Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#991   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-21, 04:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco sorry on his medical issues after surgery....but ya know....they say older ya are that you come off more weird after being put under the gas....so he should clear up with time and all should be better. I think it is more common than one thinks, at least I am finding that out more with older people and the Drs say it is kinda what happens to many.....but sending good healing vibes their way!

AND the company will descend on you wishing you the best!!!

SO SUPER COOL on your no sugar experiment and the fantastic results you are getting!!! Down 9 is over the top!!

Lori....oh ya got the kitchen and living room cooled downstairs, that is good, you take that heat edge off of the house in summer.....you must be very sensitive to sounds when sleeping, I would choose the AC unit and probably snore louder than it LOL
You know with being in RVs most of my life I am SO used to noise, the AC unit will run all the time in hot weather and we also have a fan unit running in the master bedroom so it is like NOISE is all over us ya know. Just a normal thing for me so it boils down to I can sleep thru that type of noise easily....what I can't do is a cricket chirping or some darn birds outside my bedroom window doing that same damn bird chirp....omg....one night I had I think a meadowlark just jabbering away and I laid there and thought....give me a gun, NOW!

what'd ya buy? what'd ya buy? BIG boxes, yea what ya get?

Jazz, yea chained to the desk....sucks at home or at work in a cube....sucks more in a cube and leaving the house tho HAHA
You save on clothes, gas, wear/tear on your body and car, don't have to work well with others who drive ya batty LOL So just recount all the good, plus you get to train your puppy instead of crating him all day......so you count all the good from your home job Save a ton of money as you can...bank toward that early retirement!!

----------got towels washing

hubby took another trip....get this, he and he driver pal are teamed up for Charleston, where just were at LOL Hey go make me money, I need it.

guys I tell ya the cost of touristy areas on eating out is insane expensive now. Me being one of those frugal types....I am shocked how prices are increasing ALOT across the board. Just so much more expensive to live anymore nowadays...ugh... I went to pay off the credit card and I am like, OMG ALL those darn 20 here, 150 there, 70 for gas and this and that charged on this trip...too darn much but then I say ya can't take it with ya might as well spend some of it LOL I told kiddo if she keeps buying all this crap she is spending her inheritance...wee...HA

Pool wasn't bad...shut off filter for 2 weeks to just say the hell with dealing with it and it wasn't green or anything, super cloudy water....loaded with chems and it is clearing and filter is doing its job....another day or 2 and pool should be perfect......then swim...I need to get in the darn thing and use it to justify the darn price of it!

off to get stuff happening...over and out
Sponsored Links
  #992   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-21, 05:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Oh yeah- FRIDAY HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Trig-- yup yup yup on the price of crap these days. Shocking just how fast the 20/79/100 add up on a credit card or drain your pocket book! FAST! But so so so right ya can't take it with you!

I also love the sound of a fan. Add that to I have been in an apt for the past 12 years with people coming and going= noise. Although this apt I am in now is the most quiet ever. They use concrete between each apt. Plus I am on the end and on the "PENTHOUSE SUITE"....hahahahah- I really don't hear anything. So I use my fan AND my white noise machine when I sleep.
Now I just need the light filtering curtains.

Yup- send that hubby to work! It all adds up plus he enjoys it! So he drives a car to someone and then someone drives him back? Does he have to do it in one day?

Yes get that pool cleaned up and GET IN!!!! Enjoy summer. It will be over before we can blink!

Lori- oh...... a day to putter!!!! Love it! Add that to the house to yourself for a few days! You should invite sis over for a impromptu girls weekend!

Yay on getting that road done! - Did a pipe bust? What was the issue?
Oh.....if I ate tacos, or burritos it would be a full blown hog wilder for me. Might as well bring out the chips and salsa and margarita's. It would feel good for about an hour and two days to "pay the piper". So not worth it for me anyway. But alot of that has dairy and I don't do moderation, but that is just me.
You can and have shown you can have a small this or that. I envy that.

NIC- wondering how you are doing with your house full!!!!! hoping you are happy and things are going well and you get a bit of space!
Still in awe of your dinner planning! What is on your salad bar? I know you went to Costco which is great for party planning and large gatherings. They have great party platters and desserts.

Pop in when you can.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Last day of work for a couple days. Last night I worked late. I didn't get off until after 6. Then I took the pup for a 30 minute walk and sat on the patio and called it a day.

I am trying to balance how to get out more with the puppy. He doesn't crate in the day time. I take him out every 2 hours and he has been "good" in the office and sleeps under my chair.
So to put him in the crate crate and leave would be disturbing to him and me.
I don't trust him yet though to be left. I thought about putting him in the bathroom- but...... no he would eat the door to try and get out.
He has already put scratch marks on the bathroom door on the outside because I closed it- with me in it and he just HAD to get in!
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

he is too young to go to puppy camp- plus truly I would just want a few hours at most on the weekend. I looked and they charge like 50 dollars an hour!!! I don't know anyone here yet, to trust them in my apt. I am thinking about it all. Just sorta muling options.

I did find out that I can take him to Jeykel Island - dog friendly beach. I would need a beach umbrella- some shade. They have some really cool ones I have looked at online.
I really am needing some beach time this weekend. I will figure it out and make it happen. I am thinking if I go early it won't be as hot and I can stay a bit longer.
Jykel is 1.5 hours from me. Doable especially if I leave early.

WOE- - turtling down Intermitted fasting I have really tightened that up. Carbs- tightened up, wine- limiting and found one that is "light". Walking more and the steps - it all plays a part. So the direction is down........ ever so small.
I have my goal in front of me!!!!!

Well ,need to plug up this laptop and going to post before this one goes poof.
Have a great day ladies!
  #993   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-21, 06:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all- hiding up in the bedroom so I can get this done before I go downstairs. Didn't get to open my computer once after 1:30 yesterday with folks here and all the activity.

Lori- Yay for the road being open!! Some new freedom back! And mail and packages too. What are we getting? lol

Trig- Your husband sure does enjoy his job! Gives him something to do and money to earn a little space during the day for the two of you also.

I agree with you that prices across the board are crazy high. Meat, food in general, housing in a lot of places that weren't that pricey before. I think all of us are in a pretty decent place but I am not sure how those who live hand to mouth are doing these days.

Jaz- You deserve to have a nice boss after some of the doozies you have had in the past. And fair too.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad headache. Ruger seems like a real sweetie and I like that he just hung out in bed with you.

••••••••••

Things are good here but also busy and chaotic. We had 12 chairs around the dining room table last night, everyone cheek to jowl. I made a little over three pounds of taco meat and it was GONE. Taco bar and nacho bar went over really really well though and I think folks were full enough and happy.

My Dad and SM both look GREAT. I mean, if I am doing as well as they are in my 70s I think I will be pretty darn thrilled. My Dad will be 86 in December and my SM about the same, yet they can fly here, both fully mobile, no one needs anything special brought to them or whatnot. I am amazed by them.

Really nice to see my Bro, SIL and their two Littles too. My Bro is such a rail. I mean, a RAIL. He ate dinner, then later had TWO salsa chicken burritos and then ice cream. I have no idea where it all goes.

SIL and I are going to a water fitness class that starts at 10. That will be fun! A nice chance to get away and have a bit of time together.

OK I should wander down. I know at least one person is up bc I heard the door open. I also want a few sips of coffee before we go but not too much.. it goes through me and then I am in a pool! lol
  #994   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 03:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

DH was up and out early this morning as they're having "Christmas in July" at the Rec. Park where he works part-time. He has to meet the organizer at 6AM to be there when vendors start arriving etc. Just craft crap and food vendors. I'm happy to be going to the golf course. Today is day 1 of a 2 day tournament. Not a big deal as I know I won't win anything and I'm just going to enjoy playing. Today's weather will be good and then we start a stretch of rain and t-storms every day.

My big box delivery yesterday was really not that big. It was my monthly Amazon subscribe & save. Just some boring household stuff. It's still nice to have it put on my front porch after weeks of fetching my mail from the post office. I'm also glad to be able to schedule my Freshly box for next week and I also ordered some yummy meat from Grass Roots Farm Cooperative. Every couple months I order from them.

----------

Nic.....Your taco bar sounds so, so good! I think that's what got me thinking about tacos or burritos. It's such a good idea when you have a big group to feed. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.

Hope you and SIL had fun at the water exercise class. It's great to hear that your DD & SM are doing so well. Gives us all hope that as we age we can stay active and vital.

Trig.....What's up for the weekend? How was DH's trip to Charleston?

Jaz...I hope you and Rugar have fun at the beach if you decide to go. Does he do well traveling in the car?

-------

I need to get something for breakfast and have another cup of coffee before getting ready for golf. Have good days!
  #995   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 08:40

BF:

Nicco so cool they are so vibrant....love it at such an older age, my mom and dad were the same til that ONE day flip for dad and mom still going strong til I know that one day slap is coming LOL But so happy you are cool and enjoying your company........that is what it is....enjoy til ya can't anymore HAHA

yea prices are skyrocking...and I am like you....how do those survive...they ain't except thru govt handout and ........ok stop........we can't chat all this LOL but it is scary for sure for everyone!!

Jazz yea you have to work out your time with your boy gone.....you don't 'have to crate' but go to Petco and buy a small dog fence for inside cause I got one and they are great. Tons more room to move and live while you are gone and you can make it big enough for him to have a pee/poo spot til he gets older and can hang longer............but boys are not girls. Boys lift the leg every friggin' chance they can to mark........so be wary on that LOL

Take him everywhere you can. Out and in it is how they socialize the best....drag him all ya can cause we did that with Bolt and he is super calm in all BS situations.......you need that....not the crazy dog ya know

You are such a great dog family mom

Lori I hate this Xmas in July stuff, probably just me but ALL about the retail in how it came about ya know and ALL about money.........I never do X in J and I don't even acknowledge it HAHA

but super cool your hubby supports it and it helps the area...I get it.
enjoy your golf day and hope all your learned new moves gives you a better scoring cause you got a great one before and hope ya keep it!!

--------------omg
pool cool
need to vacuum etc but water fab and got away easy here

lawn and acerage...omg, kid mowed and won't 'go super close' and into small areas and more and the damn thing is scaggy........ok, just has to learn

me doing rv and moving slow for some reason.......probably cause my mind is NOT BACK here at all ya know.....I hate the house and the goat and the barns and it all....I want f'ing freedom.........OK enough of that but it shows me where I wanna be in a few years ya know.

ok tired to chat more....just doing and getting shi* handled...ugh
  #996   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 13:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone, quick check in from Grand Central Station, where folks come in, leave dishes and sh!t around and then walk away!

Lori- YAY for your road being open and getting mail delivery again! I know you appreciate that! I hope you have fun at your tourney!

I'm not a big Christmas in July person either but I do enjoy a nice craft show. I used to go to Sugarloaf here every year and they are no longer going to be doing them post-Pandemic. I'm sad about that!

Trig- I did not expect that your DH would be as busy as he is when he retired from his job. I think he is gone more than he was when he was working full-time, right?

Being at the farm makes you appreciate the beach and your getaways all the more!

Jaz- Hope you are doing well and getting some down time and maybe even some beach time today!

••••••••••••••

So the visit is going very well overall but I won't be crying when Monday comes. There are a LOT of people here, a lot of activity and an absolute metric crap ton of food and STUFF around all the time. Two of the folks are kids and we all know how they are, especially being in and out of the pool- every time I turn around there is a shirt here, a sock there, wet towels etc. Plus people eating at random times and plates, cups, mugs, spoons etc. Ya know? Purses, newspapers, books, reader glasses etc etc. I feel like every few steps I pick up something, just trying to contain it all!

The pulled pork was a huge hit yesterday. I do make a really good pulled pork, if I say so myself! Pulled pork, homemade Cole slaw and a salad bar was dinner last night. Kids got Shirley Temples.

Tonight is grilled balsamic chicken breasts, cauliflower Mac and cheese, and the salad bar. I am also making a banana cake which I will not eat but that will be greatly enjoyed by the others. I figure it is a good time to make it bc it should be eaten and gone within two days.

My ILs are coming over tonight too so there will be 14 at dinner. They are arriving at 4.

Tomorrow we will play pickleball at a park somewhere, some water volleyball and then things will start winding down. Dinner tomorrow night is chili, garlic bread and salad bar (for the last time!)
  #997   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 16:46

BF:

OMG- I am checking in late but laughing at the post you all posted!

Where to start- throwing them in a jar and picking one out- Ok

NIC- OMG and OMg- the sock here, shirt there, cups, spoons, it would drive me CRAZY. But just know it is ALL gone come Tue. Just gone and clean up and quiet. But truly think about it this way. For all the crap you are doing ..... the memories for everyone you are making. BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!! Flip it sweetheart. These days are far and few and precious and blink and people are gone. So yea- get it total PIA- and someday these minor things are dust in the wind.

I am glad that everyone is happy, content and full, and just .... makes my heart full. We went through 2020 isolated and here you are. Providing an open house and open heart. Awesome. Your quiet time is around the corner!

Trig- Dear god almightly how you and I jive it is almost scary. GF I wand FREEDOM more than anything. Freedom to come, go, and do as I please. I am not yet there but have that sight in my mind EVERYDAY.

You are ever so much closer. I am starting from ground Zero- but hey- I am a smart cookie.

Yea- so get the unpack slow and your not in it- OMG do I got that. I know you all have an RV- but is there ANY place you have fallen in love with that speaks to you the same way St. Simon speaks to me. I KNOW I want to get a small condo there and just get it beach front and live with pup and tuna on crackers and be happy as a lark.

You could do both ya know.

Is your family coming with you when you get here to Savannah?

Lori- How was game day? Do you ever get tire of the little ball and a hole 5 miles away? LOLOLOLOL- just asking. I am so not able to do that........... SO funny how different we are with that. In a way I so envy you that you have that disapline. I could learn a thing or two.
How is your sis doing these days?
---------------------------------------------------
Slept in- 730. Then little on needed to go out. But it was 8 hours!

So- I watched Tomorrow wars. Disturbingly exciting. Like the train wreck you KNOW you should not watch. The aliens were so SO SO just vicious scary. It really was a great movie. now I am cruising for a new one. I think there is one I want to see tonight.

Little one- bless him..... he is beginning to cuddle. OME CUDDLE.
So I was sitting having my coffee this morning on the patio and he was intently watching me and then JUMPED into my lap and bot paws around my neck- then the licking. SWEET good boy.
Then this afternoon I was on couch and he just curled up beside me all quiet and calm...........
GOOD BOY.

Rained most of today. got things done that needed done .Sitting on patio for last call of evening before sun set.

all WOE good
  #998   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 17:02

BF:

Nic.....Oh my....I laughed out loud at your description of things left all over the house here and there. I can just picture it! As Jaz said, you are making sweet memories for your family to cherish. Your menus/meal plans sound just perfect.

Jaz.....Glad pup is turning into a cuddle bug.

Trig....I hate that xmas in July crap too. I don't even like the real thing in December that much! I'm not into decorating and all the crap people sell at these craft fairs.

--------

A rough day on the golf course. I just didn't have a swing and nothing felt "right" all day. I must be near the bottom of the board. Oh well. Back again tomorrow to try again.

I went in to the bar and sat there by myself and had a bite to eat and a couple beers. The old guys came shuffling in and I sat there with them for a while. None of the other women came in, but I didn't care......I was thirsty!

7 o'clock and I could easily go to bed. Another early start tomorrow and we may have some rain.

G'nite!
  #999   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-21, 18:35

BF:

Lori, your golf and beers, I love it sounds like a great day even tho your game was off a tad

Nicco....14 for dinner....wow....and the pick up game.. ugh...contain it all best ya can right? clutter around drives me batty also so I get ya but man you are handling it all fine so far!!

Jazz.....hey season 3 of Virgin River just came out on Netflix.... give ya something to watch.

---------all quiet on the western front here so far
  #1000   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-21, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Up sorta early for a weekend. But it ended up raining from about 4 through the rest of the afternoon and evening. It rained HARD, sideways rain.
So I ended up just watching some TV and and playing on the internet. I don't do well driving in that type of rain. There wasn't anywhere I wanted to go to anyway.

TRIG- So are you all unpacked in the camper? When is your next adventure?
Got anything moving and shaking today? Is your pool ready? I wonder if you are as hot as I am. It gets so hot and humid it is like liquid air here!

Lori- LOVE you had a beer with the boys! So something I would do!
Good luck today with your game! Do you start fresh today?

Is your hubby going fishing today? How long will he be gone? Does he and the kids stay in a cabin?

NIC- So curious how your holding up! I got give it to ya! You are doing a great job as hostess. Only 2 days to go! Hold strong- or just drink wine!
------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was errands and grocery and petsmart, and just this and that and then the rain came.
We are supposed to get rain later again. But I might be able to squeeze in an activity before it moves in.

Catch ya later!!!!! -
  #1001   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-21, 07:04

BF:

Jazz yea swimming today after I vacuum out the leaves but pool is ready and I am 1/2 chillin' today....still doing unpack rv but slow....older I get the less I give a flyin' crap about moving faster on work HA

don't forget......Virgin River....season 3 is new on Netflix

no rain yet here but enjoy your day anyway ya can....it is sunday, chillax for sure and enjoy your porch and pool

Lori and Nicco...caught up but what's chilling today for you guys...Nicco I know is slammed with people and can't wait til it all disperses HA but Lori, hmm, not sure if you got golf on hand or not

-----------all good here
just doing....nice sunny hot day and pool work for me and swim and goof with eating alot of meat when I want it
  #1002   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-21, 12:40

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Back from another tough day on the golf course. I started off in the hole from yesterday and never did get out! Sigh.........Oh well. We were lucky that it didn't rain....amazing. We got thru with nary a drop. Back to practicing on Tuesday......boy do I need it! I just do terrible in tournaments. I put too much pressure on myself.

The only thing on my agenda for the rest of the day is to get something for DH for dinner. I was awake at 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep until about 4:30, then I was up at 5:30. I'll be ready to go to bed extra early tonight.

DH doesn't leave on his fishing trip until Friday and will be back next Sunday. Just 2 overnights. That means I'm in charge of Betty and checking in on her twice a day. I'll stop in early before golf and then on my way home from the course. Weather looks iffy this week, so may not even be playing too much.

That's it from here.....over and out!
  #1003   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 05:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Ugh.....I'm tired of waking up at 2AM and laying there till 4 or 4:30 before being able to fall back to sleep. I laid there thinking about how awful my golf game was this weekend. Why do I care so much? It's embarrassing to me, but I know that no one else really cares what my score is. I don't want to ruin it for myself by becoming too obsessed with the score. Ok.....rant over.

Today I'm taking it easy. I have to make Betty's dip again....she goes thru that stuff like water. I have my Dr. appt at 10 and then maybe a plumber coming to look at my kitchen sink faucet that is giving me fits. The handle loosens and has to be re-tightened all the time in order to turn the water off. I'm afraid one of these days that the water will just start shooting out of the dang thing. It's always something. DH has a dinner meeting tonight, so I don't have to cook. Oh.....I have laundry to do too. It seems my laundry basket is never empty for more than 30 seconds.

----

Trig.....hope you enjoyed some good pool time yesterday.

Jaz.....sorry your weather was ugly yesterday, but sometimes just staying in and chilling is the best way to recharge for the upcoming week.

Nic.....are you ready to reclaim your house? I know you'll look back on it and have happy family memories. How did PB go with everyone?

-------

1 more cup of coffee and then I've got to get busy. Have good days everyone!
  #1004   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 06:03

BF:

OMG- LOST- I was half way through when the darn battery just shut off!!!!!

GRHHHHHHHHH- I was on a roll too!!!! - I gotta go now........ back after work!
I really had the soap box out!!!!!- HAHAHAH- maybe its good it went poof!

HAHAHA

Lator!!!!! Doing fine! -
  #1005   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 06:06

BF:

Lori, feel for you on the crappy sleep nights! Nothing worse then getting that burr in your head and you replay it over and over....oh yea I done that many times....but your golf? LOL You truly like it, got a taste of that great score of 88 before and now you want more good games and wonder why why why but I tell ya Lori, hubby is a golfer and he was just like you His score was a personal thing to beat ya know so I get you on it, he could talk for hrs about every shot and how it got screwed up and more and I listened forever about it too So I get it.

Yea get the plumber out....cause you are right, that handle is gonna explode on ya and water all around and you will be like....where in the hell is the shut off valve....heehee....should be easy fix tho.

waiting on Nicco and Jazz to check in

----------all good
had fun pool day goofing
last night higher winds and tons of damn little leaves in the pool and cloudy icky today but will get in and vacuum it....want it sparkling at all times.

all good
just holding zc
feel bloaty....like I already feel I am not moving darn near anything like I did on beach vacay...ugh...I see it, I gotta correct it somehow.....plus with ON Demand and Netflix last days have been catching up on shows I missed....the slug I am HAHA

got a nice NY Strip steak and pork tenderloin to cook up

be good all

and Jazz....Virgin River, season 3 new on netflix and it ain't that great....same stuff over and over kinda....this I hope IS the last season of this, maybe? HAHA