Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/145/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default question about flax-O-meal hot cereal

hi again everyone,

i know this may be a stupid question that has been asked sooo many times, but...is that flax-O-meal hot cereal allowed during induction?

and if so, is it good? i looked at the online store that is selling it, and the net carb content on that would be 1 gram per serving...and i also noticed that it has no added sugar. if anyone has tried it and know if i could have it during induction...that would be great!

thanks in advance!

blue skies,

Kimmy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:01

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

I think I checked out the same thing and if I'm not mistaken it has malitol in it. I'm trying SOOO hard to stay away from malitol as it stalls me. I bought Carbsense Apple Cinnamon Granola and it has no malitol, but it has polydextrose, whick seems to be a good thing (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m3301/3_104/99377661/p1/article.jhtml
And I haven't gained any weight and I'm still in Ketosis.....just something to think about. Malitol is BAAAAD!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/145/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 92%

thanks sybs, i forgot about the malitol. there's so many terms that i'm trying to remember! did it taste good? is it worth the money, i mean? i've been doing everything in induction in the BASICS. i didn't buy any low carb stuff except for the diet rite that i had for the first time yesterday. so, since i'm in the third week of induction, i figure i could incorporate other stuff that is low carb even though i'm still keeping it at under 20 grams a day.

thanks again,
K
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/160/140 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm not sure if it's allowed in induction or not, but I have tried it and thought it was good. I got the cinnamon one and did add about a 1/2 pack of Splenda to sweeten it a bit. It's similar to instant oatmeal only not as chewy. I ordered mine from netrition.com because it was cheaper than in my store, and at the time if you ordered $50 worth of products, the shipping was free.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 20:41

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%

As far as i can see in the ing. it doesn't have malitol in it. I would think they would have to list it. Am i wrong?