Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/170/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 87%

For me, I got pictures back of my vacation from NYC. UGH! WHO IS THAT IN THOSE PICTURES??? When did I get SO heavy?? What a wake up call! My friend who went to NYC with me got her pix back and had the same reaction! We both started Atkins 1 month ago! We're BOTH loving the results.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/179.5/140 Female 67 in
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 21%

Turned 40! OMG! Dont want to be fat and 40!! Just 40 is all I can take!! LOL
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Stats: 340/270/240 Male 6'2"
BF:52/28/22
Progress: 70%

My Doctor kept bugging me to call a stomach bypass surgeon. I got mad and started exercising/lo-fat for 6 weeks ... didn't lose a pound.

I switched to Atkins (I knew the diet but was reticent to try it again since in '74 when I did it I got a bladder infection ... not enough water...) and in the next 6 weeks I lost 30lbs

Now just cruisin enjoying this WOL and this Forum which I visit daily ... thanks all for your indirect help and encouragement ... I don't post often but i find the postings here actually answer many questions I don't ask ... thanks again!
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 18:44
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

For the newbies, bringing back this post
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 19:28

Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Mine was stepping on the scale and seeing I was at an all time high - even more than I ever weighed when I was pregnant, and I've had 3 children. I dont want to be the fat mom anymore.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 19:41

Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%

I have been up and down in weight since I was 15, usually in 6 year cycles, when I reached my heaviest weight every at 225 lbs I new it was time to take things into my own hands, my friend at work had been raving about how her best friend had lost 30 lbs in 3 months on Atkins so I decied to take a look at this diet.

If it can work for a mother of 4 childrens two under the age of 2, then it must be able to work for me.

Before just to loose twenty pounds I would take on a near vegitarian diet and play on three softballs teams and one soccer team, so I would be spending approx every Sat / Sun playing in ball tourneyments, playing evening games 2 - 3 times a week, as well as going to 2 soccer practices and playing a soccer game every Sunday. I only lost about 15 - 29 pounds with all this activity and diet change. Then when I stopped because I snapped my Patealla tendon, I took a break and gain about 29 lbs in 4 weeks.

I did not find the resolve to tackle this problem untill I found this site and all the wonderfull people.

Thank you everyone.

Sccuffy
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 21:14

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

For me, it took actual physical pain to get me BACK on Atkins. Last October, I had to travel for business so I made two roundtrips from Orlando. One to Seattle and one to Colorado Springs. On my first flight out of Orlando I STOLE the seat extender because it was so humiliating to ask for that I didn't want to do it another eight times. I just slipped it into my purse, and would whip it out on each flight.

The humilation and look of dread in other passenger's faces (the oh I hope SHE isn't going to be seated by me and who can blame them) was bad enough. But the WORST part is that the seat hurt me and because it was too small, it hurt my back. I just hated it.

I realized that one of the things I love best is travel. I have always enjoyed flying. And now my weight was keeping me from flying for recreation.

On my last flight home, I left the STOLEN seat extender on that plane, and decided right then and there that I KNEW ATkins worked for me and I was not going to live like this. Now I am down 11 pounds and it is just the beginning of a big job. I am happy to be back! Orchid
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 21:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%

for me it was reaching the 200 pound mark and my size 16 ( real size 18 since they were from lane bryant) jeans were getting tight. and i look at my wedding pictures from a year ago and see how fat i look in them and i never want to look that way again.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 21:32

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sleepless nights... All my life I could sleep as a baby - deep, long sleeps. Then suddenly (after gaining 35 lbs in two years, but not experiencing any other problem) 4 nights waking up in every hour... On the 5th day I was in action:-)))

Last edited by Galadriell : Wed, Jan-21-04 at 21:34.
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 22:45

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

Last January I was video taping lesson for work on my master's degree. When I played back the tape, I was horrified. I knew Atkins worked because I had used it back in the '70s. I went out and bought the book. In April I hit a stall that last until I gave up in June. Gained back 5 pounds over the summer. I started back on in Sept. Hit a stall 3 weeks later and find this site. It has helped me with slow loss and stalls. I love this site.
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 00:33
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

I was oblivious to insults. What triggered my doing Atkins the first time was watching a coworker lose about 60 lbs. He was no intellectual (former college football player), so I knew I could read the book and follow the diet if he could. I lost about 40 pounds, decided to try CAD, then stopped low-carbing altogether -- and gained back 35. When I hit 225 again, I decided to go with what worked before.
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 06:29

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

4 key things for me. . .
1. When my doctor started using the term "pre-diabetic".
2. When coworkers called me and my friend "The Twins". (I was about 260 and he was over 300 el bees).
3. Tired of always being the fat dad helping out at baseball practice.
4. Seeing how FAT I was in the pictures on my Cub Scout packs web site.
  #133   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 06:52

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Me and my hubby ride a Harley. Last month we were going for a ride and when I got on behind him he was left with very little room because I had a huge spare tire taking up all of it. I felt so embarrassed.I told him to enjoy his pillow while he could because it was fixing to be HISTORY !

Pati
  #134   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 08:32

Stats: 264.0/146/139 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Easy question ~ my wake-up call was when I was declined by my insurance company for gastric by-pass surgery and decided to do this on my own ~ started on October 27th of 2003 and as of 1/22, I am down 39 pounds with 86 to go!!
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 08:57
boy interrupted

Stats: 265/265/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

My moment was pretty recent and for some reason hit me pretty hard. I play in a co-ed soccer league and I have always been pretty atheltic. One game I said something to a player on the other team, just making chit chat and he responded back by saying, "shut the *!~# up fat boy". That was very upsetting to me and was on my mine for a while.