Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-27-16, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Ive settled at 135 ..Im ok with that...How is everyone else doing?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-27-16, 12:31

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I was fluctuating at 119-122, I felt I had some wiggle room so I started upping my fat - larger salads with more olive oil and larger amounts of cream in coffee and tea.
Now, a few weeks later, I am fluctuating at 122-124 and I don't like it! I think that because of my level of thinness, even small changes - increases in quantity of food, calories, or carbs - make a noticable difference.
Time for a 23/1 fast or two ...
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-30-16, 18:57

Plan: F. A.
Stats: 343/136/140 Female 66
BF:Dunno (or care)
Progress: 102%

I weighed myself on Saturday as usual, and was 139.0. I got a promotion and have not had time to significantly exercise ever since. So I am getting flabby. But I am still on my food plan.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-16, 21:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Can we do a weekly weigh in again?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-16, 07:19

BF:

Name ............... 6/2 ........... 6/9 ........... 6/16 .......... 6/23 .......... 6/30

cshepard ........ 124.6 ...........

Jonahsafta ......

patience4 .......
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 13:04

BF:

Name ............... 6/2 ........... 6/9 ........... 6/16 .......... 6/23 .......... 6/30

cshepard ........ 124.6 ......... 124.0 .......

Jonahsafta ......

patience4 .......
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-16, 15:32

Jonahsafta ......

patience4 ........139.0...........138.2
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-16, 17:16

BF:

Bumping for Jonah! Where are you?!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-16, 09:01

BF:

cshepard ........ 124.6 ......... 124.0 ........ 123.2

Jonahsafta ......

patience4 ........139.0...........138.2
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-16, 13:40

Jonahsafta ......

patience4 ........139.0...........138.2.......138.8
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-16, 15:37

BF:

I guess it's just you and me, patience ( :
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 15:14

Yes, it looks like it is just you and me. I am sorry so many people leave. Please hang in there. People have no idea how hard it is to stay on a food plan- - not a diet - a food plan, for years and years and years. It has been a long time for me. I started in July 2007 at 343, and in 1 year and 10 months (May 2009) I reached my goal of 140. It was a grand and glorious time, my fondest lifetime dream was fulfilled. People who had known me for years did not recognize me. I was a local sensation. But then I reached goal and the next day happened....

I used to "go on" diets. I always lost weight. Then I would "go off" my diet. I guess I thought that I would reach a magic number and then I could eat whatever I wanted. I would begin planning how I would celebrate the end of my diet on the day I started it. And I would always gain it all back and then some.

But that was years ago. Now none of my co-workers, neighbors, fellow church members, and many of my family have never seen me fat. The social pressure is on. I am this old, skinny woman who seems radical to them because I won't eat their birthday cake.

I HONESTLY have no problem overeating in my own house. I live alone and there is nothing there to tempt me.

But I go out. In the past week I had a graduation, a reception for a girl who is going on a mission (church) and yesterday my great grandson's birthday. These are the good things of life and I WANT to go! But that is when I have difficulty. The people who love me most are the ones tempting me with food that I cannot eat. Oh, how many times I have tried moderation!

This forum helps me connect, to know that I am not the only one with these problems. Most of the low-carbers forum is from the people who are losing weight. That is good. I lost weight - and I assume you will, too. But, oh, the issues of keeping it off! Please hang in there!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-16, 07:23

BF:

Thanks for sharing that, patience.
I have only been locarb for a couple years, and I lost all my weight in the first three months. Now, I am starting to enjoy the obvious health benefits of decreasing inflamation amongst many other things and that is motivation to stick with it! That, and the desire to be an example for all my loved ones that are overweight and in declining health - I feel I need to prove to them that my weight loss and this lifestyle is sustainable, as the years go by.
I also hope, that by posting here, we can help inspire our fellow forum members. So, lets do try to keep the maintenance section alive!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 13:41

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, You Two! It's too hot to get out of the house today, so I'm surfing Lowcarber to see what I can find. Looks like there's a place for me here at Pre-maintenance. Or maintenance as the case may be.

Quote:
Now none of my co-workers, neighbors, fellow church members, and many of my family have never seen me fat.
I get this! I was at my highest weight (near 200) for a brief period of time (2-3 years) in the 90s. For my 50th birthday, I gave myself the gift of ME, and lost 50 lbs. So I've been basically not fat, or less fat, since 1996. Low-carb since about 2003, with ups and downs.

Nobody knows the trouble I see...!
Quote:
People have no idea how hard it is to stay on a food plan- - not a diet - a food plan, for years and years and years.
Clearly you do know.

My weekly weigh-in would not be that interesting, as my weight remains quite steady, even as I continue my efforts to get back to my adult low of somewhere around 135. And to stay there! Right now, I'm in a range of 147-151, and it's very annoying to go up/down/up/down. But...also motivating.

More than ever, I experience LC as a lifestyle. Temptations, addictions, exceptions are not so much in the picture, although I do fall into eating habits that I need to shake up regularly.

Maintenance is pretty boring compared to Whooshes and Non-Scale Victories and crossing over into new low decades. But in the end, it's all that matters, all that we work for and aim for.

So...here's to us!
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 13:58

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I have been low carb for over 10 years now. I no longer live where I used to live when I was at my fattest. People meeting me don't know that I was once a fat person. Sometimes I will tell someone that I once weighed 245 pounds. It's almost as if people can't believe me. Like you Patience, I live alone and there is no food in my house that isn't on plan. I went to my granddaughter's graduation from 8th grade (she was one of 9 graduates in a very small public school so an intimate affair). There was a table filled with goodies for after the ceremony. Two weeks before I went to granddaughter the younger's grandparents day at her preschool and another table full of goodies. I just take a cup of nasty black coffee from the urn and say no to everything else. Luckily my family is used to my eating habits and even try to cater to them to some extent. I'm so used to this that it doesn't feel like much of a struggle any more. I'm more amazed that people still eat that sugary sweet carb filled stuff.

Jean