Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1066   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 08:10

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Quick one from me bc we are planning to pack and head out in a half hour or so. I just wanted to grab some coffee real quick and sit with you all.

Jaz- sorry about the knee still being swollen. I'm glad you had it looked at though so you know there is nothing huge going on there.

Ugh, family drama! Are you planning on seeing your Mom for the holidays then? I will be seeing mine before the Savannah trip and I am flying my brother out to ATL with me so that we can manage her together. He hasn't seen her in a couple of years so it was time.

Lori- Have fun golfing! Hope your shoulder does well.

Trig- Whoo hoo on getting to plan another trip! You'll be leaving while I am coming home. And so it goes!

Okay Kiddo, you are already doing the self talk about your nibbling, and Jaz reinforced that so I won't jump in much. You see how you are trending. Hugs and more hugs.

As for me, I have been doing a lot of study and thought work this time around with weight loss. I feel like I know the science part really well and I know how to lose weight. What I did not have the slightest clue about (and this is about ME, not you) is how to maintain, how to talk to myself, how to control my thought work and "sh!tty thinking" about myself and about food. I wasn't taught that, I didn't learn it, and I think that is absolutely key. Learning about self sabotage, learning about urges, how they work and how to handle them etc. I am going hard on learning that this time around and I honestly believe it is going to make a big difference for me.

Today was my week weigh in day. I'm down a pound and really happy about that, especially given that I traveled Saturday-Tuesday this week. I am now officially down 11.2 pounds since June 1. My first overall number goal is 11.2 pounds away from here, but I'm far less about the numbers this time around and have no particular end goal in mind. We'll just see where things go.

All right, I gotta get packed up. DH and I are going to have a good time for sure.

Oh! Real quick- you know the friend I went to the FL condo with, who also has the mountain house in North GA? She and her husband just picked up another property this week- A house in Napa, CA. Just crazy. Can't imagine it!
Sponsored Links
  #1067   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 16:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Evening!

I had a nice day on the golf course. Day was beautiful with low humidity and a fresh breeze. We do have a bit of cloudy haze from the fires out west, but it was still a nice day.

Thinking about Nic watching the waves crash on the beach....ahhhhh.....can't wait to see that again. You are in the zone with your eating plan and doing the mind work too. I understand all that in theory, but some of that mind work is beyond me. I admire anyone who can focus enough to do it.

Trig.....getting the RV all ready for another trip! Woohoo! You and hubby will have a great few days away. Hope MIL is doing ok since her stint in the hospital.

Jaz......Oh my..more family drama starring your Mom. That's the way it goes. Things will work themselves out one way or the other. One more day this week for you working girl. Glad to hear that your knees are improving.

---------

I'll be ready to fall into bed at my usual 9 o'clock. I have 8AM tee times for the next 3 days. It's going to be in the 50's tomorrow morning. It'll feel good to put on a light jacket to start the morning.

Sleep well, my friends!
  #1068   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-21, 06:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quickie post as I have been browsing Amazon before coming here!

NIC- Have a AWESOME time! I really love how thoughtful your posts are! Just really thoughtful! I am right there on the self sabotage. I am trying to think of a book I read like 15 years ago :

When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull up a Chair is bestselling author Geneen Roth's witty tell-all about the secret ways we sabotage ourselves every day, as well as an inspired book on how we can learn to live, love and celebrate life no matter what.

It was a great read! I just gave it a plug.

Enjoy your beach time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send a pic!

Trig- - Look at you getting ready to pick up and take off again! WE love the water don't we? Hey I know you are not a big reader- but you might like the above book too!

What are you eating today?

Lori- Of course you are teeing off!!!! Thumbs up on your game! Are you tired when you are done?
Are you still getting Freshly? I got a coupon but I think I am going to pass on it. I just found for just me it was too much.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My knee hurts more today than it did yesterday. I am pretty sure I crunched up the cartridge in there and did some soft tissue damage. It will take a minute. Good news it will heal eventuality with no surgery.

Last night I went to the pool to do "the bike" in the pool for my knee. Had the pool completely to myself. It was great. I took a cup of wine and a magazine with me and just relaxed until the sun went down.

My son is stopping in tomorrow and spending the night and heading out Sunday morning. He was down on vacay in St. Simon. He has fallen in love with the island too! I wished I could have spent more time with him but with a new pooch and a new job- it wasn't in the cards this trip.

Need a quick trip to the grocery on my lunch hour to grab a couple things. I am out of water, and coffee cream, a quick in and out. I need to pick up something to eat for dinner too!

back later...................
  #1069   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-21, 07:23

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

enjoy your golf Lori I know you do and 'a light jacket', WTH? HA don't even get me thinking autumn just yet LOL

Nicco, self talk is key for me. I must 'work it out' and alot of times I learned this just thru chatting on the forum in this thread long long ago. It was like I needed a new vehicle to help me, it can't be 'eat this and you won't crave'....cause damn yea, we still do crave but if we 'talk to us' about what is happening in the moment and don't react til 'we chat it out with ourselves' I found most times I now can easily 'control the evil carb twin' that is screaming this crap is unfair, eat all the crap you want and go on with your life' but in the end, we all know, if you want a healthy diet in this day and age, you have to fight for it and talk to yourself and remind yourself this is WHAT YOU want....your health!!

I am happy for you on your loss! Girl you are in the zone!!! It is a darn nice place to be isn't it? You keep on trucking and you learn to 'talk to you personally' on what it takes to stay there, I learned what it takes for me and believe me, it works! Takes time tho in our personal chats to 'get it totally' and train your brain for new paths to deal with events/issues/ and social stuff etc but in the end, we are all work in progress

Jazz, yea you took the brunt on one knee more than the other....got a longer heal time but you will heal....just baby the darn thing to the ultimate!! Give it the heal time it deserves!

Cool your son is coming for even a fast visit. He is liking your area just like you love it, so I bet you see alot of him flying thru to take his beach trips around your area...neato!

---------------today is finish off rv for fast lake trip.
below is my waterfront lake site for campsite.
pull up, park, swim, kayak, fish, done deal....oh and relax...alot of friggin' relaxing LOL no dog, no kid, can't say it enough HAHA

got a crap ton to handle before we leave monday.

I say over and over, OMG just to go away I gotta set up kid at home....gotta check MIL who is doing great at home now and recovering fine....gotta get this bill paid and that crap handled and and and and....why did I pack up my life with SO much stuff LOL and I am the miminalist type HAHA

oh well, tis what it tis

defrosting NY Strip steaks....finishing off chicken from big roaster chicken I made.....got me some pork chops if wanted. All good in zc meat land here!
over and out and be good all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49FE2111-1641-4FEC-96868F7C548D5B7D.jpg (27.3 KB, 12 views)
  #1070   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-21, 11:32

BF:

Good Afternoon!

OMG....was in such a rush this morning I forgot to pop in here. It is now 1:30 and I'm home from golf and showered and have the washer spinning. Lots of golf clothes to wash so I'm ready for weekend golf! We had a good time today and the two of us played 18 holes in 2 hours and 45 minutes. That is fast! I played really good on some holes and mediocre on others. Not a bad effort.

I'm sipping on an iced coffee with cream and english toffee flavored stevia drops......OMG.....so freakin' good. DH is having corn on the cob and a burger for dinner. Not sure I'll be wanting anything as my friend and I went into the bar after our round for some, ahem, refreshments and I had a tuna melt....so good. Ate the tuna, melted cheese and tomato and left the bread.

Nic.....hope your beach weather is perfect!

Jaz.....How nice to have the pool to yourself and just bob around with a cup of wine......life is good! Hope the knee starts to feel better soon.

Trig.....I feel ya on the so many things to take care of before you can even go away for a few days. DH & I really can't both go away since we have to be sure Betty is taken care of. Our son wants us to go to Key West in February, but depending on where things stand, we won't both be able to be that far away from home. Hope you get all your ducks in a row so you can get away and have fun!

--------

Nothing on the agenda for the afternoon here except laundry and getting DH dinner. A nap may happen too.

Happy weekend!
  #1071   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-21, 04:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Last to post, first to post. I guess I have no life other than posting here and going to the golf course.

Yes, I have just a few minutes before I go chase a little ball around for 4 hours. What will today bring? Who knows? It's always an adventure.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
  #1072   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-21, 06:06

BF:

Good Morning! YAY for Saturdays!!!!!!! I love them!

I gotta get a few things cleaned up real fast before my son rolls in! He will be here about noon and stay until about noon tomorrow then he will head back to Ohio.

I slept like crap last night. Just tossing and turning, not sure why.

Still battling this knee....thinking it may take a week or more.

Trig- I LOVED that pic of your camp site!!!!! You will pull out your fans right? How long does it take you to get set up? LOVE IT!!!! What lake is that, Hartwell?
Ya- get stuff set up so you can put everything out of your mind and just have fun.

Lori- I am spinning laundry too!!!! I am amazed how much I generate. That and trash- for just me!!!!!

Have a fun time this weekend! 50's?!?!?!?! Oh NO.... that is Autumn weather.

NIC- I know you are having a grand time! Would love a beach pic!
Next trip Savannah right?!
-------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Savannah I am pretty shocked I have not spent more time there yet! It just seems every weekend has been sucked up with SOMETHING!

This weekend need to heal up this knee. Not alot of walking, the son will want to walk. Add the fact it is just HOT/Humid here!!! I will take hot over snow though.

Just a hanging out kind of weekend- the kid and I will play board games tonight and hang in.

Dinner- kid is keto too- so we are all good here!!!! Funny he is Keto for health reasons not for weight issues. His gut can't tolerate carbs.

check in later - have a good one!
  #1073   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-21, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day, another round of golf. I'm a bit pi$$ed off and upset because the woman I golf with all the time got drunk and had an altercation with one of the club owners yesterday. The club owner can be a b!tch and I just try to speak to her as little as possible. Well, after I left yesterday, my friend stayed and drank, and drank etc etc. Last evening my friend called me, drunk off her a$$ and started in on how I left and she took the brunt of the owner's b!tchiness....good grief, such drama. Now my friend says she's going to join a different club next year and she's not ever going into the bar/restaurant at our club again, yadda, yadda, yadda. I like playing golf with her, but when she drinks to excess, she's a real pain in the a$$. She called a couple other people who golf there and ranted. I can only imagine what they are thinking. I really don't like being associated with someone who acts like that. Sigh.......why can't we just play golf and act like civilized people? And.....why can't my friend enjoy a cold beer as refreshment and then go home? Why drink 5+ and act like an a$$? Ok.....that's my rant over!

Jaz....Hope you and son had a nice day/evening yesterday. A short visit, but I know you'll have fun. Hope he didn't walk you too much with your bum knees!

Nic....Beach bunny report, please!

Trig....You leave tomorrow, right? Can't wait to hear all about it!

--------

Gotta fly!
  #1074   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-21, 06:37

BF:

Jazz, cool your son eats clean also. Makes life so much easier when visits happen to not have someone eating all the crap around you With a short trip just enjoy some pool time and your board games and relax up that knee!

Lori....oh damn the drama right? Yea that all would irk me too! You listened to all the jawing and BS about it, just leave it as in one ear and out the other LOL Can't do anything about the BS one spews when one is drunk like a skunk!! Feel for ya tho...I hate that kinda crap! We are too friggin' old for that stuff!

Nicco waiting on a check in and hope you are having a blast!

-------packing kayaks into toyhauler today
got me burgers, some small steaks, sausage and beef sticks and some pork for the grill for this fast little trip.

yea Jazz, this one is Lake Hartwell.

have to hit grocery store with kid in a while to outfit her with food on what she wants.

sunny nice day, pack rv and swim in between

have a great day everyone
  #1075   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-21, 13:57

BF:

So irked- Lost another post. Ran out of juice right before I hit submit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summary:
Lori- your golf buddy needs to sober up- apologize to you! I would not that that crap from anyone! Don't care if your drunk- to call you up and talk that way- been there, had that happen. I do not respect or talk to that person. You def don't need that drama!!!!! Plus - when people talk to you that was drunk- I feel they really disrespect you. NOT OK- But hey- your call at the end of the day ya know!!!!!!!

Hope today goes better

TRIG- OMG- Hartwell- you will have a GREAT time! I know you are gearing up for some fun! No people to care for but you! Your hubby is a big boy! No pup/or kids! Just CHILL.
OK to get out the rum and some Jimmy Buffett!!!!!!!!! YES and YES!!!!

NIC- Beach PIC!!!!!- Have fun!!!!!! Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------
Quickie post! Doing laundry like mad. I am on 5th load. 2 sets of bed sheets, 2 loads of towels, and them clothes, and doggie blankets to go. All in all will be 5 loads. But everything will be washed up and good.

It was an ok time with the kid. He rolled in late and tired. We hit up the pool and the heat and humidity was alot and we were both tuckered and went to bed early and didn't chat up much.

This morning though he was more rested and we had a good time on the patio with coffee. It made me sad to see him leave. But then again he wasn't here long enough to annoy me!

Had delivery again for some quick groceries. I had a 20 dollar creat where they over charged me.I complained. They refunded me and gave me a 20 dollar credit. My son did offer to go to store for me but it was a long list and I know better than to send a man to a store............... with my credit card.........

Got some ground beef, sausage, and a 2 pound bag of jumbo deviled and shelled shrimp. Also got 6 gallons of water and 2 bags of veggies and done. I am looking into Berkley water system. Way to go. Just need to do another swing trade with stock to pay for it. it is not cheap.
I want to 3 gallon system with the fluoride filter as well.

I am so grateful for my job and bored as hell. Life is tooooooo short to be tethered to a desk. Seriously- if I am 4 minutes late I am getting beeped- WHERE ARE YOU. It is stressing me out. I will of course work until I find something else. Truth be told I am SO burned out with nursing. Covid did me in. I have a bit of PTSD with it actually and just want to be done I can't see straight.

Issue I want to do something else- but nothing else pays what I am doing............... sighhhhhhhh I know you all over hearing this. But I just wish I could be in that position to just enjoy and stop and get some BS fun thing for insurance.
Reality- can't afford to right now. So I will suck it up and move on.

I have decided that when my lease is up I am moving again. They told me my rent would be 1800-1900 a month............... NOT. My HOUSE payment was 1150. 00 - no thank you.

All in all tooling along and just taking everyday. My knee is ever so slowly healing. Got this cream the pharmacist recommended and said it really works.

Fish and zucchini tonight..... then will sit on patio when it cools down a bit. bit down tonight- not sure I even know why. Do we still have PMS after menopause?????
Sorry to end on Debbie downer........ just being real.....
  #1076   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-21, 14:56

BF:

Golf went fine today. I was very quiet right off the bat and I could tell my friend was feeling embarrassed about calling me last night. Nothing was said about it, but I could just tell she was acting extra nice. After our round, she just got in her car and left. I went into the bar/restaurant and had a bite of lunch and a nice cold beer(ONE!). I talked with some of the old guy members who came in and then I came home. I have no problem going in by myself for a bite to eat and a drink. My friend backed herself into a corner by acting like an a$$ and that is her problem to deal with.

After 6 days in a row of playing, I finally have a day off tomorrow before heading into another 6 day stretch. I want to go to Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow and get a couple of my clubs re-gripped. Trying to talk DH into going along and we can go out for lunch and do something together for a change. We'll see.

Jaz.....What is the cream that was recommended for your knees? Just wondering. Sorry your visit with your DS was so short, but as you said, he wasn't there long enough to get on your nerves.

Nic.....Hope you're not sunburned!!

Trig....Safe travels tomorrow! Did you get DD all stocked up on goodies to eat while you're away?

Have a good evening all!
  #1077   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-21, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Seems like I'm monopolizing this board lately! I'll make this quick. Doing laundry and some other house stuff this morning before heading out to run some errands. It's gonna be a hot, sunny day.

Jaz.....Hope your Monday goes as smoothly as possible.

Trig & Nic.....You two beach bunnies will have good days, I'm sure!

Later!
  #1078   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-21, 05:23

BF:

Waiting on a Nicco fun report update

Jazz, glad you had fun with your son.....hey fast trips are always the best.....no time for any drama HAHA glad you enjoyed the pool!

yea...work...omg right? Work at some point in our lives becomes the biggest friggin' enemy. I know some enjoy working truly but that was never me, I worked friggin' hard at all I did but that day I could say goodbye was the best damn day of my life LOL But you got to build that retirement fund for sure and this is an easy way to do it.

Now you said you are not going to up your lease cause they are gonna hit you up with higher rent......use this time as 'do your work, bank money, THINK LONG and hard about HOW YOU want to change your life in your career!!! Take steps forward to do just that....like can you be come kind of independent contractor that can help patients 'your way' with 'your skills' and you can tackle as many clients as you want and not overload yourself or you can find a new path altogether.....just think on it.....the big question.....WHAT DO YOU really want to do?

Lori.....wow your friend took the silent route LOL
See I am the type that would see you and right off the bat say....damn I am sorry I ranted at you while drunk! And of course rant a bit more about the crap and then apologize to you...and let you have your say on it....I always think when ya crap on someone they need their time to 'get it out' on ya and everyone accepts it and moves forward.....but hey, like ya said it is what it is.....at some point we just have to forget this crap also.

you and DH going out and doing something....cool....I get like that, all of the sudden I rarely see hubby with working his car job and say....take a darn day off, lets go do something. Like I said 'rare' cause I function best on my own HAHA but every now and then like you a nice lunch out or dinner to connect is a good thing.

Hope DH goes out with you

---------------finish stuff in rv
leave around 10....no use flying out of the house....only a 2.5 hr drive, easy peasy and check in for campsite is 1pm....usually can get there about 1-1.5 hrs early and they let ya have your site but can't push too early or they make ya wait...omg

am bringing laptop, might do a check in but this is a very fast trip so everyone be good and chat up later with you guys!!
  #1079   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-21, 06:16

BF:

MONDAY!

NIC
- BEACH REPORT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lori- - Wowsa- I'm with Trig on this one- your "friend" should have come out and apologized. At least clear that elephant in the room and given you the opportunity to accept her apology. But she didn't. Now it will always sorta be there. That sux.
Well, move on and Brush it off. You are a better person!

The cream was recommended by the pharmacist who said "all the altheletes" use it for sports injuries because it really works. It IS working. But it take 2-3 days to "kick in"- but it is working and I feel in working. It's Voltaren, comes in a tube and you don't need alot. It says you can add alot. After working with it is absorbed so much better in small and frequent applications. I use little every few hours and my knee is ALMOST swelling free.

I am still having pain where the nerve hit the concrete and thinking that will take a minute. I actually put a DENT in my knee cap.
Sighhhhhhhh...... but yes- something that actually works and it was 12.99.

TRIG- I am so JELLY!!!!!!!! Enjoy your play days in the sun and sand! I know Hartwell - WELL!!!!! Such a pretty area. ENJOY!
Send a pic once your campsite up. Living vicariously now!!!!!!!
Drive safe! The weather is going to be spectacular.

Loved your work advice. It's right on the money!
-----------------------------------------------------
Laundry all folded and put away. Apt cleaned up and sparkling. Back to the grind today. I am still doing my stock trading which at least keeps me entertained, and makes me some fun money. I keep my personal lap top up right beside my work monitors to watch the markets.

There was a lady at the pool while I was in St. Simon who started her own case management consulting firm in MI. She went to the local doctors offices she knew and got a few on board and BOOM she had a business. She later sold it for quite a few pennies about 6 years later and is now retired and traveling- but I sure hung on every word she said. She is a retired nurse.
Just makes me go hummmmmmmmmmmmm-

Taco meat tonight over a bed of romaine and down. My poor gut is not having cheese with it- but I will toss a spoonful of salsa over it for taste.
I really like the taco seasoning I get. It is hard to find and pretty low in sugar and high in taste. It's "paleo" and preserve free- SIETE. Anyway- It's whats for dinner tonight and tomorrow.

Yeah- I was told they are going to jack my rent to 1800-1900 when this lease is up. No thank you. So I have my thinking cap on again but don't need to make any moves for another year. I signed a 15 month lease so I am locked in until then. I have been here 4 months now. Doesn't seem possible does it?!?!?!

Gotta run! Have fun today all!!!!
  #1080   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-21, 10:53

BF:

Hi!

I've had a whirlwind of a morning! I had Betty's dip made and 2 loads of wash done by 9AM. DH called and said he was leaving his part-time job early today and would run around with me. YAY! We dropped his truck off for an oil change and away we went. Dick's Sporting Goods was a bust as they didn't have any golf grips. I called another one near here and they don't have any either. Sigh.....it never dawned on me that they wouldn't have any. They said the supply chain is messed up for all kinds of things. So.....we went out for breakfast(my request) to Cracker Barrel and it was SO good. I was dying for bacon and eggs cooked by someone else. It just tastes better. We ended up going for a drive and having breakfast. Oh well, it was a couple hours spent together.

When we got home I took DH back to pick up his truck and then he went back to mow grass at the Rec Park and I took some stuff up to Betty. She hadn't had breakfast, so I heated her some pancakes and she was happy as a clam. We get her frozen pancakes that you just microwave and she actually likes them. Some butter and syrup and she's good to go. I'm finally home with my feet up.

Jaz......I have heard of that cream....Voltaren. I think it used to be a prescription thing and I had a friend with arthritic feet and she used to rub it on her feet at night before bed. She swore by it. So glad it's helping your knees.

Ok......that's it from here. I'll have to scare up something for DH for dinner and that'll be the end of my day.

Have a good one!