Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1051   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 07:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

JAZ!! HONEY!! I am actually concerned about you with the amount of times you fall. I am glad you aren't seriously hurt but good lord, girl!! Scary!

How do you get all the sand out of your car? A wet, sandy dog! I guess if we end up getting a beach house I will have to learn how to deal with all that!

BTW scroll up a day and you will see a big fat post from me that you must have missed about my time so far in NYC.

I have a shade thing to recommend to you. I'll have to look when I get home. I ordered one for us- my friend had one in FL and it is wonderful.

How did the dog training class go?

Lori- I bet a day at home does feel super slow to you bc you are used to many hours a day at the golf course.

Sounds like your DH was truly exhausted and really needed all that sleep. I get that- I have fallen into bed the last two days here and slept like the dead.

Trig and Jaz- Okay I looked it up. This is what I bought that my friend had: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It provides an amazing amount of shade, is lightweight and not bulky, and is easy and quick to set up once you know what to do.

Your Mom is incredible for 93 but yeah, it does sound like she is slowing down a bit. I'm glad you all are able to care for her as you do.

Glad that your MIL is going to be able to be fixed up as well. You guys really are in the sandwich generation zone!

When will your trip be? Soon? I feel like you just got back!

Yeah, that sparkling ice is too sweet for me also. It would take me three days to drink just one, a bit at a time.

••••••••••

Busy busy yesterday as well- walked seven miles around the city and getting stuff for DS. Walked to Target, hauled that stuff back to him (you sure do think about what you are buying when you know you have to carry it back!), walked to grocery store, hauled that stuff back as well, Subway to Brooklyn and back etc. I tell you, you would have to work at being fat and living in NYC.

Meanwhile DS has been a busy bee- got the AC unit installed in his bedroom, built the desk chair and desk, and started on his bed frame. Hopefully today he can get the bed finished and then he can start on the end table and the dresser. I'm not sure what all he finished last night bc I was asleep by the time he got back to the hotel. I know it was after 11. I slept clear through him coming in etc. I had the sound machine going (NYC is loud, and this hotel has single pane windows) and I took half an Advil PM and that stuff knocks me clear out.

He and I are headed to the Tenement museum this afternoon on the Lower East side and we'll have dinner out there afterward. Following that he will go back and likely that will be our farewell. I'll be in the hotel tonight and he will set up to sleep in his room/apartment bc he has to start work Tuesday morning. I will have a leisurely morning here in the hotel then check out, find my car (lol) and head back home again. It has been an awesome NYC visit and I am so glad I had this time with him!!

DH and I leave on Thursday to go "downy ocean" - Maryland speak for going to the Eastern shore- and we will be there until Monday. Good Times ahead!

I'm 49 days today Sugar Free, sugar sub free, all sweeteners included, and flour free. Thinking about sharing a treat with DS today but if I do it will be one and done, and back on track. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
  #1052   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 07:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori sounds like you got one of those days where you 'just have to fill it up' with some BS and let the day just flow....I know those days but if you need rest and do nothing, like no exercise tape, go for it!! Glad DH caught up on sleep, my hubby has done like 60 hrs of driving in 4 days and he slept all day yesterday, didn't even wanna visit mom in hospital cause he was so whipped....but of course she said don't come cause they are treating her well and she is improving.

Nicco.... yea I see many of those sun shades on the beach. Problem is now MANY beaches are banning all 'tents or sun shades' that 'take up more space' so it is more fair for everyone to enjoy a public beach.....so one has to be careful what they do buy depending on where they beach out......like our state park beaches in SC still allow tents but now some are banning them like public beaches so.....ok this was more word for the wise to Jazz to make sure she buys what her beaches allow in the area LOL I ran off at the mouth on it all LOL

Your DS busy as a beaver 'setting up his digs and his life' I love that!!!

You got 49 days sugar free and I am super psyched how well you are doing and how much it is improving your health and losing some lbs down....super great!

Jazz....no crap. ya went down again? Damn girl, I can see you squinting your eyes, walking fast toward that fire pit and bending over without stopping to read it and OVER ya went Don't wanna laugh at all on it cause damn we DO NOT bounce anymore!! I know I don't. I have to watch me big time and girl you are pushing that last 9 lives of your cat life ya know....you are running out of 'good falls'

---------------Mother in law doing better with meds to get rid of fluid.

hubby HAD TO DO his car job to Virginia today he committed to because Leslie his supervisor could not find another driver, so off he went at 4AM this morning.....but his mom is staying hosp. today so tomorrow he won't take a job in case she gets discharged....so far so good.

Mom staying another day....she doesn't wanna go home today, just chillin' here and break from my bro Gregg and her house HAHA Off to Wendy's later for chili...omg

Got me 4 big country style pork spare ribs to cook later.
have big roaster chicken to cook for family. Was gonna grill but big Tstorms on us, so might just fire up the damn oven and go for it.....I hate oven and hot weather but just go with the flow today

all going ok....feel OFF KILTER tho from just too much BS around me....too much don't set well, as someone like Nicco knows who has my personality LOL but at this point....if I don't laugh about it I am gonna go bullestic about it I know me so well!!!

over and out and be good all

Jazz I put attachment on of 'low profile tent shade' options that alot of beaches are ok with still.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th (6).jpg (5.4 KB, 11 views)
  #1053   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 16:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Later check in!

So happy to see a post from you Nic. Boy NYC lives so differently than the rest of the country!
I laughed when you said it takes EFFORT to be fat in NY! I believe that. You only buy what you need for that day and MAYBE the next. Your "borough" becomes your world there.

Very cool that you and hubby are heading shoreside. Is there a place you stay?

Trig- funny going with the flow. Oven chickens fine too! But you love it grilled like me.

It's been raining here too!!!!!! ALL DAY!

Girl you are more than right about me using up the 9 lives of falling!
Gotta reel that in. I don't bounce and every fall does a bit more and a bit more. I don't want a broken anything.

NIC /TRIG- I looked up those shades/ Tents. Down here all of those are good. I want the EASIEST one to put together and put up.
So I am checking them all out!

LORI- did you enjoy your day???? Is hubby feeling ok now he got some sleep?
Did you two ever do anything special for your anniversary?
--------------------------------------------------------------
So beat up today - knees. I am seeing though "some" swelling going down ever so slow. I won't really know the "damage report until the swelling reduces. It takes me a good minute to get up and down those steps to take out pooch. Speaking of pooch- he is a tired boy today!

Wow- just done with having my body beat up over stupid stuff.

Left over chili. was going to go to the store but that is not happening today. I think tomorrow I will feel better!

Feet up- in recliner couch, CHILLIN! Raining out anyway.
If I was a true Ohio State fan I would be watching football tonight. I still might.
Something about a game is just sorting comforting. Maybe because we all grew up with a game on and it is just a time to pause in whatever chaos is happening and you just enjoy a game.

Have a good one all!!!
  #1054   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 17:56

BF:

Checking in today as I just dropped off the boy with a big hug in the middle of a sidewalk at 55th and Park.. he went his way, I went mine. Gulped a couple of tears back and that was that. I'll see him in three weeks, which isn't long at all, and we had a lot of really good time together over this long weekend. He's as ready as he is gonna be, and I am too. And so it goes!

So I did end up having a PLANNED off plan meal today- I had a half portion of gnocchi bolognese and some rice pudding. My stomach has clearly shrunk though bc I could hardly eat much of the rice pudding. It is all going home to Rob.. I committed to myself for that meal and then that is it, so I am finished, kitchen is closed, and nothing flour or sugar again until possibly at the beach. We'll see. I expected to be wigging out over the deliciousness of both but honestly didn't have a big reaction or anything. Which is a good thing- I was not left wanting more.

Feet up and resting now, another 7 mile day on these feet- they have taken a pounding over the last three days. Tomorrow I get to sleep in, which I won't, but I WILL hang out bc I don't have to check out til noon. Then I will head back home and should be home by around 4.
  #1055   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-21, 04:26

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Whew.......I have to hit the ground running this morning. We have a 7:30 tee time. Going early this morning because I have an appt at 1 o'clock and wouldn't have been able to finish the round if we didn't start until 8:30. So it goes.

Yesterday I had my Chiro visit and she worked magic on my shoulder. It has been sore and tight and she spent some time working on it while I sat on a chair and she was able to really improve my range of motion. I could have kissed her! I'll see if it makes any difference in my golf swing.

I also picked up some flea/tick medication for Gabby at the Vet. It's so odd how we can go anywhere now, but we still can't go into the Vet's office? I mean it worked out fine for me to pull in and call and say I'm here and have them bring it out, but ?? The way the cases are spreading again, I expect we'll all soon be shut down again. I don't know when/if there will be an end to it.
--------
Jaz.....What on earth is with your falling all the time? Do you feel that it's a balance issue? Do you get dizzy or light headed and then hit the turf? It may be worth finding a local Dr. and having some tests done. Maybe some balance practice either on your own or at a Physical Therapist would be something to look into? Scary! Stay upright girl!

Trig.....Another trip? I hope you get to go and have a wonderful time! Hope MIL is coming home from the hospital soon.

Nic....What a wonderful few days with your son! Have a good drive home and get to looking forward to the beach trip!

Well, have to grab my cup of coffee and head upstairs to get ready. I've had a short morning!

#1056   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-21, 05:08

BF:

Jazz, yea chill out and heal up the knees, might take a few days but hopefully you get thru it fine and fast!!

Nicco....super cool you get to see your DS in 3 weeks.....that is what makes it easier, not like he is flying abroad and you never see him again for years....you can cut 3 weeks and that way you get a gradual weaning from the young'in LOL

Yea, some foods when you cut all sugar from your life like you are doing really don't have that appeal back when ya try them, which is good....keeps us eating healthier stuff! Sounds like you are doing so well on your plan!!

Lori.....my vet is normal. We walk right in with no masks....all good, vet comes into the little room and all is regular here. I don't know what it is with all your vets you guys are using

glad you got your shoulder worked, it probably would help with feeling better on a golf swing!

------------my country pork ribs were delish. got leftover ones for today.
taking mom home in a while

hubby to do a few small local work stuff for car place and then home today

calling MIL in hosp., get updates and see if they discharge her today

just a 'do whatever gotta get done' type day here
  #1057   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-21, 06:45

BF:

Hey Ladies!!!!!!!

I so enjoy your morning/afternoon reading! Think about it! Goodness Nic it is like having own of our birdies fly from the nest. We have been watching your "kids" now for what 6 year? From high school to college to NYC. One got married and one left in the nest. WOW!

Does anyone one remember when we sorta got together? I know I was in Greenville then.

Still on NIC- so your dinner sounds super! Preplanned, delish, not a bender, and leftovers to boot! That is the way to roll!!!!!
Enjoy your morning- I know your feet have taken a beating. But do take a walk and just soak up some of that NYC vibe and energy! Bring a part of that home with you! Are you ever nervous to be with SO SO SO many people? That would be a bit overwhelming for me! I am not not used to millions of people.

I prefer the folks in golf carts going to the Winn Dixie than foreign Cabbies screaming and driving like a bat outta hell.
Safe travels home!

Trig- I am getting some country boneless pork ribs today. Most likely I will cook them tomorrow in the slow cooker. How did you make yours?????

Hopefully you can get your MIL all squared around! Girl you have your hands full with the mom's! Thankfully yours is doing well.

Today is a great day to sip some coffee poolside! Going to be nice until those afternoon t-storms roll in! How is the rum drinks going?
----------------------------------------------------------
Knee on the left is ALMOST back. The right knee however I still can't bend all the way and there is a loss of feeling on the very top of my knee cap. I am wondering if I "shocked" the nerve or it is compressed due to the swelling still.

It is "better" than yesterday. If it is still unable to bend by Friday I will go get an x-ray at the urgent care. I just need to give it a few days to heal- and reduce the swelling.

Lori- You brought up an interesting point. My balance. I have always no pun intended to be a little off. I have TMG and would fail a DUI check sober. I can't close my eyes and stand on one foot. I have some Right sided inner ear damage from years again that effected my balance. So I am really taking your suggestion to heart on some balance "work outs".

I am sure after I get healed up enough, I can find a video to start a basic balance /yoga for seniors and beginners! HAHAHAHAH- truly AWESOME suggestion.

I have a deliver coming from Publix (urghhhhhh)- but my fridge is empty and I was going to go shopping Sunday and then I fell. Having to cart all those bags up 3 flights of stairs is not doable right now.
I get a month free- so I am buying crap on sale and thankful it's coming to my doorstep.
Like I said they have boneless pork ribs on sale I got, some ground beef, salmon, and a tuna steak. Also a few bags of salad fixings and slaw and water I should be good for a few days.
Getting some Lacroix too! HAHAAH - All good and not schlepping it up 3 flights, best!

Gotta go plug into the man. 8 hours.
Ruger is such a good boy when I work. - he plays and sleeps in the office. When he gets bored he will sit and watch out the window a bit. Sleeps under my chair. He goes out every 2 hours for potty training.
HE WAS THE ONLY one potty trained in class! Yea.... my rescue boy is potty trained!!!!!!!

Well gotta get set up for the day. One last trip out with the pooch and settle in for the day!
Maybe salmon today- ribs tomorrow. Or taco meat is aways a good choice.

Have a good one- back in later to see that NIC is home!
  #1058   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-21, 14:53

BF:

Jiggety Jog!
I'm back home!

Driving out of NYC was far less stressful than driving in, while it was pouring rain, with a car full of stuff that we had to unpack with no idea how!

Technology makes life SO MUCH EASIER that it is utterly ridiculous. I mean, honestly, there is no reason to be afraid to go places anymore. Directions- on my phone, both visually and auditorily. Gotta find parking? I can find a garage, compare rates and pay in advance with SpotHero. Need to know how to use public transit? Put in where you want to go, and the phone will literally walk you to the subway station, tell you which train to get on, how many stops, how to exit and then how to walk to get to your destination. Wanna know where to eat, where a grocery store is etc? Go to YELP, click "nearby" and type what you want to find. From there you can see reviews, the menu, and then click for directions.

I went to Trader Joes for Chris yesterday- walked 1.3 miles to get there and then my bag-plan was not going to work.. it was just too heavy. Reloaded by Uber app, got an uber and was back to him in 15 minutes. Again, crazy easy.

We live in a great day and age, my friends. It is just glorious!

Lori- Completely agree about the Vet. I have no idea why they think they are so special. I think they just don't want to deal with 'pet parents' but I am sick of it.

Glad your shoulder is getting loosened up!

Trig- Hope your Mom had a good visit. I tell ya between the MIL and your Mom, you have had it coming and going.

Is your kid bored? You've hardly mentioned her this summer at all!

Jaz- What is TMG? Do you mean TMJ or something different?

Ruger is doing so very well with his training and so forth. Good for you! Good dog mom!!

Okay, home until Thursday. Doing a bit tmrw but not much. Resting up to leave again!
  #1059   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-21, 05:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling headachey this morning after a restless night. For some reason, I was up a couple times to visit the bathroom....not sure what that was about. I didn't drink anything extra that I can think of, but something had me prancing around all night. Playing golf at 8:30 with my friend and hoping I can keep going. Not feeling very peppy this morning.

We had a long overdue meeting with an estate planner yesterday to make sure we have our ducks in a row to best care for Betty. That behemoth of a house is her only asset aside from a bit of cash, so we have to have a plan and some help with all the options available etc. The banker came to the house so we didn't have to try to get Betty to him. It was a very informative meeting and DH & I feel better about what the future will bring. It's enough to make your head spin.

---------

Nic....you are so right about technology. I often wonder how on earth we traveled before? How did we find anything? Interesting about the parking help app. I am not familiar with that, but how helpful! I hope you have a lovely beach trip with DH.

Trig......Is Mom still with you? When is your trip to SC? Hope all is well.

Jaz...Hope your knees are healing up. That must be so painful especially when trying to navigate the stairs. I'm glad you are getting your groceries delivered. You don't need to be lugging stuff up to your apartment.

--------
Ok....time for me to get moving. Hoping we get our round in before rain showers start.

Have good days!
  #1060   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-21, 05:55

BF:

Good morning!

Sitting on the patio drinking coffee watching all the worker bees hit up their cars with their lunch pails.

NIC- you are going to have to teach me all that dec stuff. I think the issue for me is the LOW END phone that I have. It takes forever to load any app and then truly it was not meant for that. It is truly a talk and text app. I have WAZE on my phone- but I can't use the app and talk at the same time.
It would have saved me 200 to the lovely police officer 2 weeks ago I know! HAHA

I guess I am just to cheap to invest in something that doesn't give me money back. It loses value the second you buy it. I know people SWEAR by their Apple phones!

I remember you pulling out your phone in Charleston for directions!!!!! Was that the WAZA app????
NOW I DO HAVE URBER! That is a must!

Glad you are back home and snuggled back in for a few days before beach time. Do you have a place you all stay?
Very cool you were able to go and "launch" the boy! Were you nervous to be in the subway? downtown? Was it clean, crowded? It's a place I want to go to but will not alone.

Lori- Oh..... one of those conversations last night. They have to happen. Very necessary, yet they still are an energy suck! But at the end of the day you have a plan and everyone is on the same page! Was Betty there as well for the meeting? What were her thoughts?

Sorry you had a rough sleep. I did too! I tossed and turned all night and was restless. Now I am tired today as well and there is no sun today to lift me out. I could so easy go back to bed!
Hope you enjoy your game today! Maybe some golfing will help and you get some energy back!

Are you cooking tonight too??????

TRIG- Did you get your mom back home? How about MIL is she tucked back home now too? Yup- I force "that" conversation happening in your family too! Urghhhhhhhh

Gross here. Going to put those ribs in the crock pot this morning! did you get your RV cleaned out and ready again to roll at a moment notice?

Had to hit the send button before my laptop died. I forgot to charge. -

Back in a bit- not done.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Jul-21-21 at 06:49.
  #1061   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-21, 06:23

BF:

Nicco! Hooray, you got all stuff handled and driving out of NYC is a blessing, I know I lived in Jersey and went in quite a few times into NYC in my younger days but alot of times we just took the Path train in to save our minds from driving HAHA

You go again soon right? You leave soon with DH for a trip? remind me, I can't keep up now with your fast paced life

Kid ain't bored....she is 'just being'. She does want school again tho in August so that is good, she requires a change and kids around her so I am happy her back to school in Aug will be something she wants.....ahhh, that helps.
Junior this year, Senior next and college...omg!

Lori....with hot weather you are maybe retaining more water than normal? Or just getting damn old like I am You know I do not get up anymore for a pee break in the middle of the night, I used to...all the time while changing my eating...but now, nope. I make sure I hit the loo before bed and can make it til morn but then I have to get up fast and make that beeline straight in No matter how much I drink I seem to be good thru the night now so I am happy with that.

Super glad you came out of your financial stuff in good form. I tell ya that crap can weigh SO heavy on us.....glad your feeling better after that meeting and you know, you got the next moves in mind and how they will roll if and when anything goes down with Betty, I tell ya that is just very calming for sure.

Jazz, how is each knee doing? one is better than the other or are both coming around....oh man I hate that stiff, sore, hurt, inflamed and being miserable joint feeling....hope you improve fast!!

we got some sun, maybe some rain, that iffy day happening but heat is not super high at all....the 90 feels like 82 or something, we have this cooler breeze happening and alot of clouds to cut that higher heat feeling, this summer is not the hot summer I wanted but it is close I guess....your area, oh yea SC is definitely hotter than we are.

Cleaning rv today actually...vacuum out tons of sand and all that stuff.

---------------all going good here guys

mother in law is home. the meds drained her lungs/heart issues and she is absolutely better. came home yesterday and while tired obviously, she is much improved.

hubby to call county offices about info about water/sewer coming down main highway near mother in laws 19 acres she has on that line......she got an offer from Lowe's about 8 yrs ago for contract...3 million...they paid them $30K per year for 3 yrs to hold contract but it fell thru cause county delayed getting sewer water down the road......but some guy called and offered 300K for the land, she said no, he called back and offered $1 mil for it and of course she said no and hubby is now double checking the water/sewer and info needed to make sure she does not undersell this big corner acreage at commercial cost cause that corner area is gonna boom very soon.......yea we live rural, own crap land til all these years now people move in and retail places like gas stations, hardware stores, restaurants and more want it and boom...boom town times HAHA Yes it is gonna be a very big cash cow day around here at some point WEEEEEeeeeeee

I don't think hubby is gonna work today, no calls but he has crap he has to do.

will have to mow the world soon, grass growing fast finally after all this rain

I need to vacuum pool
work on rv

next trip is Monday. 3 nights at SC lake state park. waterfront. kayak and fish and enjoy life.....kid staying home WEEEeeeee

all good here, just doing.....seems very busy lately all of the sudden, nothing and boring and whatever then boom, everything hits and has to get handled fast ya know....ugh, tis life I guess

over and out and be good everyone!!
  #1062   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-21, 18:24

BF:

Hey all-

Yup yup heading out again tomorrow (Th) morning with Dh! The kids are holding down the fort along with the doggos.

Glad your kiddo is doing well, Trig. Maybe the break from school was a good thing for her and she will be glad to get back into the social arena. So hard to believe she is already a HS Jr!

Wow you all out there are going to be in the money for your properties! Good on all of you! Glad MIL is back to feeling well again and glad you have a trip to look forward to!

Jaz- I'll show you some tech stuff when we are in Savannah. It makes everything possible, it really does. Opens the world right up!

Add me to the list of folks who slept like crap. I think I slept two hours last night. It totally sucked.

Lori- I'm so glad you all are looking out for Betty like you are. Bless your souls!

•••••••

I made the FATTEST porterhouse steaks tonight. I pulled two for the three of us to share but we only made it through one between all of us. It must have been three inches thick.

So my Mom and her DH are just a disaster. Her DH is in rehab recovering and my Mom hadn't made it out to visit him once. And then, two days ago apparently she fell over while doing something or other. She ended up going to the hospital to get some back pain checked out the next day- nothing broken or anything like that but sciatic pain or maybe a bulging disc? I don't know.. all I know is that they are a mess and if I wasn't going to the beach I'd probably be heading down there to see what is up. I am sure his house is just a freaking disaster. Ugh, going there is so stressful.

Looking forward to heading out tomorrow and having alone time with DH. It has been very, very hard to come by over the past year and a half but soon we will have more of it than we know what to do with!
  #1063   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 04:08

BF:

Good Morning!

A quick fly-by for me this morning. I have a 7:30 tee time and I didn't get up until nearly 6! I should have set my alarm and gotten up by 5 so I'd have a few minutes to wake up and drink coffee. Sigh......I hate scurrying around in the morning.

I'll pop in this morning and try to catch up with you all.
  #1064   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 05:29

BF:

Lori enjoy your golf game!!

Nicco.....so sorry on the disaster situations. I know the feeling well! My mom was here and then Tony's mom into the hospital with heart issue and then it seems all kinds of stuff 'gets in our way' in our lives from other's lives LOL but of course that is life right?

I hope your mom feels better fast....the darn falling can really nail us all but at least she got away on the better side. Mom's last 2 falls she had resulted in hip surgery on the left side, then she fell and broke the right hip and had surgery! ugh I tell ya.....when you get time go down and see what is up.....til then just enjoy your down time with DH.

but you are so right...all of it is stressful. Sometimes we are pulled in way to many friggin' directions!!!

Jazz, hope the knee is improving on ya! check in when you can!!

---------all good here

defrosting a nice NY Strip steak for later today

I gotta watch me. I nibbled some of this and that and then kid wanted ice cream, a few spoonfuls of that and let me tell you, I had to fight my azz off that ice cream I was ready to go all in and eat the whole friggin' 1/2 gallon myself!! Oh yes.....SO right now it is 'watch me' and straighten the heck back up.
Now it is 'no more nibbles' cause I am one nibble away from disaster.....as you guys all know how carb cravings just slam us sometimes, well those nibbles are drawing me into a bad time to come.....so FOCUS is on no nibbles....get my head back in the game.

Cleaning up rv some to get ready to leave Monday.
just 3 nights at a lake. no kid, no dog....WOW....hey Nicco, I feel like you and your DH Alone time....can barely remember it ever being just me and him....along comes a kid and bam, you ain't ever alone anymore LOL

swim sometime today. my pool is doing well without a ton of work to keep it clean....finally my easy year on it!

nothing much more...off I go be good all
  #1065   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 06:53

BF:

Busy jumping thread! I love it!

NIC- Sorry to hear about your mom and SD. I know and feel for you about hoping she is fine yet not wanting to go and clean up the mess! I hope you take that in the context it is meant. Toss my mom in that same bucket. They want their own life until they are in a jam and than they want ya to fix it! urghhhhhhh

I have thoughts about all that. I will be in this boat sooner than later! I know you will do what you have to for your family!
Yay on some quiet time with hubby! Well deserved.

I am still smiling over your son in NYC! So very cool! I bet he just has a ball! The city that never sleeps! I bet you didn't see alot of older overweight people did you? You said most people were not heavy- but I bet they are younger too!

HOOK ME up with a tech session while in Savannah. We are now a little over just 2 months out! IN A FLASH!

TRIG- whoot- back out in the RV Monday! I love that!
Now it has been hotter than HADES this year here! I am only a little over an hour from the Florida boarder. I am REALLY SE GA. LOW country.

I know these farmers are turning a PRETTY penny by selling land. And ya know, I am sorta conflicted about that. I hate to see all the beautiful farm land turned to gas stations and concrete subdivisions. But it is the way. Somebody needs paid. It might as well be farmers!
I am happy to see you and the PORK CHOP are looking into the affairs for your mom in that way. So everything is set up when the offers for her start rolling in they are decent!

You ever roll your kayak? That is on my bucket list of things to do. I am not exaggerating those we I say the gators down here are so ready for food. I think I would have heart failure if I was in the little boat and saw a pair of eyes pop outta the water!!!!!
Some dude down here fell off his bike and rolled into the pond that ran along the bike path and a 6 foot gator had lunch. - You ever seen one in the water?

So do you haul a grill? Where do you put your grill when you are GLAMPING?

STOP and put down the spoon! Go put on a pair of TIGHT shorts. TIGHT so that you know that feeling. When we are in yoga pants we don't FEEL the pound here and there. They add up FAST! I went to bed and woke up 50 pounds heavier?!?!?!!? Don't make me whip out THAT story again! I am VERY aware I am a nibble away........addicts don't put it to their lips. I never EVER thought I would be fat again! EVER! YOU GOT THIS!

Lori- I am there with you , I hate running around late in the morning! Enjoy your game! Hopefully the course is nice and dry for ya!
Are you playing this weekend too?
----------------------------------------------------------
I was going to pop back in after work yesterday but my phone rang all night. It was still raining when I went to bed. FAMILY DRAMA! Not going into it but two words: Kids vs my mother, holiday schedules. That's it- I guess that was 5 words! HAHAHAHAH

My knees are healing nicely. My left knee is 100%- my R knee is still swollen. But I see progress and I did have it x-rayed and nothing thankfully is broken. I just busted up a bunch of cartilage which is painful- ahhhh the joys of getting older. We just don't bounce.
As soon as this knee is 100% I am going to take Lori's suggestion and look for some videos on balance and stretching!

Things are rolling along! I am up 2 pounds...grhhhhhhh - I am on track though. WOE is on track.

Gotta run-