Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 22:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi! I "delurked" in Introductions. I'd like to join your club -- definitely triple digits here. I've been at least somewhat overweight for years, but really piled on the pounds in the last 7 years for all the usual reasons and I can't stand it a minute longer.

I started back on WW last month and lost ten pounds. I usually lose that in a week on low carb, but have never been able to keep going on a low carb WOE. I'm doing Protein Power this time because it allows small amounts of fruit. I started today. The first two weeks always go well for me -- and I'm going to keep doing WW (I do it online; a journal and cool etoys) to hedge my bets But blood sugar control makes sense to me, and I'm going to try very hard to do it right this time.

Nice to "meet" all of you. I've been reading this board for awhile -- it's a lovely board. Thanks to the moderators for doing this
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 280//180
BF:
Progress:

When you say WW do you mean weight watchers? Do they know you are doing this WOL & support it? I don't know much about them - just curious!

Good luck, and keep posting!

--Kirkwood
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 11:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you, Kirkwood. Yes, sorry, by WW I meant Weight Watchers. I'm doing it online, not at meetings, so they neither know nor care There is a secret coven of WWers doing low carb, though -- you see them on message boards. They usually do low fat, low carb, but at my generous "points allocation" (the heavier you are, the more calories/points you're allowed) there isn't a problem. (It's probably stupid, but I have a history of starting one thing, lasting for three weeks then throwing it all away and going on to something else.) WW does have a higher protein option -- a suggestion for the way food groups are allocated that gives more weight to protein than carbs -- but they're still too much into what I think of as fake foods -- rice cakes, artificially sweetened yogurt, etc.