Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/167/135 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

Sounds tasty. I"ll try it later tonight.
One question, though: what is quark?
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 22:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/178.6/150 Female 63"
BF:47.5%/37.8%/27%
Progress: 54%

I too am running to the kitchen to try this..back after it is consumed...this may make or break my night as I am really needing a treat!
ANita treat
  #378   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: phase 1
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

Well, I Tried It For The First Time. My Family Liked It, But Mine Turned Out Like Sweet Scrambled Eggs. I Don,t Know What I Did Wrong. I Think Next Time I Might Try A Larger Bowl. I Did Mine In A Big Coffee Mug. When I Microwaved It For Three Minutes On Low It Didn't Get Done. I Know Its Got To Be Yummy, Everyone Says It Is.
  #379   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 17:45

Plan: none
Stats: 148/148/148 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

This mock danish stuff is great. I read that it comes out like bread. That's what i got too. Hmm.

Anyone ever try to make it more crispy, like a real danish?
  #380   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-05, 13:35

Stats: 260/240/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi! I just tried this out this morning and really liked it! Yum!

I didn't have any lemon concentrate so left that out, but it still came out good. I know I will make this again and again.

I ate it as is; I didn't put anything on after cooking it, but butter and/or cinnamon would be nice, I think.

Thanks!! This will help me in a bind!
  #381   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 15:25
Registered Member

Stats: 205/185/145 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Oh yum. I made this for breakfast. John saw the recipe and decided to opt out (at first. ha!) They are wonderful! and you can improvise as much as you like.

• Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
    1 egg
    1 tblspn splenda
    1 tsp lemon concentrate
    1/2 tsp vanilla

mix softened cream cheese and egg. Add remaining ingredients. microwave on high for 2 minutes.

I added some 50 fifty jam in the centre before nuking... delicious.

* it tastes better if you don't totally mix the egg and cream cheese; you get little pockets of crm cheese.

Nat

Wow. I just made some tonight sans the lemon and wow. Definitly a treat I will be eating from now on! Thanks!
  #382   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 155/132/132 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Mock danish (in bulk)?

Hey everyone,
Like everyone else, I love the mock danish idea and have been eating them pretty much every day, sometimes more than once a day. The problem I have is that I'm going to be going to college in about a week and am not going to have as much time to cook and stuff. Usually now when I make the mock danish I just make one and then leave it in the bowl (it kind of sticks to the sides), refrigerate it for a little bit, and then eat it cold. I was wondering if anyone makes lots of them at a time (like on the weekend or something) and then refrigerates them so that you can have one whenever you want so you don't have to cook them every day? And if so, how do you get them out of the bowl (pam spray?) and how do you "store" them? Thanks everyone for the help and advice.

Laurie
  #383   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 15:23
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I recently found a new way of eating these, that's a tad sweet but sooo good. I mix in unsweetened carob chips and unsweetened coconut. A little higher carb, but not nearly as much as would be in a regular version of that kind of treat. Kind of like a mounds bar.
  #384   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 07:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Smile How Many Grams Of Carbs?

LadyBelle,
HOW MANY GRAMS OF CARBS ARE IN YOUR NEW VERSION OF THE MOCK DANISH? HAVE YOU FIGURED IT OUT? IT SOUNDS SUPER. I'LL HAVE TO TRY THIS AGAIN. THE FIRST TIME I TRIED THIS RECIPE FOR MOCK DANISH IT TURNED OUT LIKE SWEET SCRAMBLED EGGS. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS.
SUPER JOB ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.
  #385   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 17:08
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I have no clue on the carb count, mainly because I don't measure. I just grab and throw things together. I can't check the packages either since I bought from bulk.

For a really good unsweetened coconut www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com sells an unsweetened dried coconut that tastes just like candy due to thier drying process.

Laurie777 - I see no reason why you couldn't make individual mock danishes and keep them in the fridge. Just wrap them tightly in saran wrap so they don't absorb flavours of the fridge. You might also look into recipes that can be baked in muffin tins and then stored for fast snacking through the week, such as egg cups or LC muffins

What I found really helped me in college was to do prep work on the weekends, then just have to toss things together during the week. I would chop all my veggies (this does make them brown faster however) and I would measure out meats and things into single servings, even precooking some. It really helped when running out the door. Also keeping a plate of fast snacks and finger food in teh fridge for when studying or in a hurry can help to stay on plan. Deviled eggs, bacon wrapped scallops, lunch meat rolls with cream cheese, stuffed celery sticks and so on. It is so much easier to eat well while at school when there is convience foods on hand.
  #386   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 20:04
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165.5/155.5/127 Female 66.5 inches
BF:MINI GOAL - 137
Progress: 26%

This tasted really eggy Did I do something wrong? Tasted like eggs with cinnamon in them - strange. I am going to try a savory one tomorrow with parmesean and basil because it was easy.

I was looking forward to a sweet danish so if anyone knows how I can make it less eggy tasting, let me know.
  #387   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 05:37
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

athensmom, i'm with you. mine tasted really eggy also. i guess i better keep trying.
  #388   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 13:37
Registered Member

Stats: 138/132/120 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Carb count?

I'm sorry. I am confused...is it 4 carbs or 7 carbs per danish?
  #389   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 17:51
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

Quote:
I'm sorry. I am confused...is it 4 carbs or 7 carbs per danish?

Completely depends on ingredients used.

I had an issue with the eggy taste as well. What I did to solve this was use just one egg, but really up the rest of the ingredients, like using 4-6 oz cream cheese. It makes more then one serving, but after being in the fridge a while it kind of set up like a cheesecake
  #390   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 16:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

LadyBelle,
DID YOU LOSE THE 47 LBS. JUST ON ATKINS? GOOD JOB. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU? HOW MANY CARBS DID YOU DO A DAY?
I NEED ALL YOUR HELPFUL HINTS. ANY ADVICE PLEASE SHARE.
CONGRADULATIONS.