Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: ONLY "ORIGINAL" 72 Atkins
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Any Diabetics [w/or Without High Bp] Taking Smoking Patch Or Other Remedies?

I desperately need immediate help. I'm Diabetic with high blood pressure for at LEAST 5 years [but I know much longer undiagnosed, and have been on ONLY diet to get it down, no meds yet] and went down to only 1 or 1 & 1/2 packs a day [on my BEST days, when NOT getting upset or having a crisis]......

I'm in between doctors and can't get to my new one yet, but MUST stop smoking or will lose my 55 year old family co-op [already given a date to vacate.... if you've seen my other post] , and I'm too sick and exhausted to move AND with no place else to go and only saying I've STOPPED smoking will give me at least a CHANCE of reconsideration and even THAT is only a ''maybe'' I cannot LIE to them.....

I've cut down to half and that didn't help. Neighbors are still complaining although none of them who are directly 'around' my apartment, others are although this IS NOT a smoke-free building.....

The building's lawyers who sent me this notice a 2nd and FINAL time nevertheless seem confident because it is classified as objectionable ""ODORS"".... I've TRIED to stop and CAN'T, not even after having read Allen Carr's book, and scared to death of taking patch, or any other smoking remedies because of my Diabetes and Hypertension.....

[If anyone is also familar with our RIGHTS in NON smoke-free buildings, co-ops etc., that would help as well, my family HAS smoked here for 55 YEARS and not a single word was said till only a YEAR ago, and with NOBODY ever saying they smelled smoke even up to a YEAR ago!! long story]......

I need to hear if Diabetics and/or those with also Hypertension [I have BOTH] are taking any of those remedies and if it's SAFE. Please HELP, I must do something IMMEDIATELY to change this situation or I'll be in the street .....or worse. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 10:07

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

My best advice would be to contact your physician either your primary care doctor or the endocrinologist, the one handling your diabetes.

That being said, I do have both diabetes, although well controlled, and high blood pressure. My endocrinologist gave me the go ahead to use the patches. Over all it will be better for you to quit, we both know that and I'm sure you don't need me to say it.

BTW I'm only at day 19 of the smoke free life, so I do know how you feel about quitting.

Barb