in the supermarket).
* 16:00 1 apple (when having eaten nog enough the night before also 45g Paprikachips snack)

I drink a lot of coffee with coffeemilk (keeps the appetite away and burns calories), 1 liter water.

Weekendday:
* 07:00-09:00 3 or 4 large cups of normal coffee with coffeecream, 2 or 3 large glasses of luke-warm water
* 11:00 2 medium boiled eggs
* 13:00 Half a can of vegetables (carrots&peas) with a full spoon mayonaise, sambal(hot spice from peppers).
* 15:00 2 breadsize thick slices of normal cheese.
* 17:00 some nuts of our nut-mix until I'm full.

Overeating phase

(Workday or Weekendday)

When sportive activity:
* Eat some cheese, meat or nuts before.

* Eat my normal dinnertime stuff (see below) later at night.

When having social activity, party etc. with food available:
* Eat some cheese, meat or nuts before.

* Eat as much as I can from the meat, vegetable, fish, egg etc. foodtypes (and happily state 'That is my diet folks, I'll eat anything you'll leave behind!',I really do this!)

* When at home I take my before sleeping meal (see below).

Normal day:
* Eat normal family dinner, generally (so not always!) without potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, and with double vegetables (2 kinds). Eat nut-mix untill safisfied with food. Take espresso with bonbon. Then sometimes with ice and cream, a royal dessertsize (eat until you are satisfied!)

* Eat during watching a DVD some paprikachips or take coffee with a large nice cookie (1 or 2 a week, eat 'intuitively' )

* Eat an hour before sleeping a 2nd meal, consisting of leftovers in the fridge: Mostly vegetables, sometimes beans, meat (add mayo and sambal and herbs). When nothing available I cook from the freezer: a complete meal or meat with deepfrozen vegetables. I eat so much I'm glad the next morning I don't have to eat breakfast.

Does this really work?

YES!!
I started to have some strange deep V's in my calves some time ago. At first I though I had an terrible illnes, atrophy, or so.
Then I realised this had to be the 'definition' I had read about. And Yes! that started to show a couple of weeks ago in my upper legs. And last weekend in my underarms also. So I am confident I will reach my goal for jan 05: some six-pack clearly visible...

It takes time though! And if you exercise don't forget bodycomposition is very very different from weight! Building muscle will make you heavier. The mirror and waistmeasurement will tell you what really happens. And the way the other gender will start looking at you ...

Succes!

Last edited by watcher16 : Fri, Apr-23-04 at 23:14.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 00:40
Registered Member

Plan: reduced carb
Stats: 133/96/96 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:

Wow! I swear this is the first time I hear about this diet but I HAVE BEEN doing just so for several years!!! I attribute my "strong underweight" to this pattern of eating. Here's my typical day (I am vegetarian):

6:30am-----a greenish medium banana, coffee, lots water
10:00am---- 1 oz nuts
12:00------- couple of crackers and a little more nuts, coffee
2:00pm------ another small piece of fruits
7:00pm------ large portion of cooked veggies
8:00pm------- sunflower seeds, a protein bar
10:00pm------ peanut butter (natural) until I am full

This diet makes my life soooo roomy because I don't have to eat/digest/napping etc. etc. during the day!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 23:37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty
Wow! I swear this is the first time I hear about this diet but I HAVE BEEN doing just so for several years!!! I attribute my "strong underweight" to this pattern of eating. Here's my typical day (I am vegetarian):......This diet makes my life soooo roomy because I don't have to eat/digest/napping etc. etc. during the day!

Congratiulations with your diet and your happiness with it!

So your problem is not fat then? It seems you get in a low amount of calories?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:20
Registered Member

Plan: reduced carb
Stats: 133/96/96 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:

Hey, watcher

My calorie intake is about 1400/day, but I am a small-boned 5"3 Asian female so the demand isn't very high. I WAS chubby though, 135LB is a chunk on a tiny frame . I am into kick-boxing and running, so keeping lean really helps the performance. Please also notice when I say sunflower seeds and PB, I mean a significant amount

GO warrior Go!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 23:11
Registered Member

Hello Nutty,

I have seen your approach more the once with martial arts experts, so it can't be wrong!

Thanks for your input!