Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 23:55

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

Ive been here on and off for quite a few years after many lose/gain back cycles. Hope this one sticks lol
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 20:21

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I just came back. I got ridiculously sick and stressed last Summer/Fall with a bad job and a mystery illness. I gained about 5 pounds a week for awhile. I finally figured out what was going on, I think - diverticulitis. It's been since February that I fixed it by changing my diet and now I am finally a little bit back to normal. The whole experience did a number and my A1C jumped to an uncomfortable level. Cut lots of carbs immediately and here I am to say hi again .
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 08:43

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Just checking in. I check the board several times a week to keep myself aware and alert to my plan. It always helps me to read how others are doing and to learn from them. I have learned much from this board. I am still slowly losing....down 92 pounds with about 39 more to go to goal.

A personal goal is to add exercise to my daily routines. I am prone to sitting, reading and surfing on my computer. Retirement is wonderful but I need to move more. My arthritic knees keep me from doing a lot because it hurts, but I am looking for a way to do something......like recumbent cycling.

Anyway......I am here!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
What plan is everyone following? Are you still following the same one you started this journey with?
Hi Deb, been here as long as you.... 16 yrs and yeah, I'm still following the same plan.
Mostly Carnivore with a salad somewhere in the mix and maybe some broccoli, but mostly meat. I don't really know any other way to eat.
been eating this way for 46 yrs.. guess i've always been a meat eater.

welcome back. good luck with your surgeries, and hopefully you'll get the pain under control.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 07:26

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I just came back. I got ridiculously sick and stressed last Summer/Fall with a bad job and a mystery illness. I gained about 5 pounds a week for awhile. I finally figured out what was going on, I think - diverticulitis. It's been since February that I fixed it by changing my diet and now I am finally a little bit back to normal. .

Hi jschwab, Mind if I asked how you changed your diet?
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 07:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I have been around forever, but mostly checked out. I'm still fighting almost 20 years later. I started as a triple digit person, but am no longer. I'm down to 204 from a high of 364. I credit this site for much of my early success due to community and great advice.

I started LC to be better for my newborn daughter--who just graduated high school. I can give you this advice: I started for the wrong reason. You have to do this for yourself if you want to succeed. You can't externalize motivations or responsibility. You must find it in yourself. It's hard, but much easier than being 100 pounds overweight.

Best of luck as you move forward.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 10:08

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I definitely remember you back from my early days, kyrasdad. That you're now at 204 lb is great! And I agree with you -- we have to do this for OUR health and OUR reasons. Like alcoholics and drug addicts, we have to be downright selfish about it, which is not to say that we aren't also doing it to be good to those we love and care about, but at the end of the day this is one thing that needs to be about US.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 05:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Pardon my crashing of the TDC, but I just wanted to say hello, and I remember you too, Kyrasdad. Welcome back!

I've joked that part of the reason I tried LC eating was because of messed up hormones that were pretty much a pregnancy scare... and if I had been pregnant, that hypothetical baby would now be a grown-arse adult.

I'll respectfully disagree that your daughter's birth was the wrong reason to start: it planted the seed. Sometimes, that's all you need. Just get started and be willing to be willing. The "doing it for me" often comes later - at least it did for me.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 09:02

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%

I was reading back through this thread and noticed that I have checked in and posted over a number of years. It was interesting to me to see that on my first post my mother was 93 and now she is approaching 97 in a couple of months. She was going to assisted living at the time but has progressed to a nursing home because of her dementia and frailty. I have lost weight since the original post but I still have about 35 pounds to go to reach my goal. I started out as a triple digit member.

I gained almost 18 pounds during the covid isolation but thankfully I came to my senses and have lost almost all of those extra gained pounds.

Kyrasdad's reason for losing weight was a pretty good one to me.....he wanted to be around for his daughter. Everyone has some little thing - personal to them - that starts them on the path to losing weight. I agree that it is something you have to decide for yourself - another person can't make you do it and if you aren't totally in - it won't happen.I let my weight go for years and years gaining to my all time high. I ignored it until my feet hurt so bad that I went to see a podiatrist. He very gently told me that most of my pain could be resolved if I was able to lose some weight. He explained the extra pressure on my feet and knees and recommended some orthotics and different shoes.

I walked out of his office, began using orthotics in my shoes, bought some Hokas and began my diet. It has taken me several years, but I have lost 90 pounds and solved my foot pain.

So, I am glad I checked this post again. It gave me a little perspective on where I was a few years ago and hopefully will help me get back on track to lose those 35 pounds I need to lose to reach my goal.

Keep checking in folks......let us know you are here!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

So this has to be my first post in forever; had forgotten I posted in 2021. I don't know why I wandered back. I am no longer a triple digit club member, as I've lost most all of my weight. I now go 198, after starting at 364 about 2003. I recognize some of the old usernames here, but have since moved on.

I've taken up fasting to knock off the last 50 or so pounds, and that combined with low carb did it, after very extended stalls. I also added running, which has let me complete 5k and 10k races. I'm fitter at 58 than I was at 28.

Low carb really does work, and this place was fundamental to my weight loss over the last two decades.

Last edited by kyrasdad : Sat, Jun-11-22 at 12:49.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-22, 13:19

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Taking the time to post keeps some of us motivated. Thank you .

Looks like many use fasting to conquer those last 50 pounds...

Well done on your part. You kicked those last pounds to the curb. Lots you could share with those still battling the bulge.