Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: None Specific
Stats: 188/153/132
BF:
Progress: 63%
Post Louly's Exercise Log (Not much of one it will get better)

Well here goes with a gym log, except I don't go to the gym. We live too far from the nearest town and I don't have the car when Neil is away.

I do own a wonderful invention called the Abslide. One of those things with wheels that you push along the floor. I have been using it for a while and to start with the results were fantastic. Then I got lazy and stopped using it, but now I have started again.

This morning (Saturday 10th) I did 75 reps which took about 15 mins. The instructions say that I should do a continuous 3 - 5 minute session each day, but I find it easier to do 25 reps then relax for 30 secs, then another 25 and so on.

I have also been for a walk into the village which took about 1/2 hr. I took my two boys with me which made it slower but harder as the youngest sits in the pushchair and the older one stands on the back of the pushchair as I push them both. In total I am pushing about 5 stone (70 lbs) so I reckon it's a pretty good workout.

Tomorrow will be a good day for exercise as Neil will be at home and will want to lots of stuff in the garden, and I will also have to go shopping.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking 5 stones in the cart, are worth a million to your heart!

Congrats on starting your gym log! Keep up the good work, and hmmmm...I'm going to have to check out one of those ab rollers!

Enjoy your garden, and remember, we're all going to get in shape even if it kills us, right!?

Aloha Oe
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 01:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Hi Lou, well done on starting a gym log. You're right, exercise doesn't have to be done at the gym. And having pushed Georgia (who is still tiny) into town the other day - it made quite a significant different to how easy the walk was, so if you're pushing your two I'd say you're getting some good exercise.
I own an abs cradle, but I am so lazy using it. I must go and do a minute everytime I see it or think about it - especially since my belly is my number one bad area!
Enjoy the gardening, Jay
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:11
Registered Member

Plan: None Specific
Stats: 188/153/132
BF:
Progress: 63%
Unhappy Been a bit naughty

I didn't get chance to do any specific exercise yesterday. Neil had to go back to work early so i had to get to the supermarket early. Our new PC arrived so we got that all set up and then after Neil left I had to get the house tidied. It looked like a bomb had dropped. Computer boxes everywhere, polystyrene chips everywhere, and because Neil took my 2 step-daughters home on his way to work I had to do a blitz on my daughters bedroom, because they are definately the most disgustingly dirty pair that I have ever met.

Today was better though
I did about 20mins with my abslide, and have been really busy all day. I also took some measurements today, something I haven't done for a while. They were as follows

Bust 39" Down 1/2"
Waist 32" Down 1/2"
Tummy 39 Down 1"
Hips 39 Down 1/2"
Thighs 21" Down 1"

That's a total inch loss of 3.5" since my last measure which was in June. I'm really chuffed. Especially when I think about how much I ahve let my exercise regime drop until this last week.