Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 05:27
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Carbsense- 0
Flax - 1?
Egg -1 ?

I have no idea as to the calories.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 08:36
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
Ok I have not read all the posts but I want to say thanks for this bowl muffin invention. I had purchased Carbquik but then never used it so I'm grateful to have finally found its purpose. I made the egg and bacon muffin this morning and while the bacon was a bit undercooked it was still tasty. Perhaps next time I will use ham.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to the sweet variety with some frozen blueberries. Thanks again for posting.

Oh good! glad you enjoyed it! I cooked the bacon before I put it in the muffin. I usually cook a whole thing of it up ahead of time then stick it in the fridge or freezer and get what I need!

I'm back to bowl muffins again for myself. I'm on a 2 week diet break from my very strict diet to a higher calorie low-carb diet. So I packed BM (bowl muffin *giggle*) ingredients and took it to work. I assemble it here in a paper bowl and microwave it! Instant yum!
  #168   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 08:39
empress of fashion

BF:

I made the fruit bowl muffin, Sunday, using frozen blueberries. Couldn't help but spread a little cream cheese on top. Very good!
  #169   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 12:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179/158/148 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 68%

do these stall anyone/????
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 07:14

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 144/137/130 Female 5'7"
BF:

It hasn't caused me to stall or gain. I use the pancake type recipe. hth's

Kelly
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 08:42
Experimenter

BF:

I found my stalls were directly related to calorie intake, so if you're careful, they shouldn't stall you. However, I can't guarantee that if you eat many every day they won't cause a problem. They have around 250 calories if you use 1 egg and 1/3 cup of CQ. Using nut flours will raise the calorie count by a lot. And flax has around 30 calories per Tblspoon.
  #172   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 08:34

Plan: high fat atkins
Stats: 250/184/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I'm very excited about this. I just found this thread today. I'm going to get some carbquick today!
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 09:27
Experimenter

BF:

I have a new (to me) variation! I wanted lemon but I don't have any lemon SF syrup. So I mixed in lemon juice and enough liquid splenda to make it plenty sweet, along with my egg. Its WONDERFUL! If I had had lemon zest, I would have thrown it in too. Can't have too much lemon, now can you?
  #174   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 23:27

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Don't know if anyone's done this one already, but tonight I made a strawberrry shortcake bowl muffin:

I sliced 4 large strawberries, layed them on the bottom of my bowl and sprinkled them w/ splenda.\
(They were frozen strawberries, so I defrosted them first and kept their "juice" in the bowl.)
Then I mixed 1/4 cup Carbquik with 1/4 cup of French Vanilla Davinci syrup and poured this over the strawberries.
Microwave for 2 minutes.

I didnt have any whipped cream, but I did have sour cream (which I looooove on top of fresh strawberries!) I mixtured a little sour cream w/ a splash of the french vanilla davinci and drizzled it over the shortcake.

It was great! The muffin part really soaked up the strawberry juice so it was really moist and decadent! It tasted exactly like real strawberry shortcake. You guys gotta try it!
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 02:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Aw shucks, IslandGirl! I am so glad you're having fun with them! ...
I see you're a fanatic for lemon like I am!
Maybe I should order more Sweetzfree before Splenda leans on them. Although, I must say it is a little too concentrated for my preferences.

I just MAY treat myself to a Lime version one of these days....can't have too much Lemon OR Lime...

Hey, Nancy, with the SweetzFree (assuming you can still get it or even if you have it on your shelf still), add filtered water in precisely the same volume as you have SweetzFree, i.e., if you have a 1 FL. OZ. container, add 1 FL. OZ./2 Tablespoons of filtered water -- you'll need a new container tho -- now you can use a double measure instead of "drops"... e.g., where 1/16th Tsp was called for, you can use 1/8th of a teaspoon or "double". If it's still too awkward, do an increase by another double and you can use the tripling method (I'd mark this on tape on the side of the container though).

No need to be irritated everytime you use something, now is there?
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 09:32
Experimenter

BF:

I've been thinking of doing that. I've used probably about half my bottle now, I could carefully weigh it in grams and double the water. But I really hate that bottle it came in the little dropper thing doesn't work well. It doesn't close completely and opening it is very hard. It needs some WD40 on the hinge. Perhaps I can find a new bottle for it. Maybe a pharmacy would have something.
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 09:54
empress of fashion

BF:

This morning I made the muffin with 2 eggs, some leftover meatballs chopped up, mozzarella cheese and then topped it with a little onion and chive flavored cream cheese. Tasty!
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 10:55
Experimenter

BF:

Wow! That sounds really good. I bet one could make a pizza muffin bowl, which sounds a bit like what you did!
  #179   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 14:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just a note for those who have a "cash & carry" aka United Grocers nearby...they sell a HUGE variety of SF syrups (like 3 different brands and they are all $3.40 - 3.89 per bottle (yep, the big ones ). Everything from SF B-52 to English toffee and Tiramisu (although the tiramisu seems to come and go)
  #180   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 15:05
empress of fashion

BF:

What??? Where do you live, Zajack? I'm in Iowa (obviously), never heard of United Grocers.