Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/197/197 Female 5’ 2”
BF:
Progress:
Default New here but veteran of low carb

I first went on Atkins in 1978 to get rid of baby weight. Since then I have done Optifast Paleo (Primal Blueprint), Calorie counting, Keto and HCG. There are probably some others in there but you get the gist. When I read that hair loss can happen with keto at about the 6 week to 3 month mark I abandoned it fast! My hair is not thick enough to afford loss. It happened to me on Optifast. It grew back when I finished the program but I didn't see any finish point on Keto as it is a lifestyle.

I am the heaviest I have ever been. A back injury moved me into a sedentary life style. So I am ready to go again. Funny but I would give most anything to be be back at my previous 'over weight' self which was about 25 lbs to lose. I want to lose 50 now!

I decided to do Atkins for a quick start. I will probably move into portion control (calorie counting) for the long haul. I do well on that for maintaining.

Happy to have found this board. It is inspiring to see others making progress on their diet of choice.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 14:04

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome, Wings. You have indeed been on the journey. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading around the forum and finding friendly company here.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 11:55

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Any rapid weight loss program can result in hair loss. If you know about what you'd have to eat to maintain your weight--maybe just not eating too far below that will help.