Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-09, 17:08
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default CALP: Good for losing or just maintaining?

I'm wondering if CALP is really effective for losing weight? Might it be better for maintaining once I'm where I want to be?

If you've lost a fair amount of weight, how long did it take you on CALP? I guess I might be stalling about committing to this, but I am curious if it's truly an effective WOE!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-09, 19:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
feel free to look at some of the posts and explore. I lost all my weight on this- and have maintained for 5 years.
E
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-24-09, 12:45

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

ccotta,

I was too busy to respond to your post when it was posted but if you are still hanging around, I will tell you my story.

I am still in the process of losing weight and every pound and inch I have lost so far, has been by following CALP.

I have discovered that I enjoy following the program and I am very satisfied. I never feel hungry, enjoy my food choices, and get to include anything I want in a single day, as long as I stay within the guidelines.

I am a believer that every diet works. It is much easier to remain on plan when you find one that is easy to follow. I love CALP because I get to eat real food just like everyone else.

I have found CALP to be a slow process. Since I do not feel deprived, I am getting to my goal of fit and healthy, one day at a time.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-09, 10:36
Registered Member

BF:

thanks enomarb and hoppinn for your replies. i feel this is a very doable plan for me, and i am glad to have found that you can lose all your weight on this one. i am on a long vacation and had given up for the past couple weeks but feel i can do this even on vacation, so i need to stop stallin' and start now! thanks again.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-09, 13:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
hope you get started. I do this even on vacation (lol) but it would be a hard place for me to start.
do you have any of the books?
E
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 06:19
Registered Member

BF:

Yes, I have the CALP book, but I forgot to bring it with me! I will do my best, and really get it into gear when I get home.