Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 21:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/232/180
BF:
Progress: 35%
Smile Another new member introduction

Greetings everyone! Another new member here, making an introduction.

Whew! Information overload. I discovered this site yesterday, and I've been trying to absorb all the great information since.

I'd like to thank the owner/originator for making this wonderful resource.

About a year and a half ago, at about 230lbs I went on Atkins and everything was peachy. (er, make that low-carb peachy ). I got down to about 205, felt great, and fell into the trap of thinking that I could go back to my old way of eating. Oh, I started with 'healthy carbs' - whole grain bread, veggies, etc... but that quickly escalated to white bread, chips, candy, etc. etc. So, the weight came back (with friends!).

With this kind of forum, which I didn't know about before, I hope I can change my ways of thinking, and make this a life-long thing.

Well, that's it for tonight, I hope to be a somewhat regular presence here (long-time lurker habits).

Brett.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 21:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome, Brett. Many of us here have learned the same lesson -- you're in good company.

There is a lot of information on the site, and lots of support, too. I hope you've found the Journals section. Reading other Journals is a great way to get ideas, and starting one of your own will help keep you focused.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 21:57

Stats: 188.5/182/168
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome !!!

I have only been here a few days and already have received so much great info and support.

I think we have all been though the quiting and gaining the lost weight back, I know I have. This is the last time I am going to do it. I have been fighting with my weight my whole life and am not going to do it anymore. I also just started a journal (if you find the board titled journals you can post one of your own with your daily menu's etc) this way everyone can help you out easier.

Take care
Tawnya
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 08:40

Stats: 260/232/180
BF:
Progress: 35%
Cool Thanks for the welcomes!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I am definately going to do a journal, when I can make some time... Trying not to spend too much time here from work... one of my other bad habits

Brett.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 14:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

welcome here Brett, U will find great info and support here. I have seen lots of posts from people who "did" low-carb but wentback to their old eating habits....the nice thing is...now U know just how good low-carbing can make U feel!!! good luck to U and I will look for your journal.