Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 05:09
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 202.4/164.6/120 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default This is really working!

I think it's time for me to jump in and say thank you! I have been lurking for a month and a half, but I couldn't bring myself to become too much a part of this if this WOE was going to fall by the wayside like every way has. It just occurred to me today that I've lost almost 22 lbs. in less than 7 weeks! It's real weight - not just water weight! I just need to say thank you for the support that already has been shown here, on this whole board but especially for CALP. After a rough adjustment time, I feel normal and not deprived. My husband is happy for me that I have found something I can stick with and not be irritable all the time. Charting myself daily for this long has shown me already not to expect to lose around my TOM, to be patient, and if I gain some then that it will come off again if I remain faithful to the plan. I've tried so many things; at age 43, I was afraid to hope that I could find something that was liveable. Finally last night, someone at church commented that I was losing weight - someone who didn't know what I was doing! I could go on, but thank you so far - I thank God for each one of you who has helped me along the way so far, be it with questions I have or with answers I need. I just can't believe it, but it's time to start looking towards the future instead of being afraid it will never really happen! This forum is great!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 08:09

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

CKMom,

It is so nice to hear from you! I share your enthusiasm for this program because it does work for those of us that are addicted to carbohydrates.

You are doing a wonderful job and I hope you continue to feel confident in yourself.

Please join us in the Hour Power thread and allow us to get to know you better.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 13:42
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I can really relate- I never even thought about finding this place until a few months had gone by- and when I first started CALP and started losing so fast and feeling so good I couln't believe it either. Soon is my 5 year "planiversary"- and I believe it now!
Welcome and please post a lot- it really helps! And helping others is nice, too! Please tell us about yourself- come on in!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 16:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

CKMom, look at you go! You're doing great! I'm so glad you joined us. I'm very new and have a lot to learn from the seasoned vets. I'm following CAD but am hoping to get my CALP book soon.

It's nice when people start noticing your weight loss isn't it? Keep at it and you will reach your goal -- this plan is working very well for you! Congratulations!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 18:51
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 202.4/164.6/120 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thank you for all the encouragement! I still have a hard time believing this may actually work; but my body really seems to be responding to this. The cravings are pretty much gone, except when hormones are doing their thing! Summer sometimes can be hard with the unpredictable schedule, family get-togethers, and just plain busyness; I plan to be checking here often to keep me focused and on target. I know that as I get older the 'slippery slope' has gotten steeper, and I have seen myself get discouraged and eat to make myself feel better. My teenagers are really watching me now, so I would like them to see Mom set an important, long-term goal of health, and see me work at reaching it! I am cheering on each one of you here. Thanks for making this doable!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 20:37

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

CKMom - just wanted to say congratulations, and I look forward to getting to know you better.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

i just started BUT i hope i do as well as YOU! Congrats!