Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1951   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-14, 09:08

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
Pat, that is fantastic!

I am doing great. Just enjoying my life right now. DH is doing well, grandbabies healthy, I'm good- life is good.
Had great RM last night- salad, shrimp with fennel, small yeast roll with butter, water.
Tonite's- salad, canned green beans (my emergency veggie), 1/2 Cornish game hen, 1/2 bagel with butter, water.
Tomorrow's planned RM: salad, grilled steak, sautéed bok choy, roasted tiny potatoes, water.
Thursday's planned RM: salad, grilled beef sausages, leftover bok choy, roll.

I made some very garlicky chimichuri sauce for the steak and the sausages.

Friday night we are going out with friends to a pretty nice restaurant- I will check the menu before we go.
Saturday night we are going to a friend's house for dinner.

SO foodwise that is the week- RM wise that is. Mornings it's still 2 eggs, coffee, 1 slice of turkey bacon, 1/2 ounce of cheese. Lunch is leftovers from dinner or a salad with protein.

Hope you are all doing well-
E

Sounds like a great week. I LOVE chimichuri sauces

I'm 211.3 this morning, would rather see just 210's or lower, but still it's lower than my current average, so I'll take it

Just had one of my unconventional breakfasts - 2 applegates uncured beef hot dogs, 1/3 of a serving of a paleo chili garlic sauce, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, decaf coffee with 1 oz. half and half.
Sponsored Links
  #1952   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-14, 06:45

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Patricia, JaysDays & Eno!

I'm loving trying to do the CAD plan these days!
I feel almost like a normal person when it comes to my diet now;
although I'm still not 100% perfect always when it comes to my CM's & RM balance.
My rules were: 2 cm's with my favourite protein & vegetables (up to 1 cup mostly at lunch)
My RM to start with a salad & to keep it within <60 g of carbohydrate/ 4 carb servings.. which is a lot really.
I put my salad into a wrap which makes it so easy to eat
with a cup of tea. Its so cold here in Ireland usually.
I found 2 Salad recipes I really enjoy now!

Doing this diet is helping me get my 5 a day fruit and vegetables too!
I need to delete an extra coffee I've been having & do more exercise!
Those are my next progress goals.
So now since March 4th I'm down around 6 pounds; which I'm so thrilled about because I really didn't suffer with hunger or feel like I was 'dieting' as such. In fact I'm finding it so easy to stay away from sweets & desserts for lent
that I feel like I'm almost cheating....no cravings at all!!!

Patricia; I think you've hit the ground running with your blog & you've been
whoosing like crazy!!!
I always read even though I don't always have the chance to reply here!

JaysDays: I know how you feel about not getting to grips with it too well;
I still have a way to go & I think planning your favourite CM's
is half the battle & then just add on a salad & that's a lot done.

Sometimes I go through phases when I lose my appetite completely or can't face breakfast. I don't really like when that happens funnily enough.
Anyways; So I think I'm more than 90% committed to this way of life now
& I mean this for the rest of my life! Its just the way I'm made.
  #1953   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-14, 09:14

MaryH...congrats on the weight loss! I do great on the 5 servings of veggies, but fall down on fruit. Since I can only have fruit once a day at rm, and I tend to not want that for my carb, unless it's summertime when I do eat fruit or fruit and yogurt for my rm dessert.

Weight up this am, but I had a heck of a lot of salt yesterday and more carbs than usual at my rm. I'm still under my current average, so still believe I will have a loss this week.
  #1954   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-14, 13:45

BF:

I think I fall down too on the fruit front come to think about it; but
still 5 vegetable portions is really good I think.
When I wasn't on plan; I found pink grapefruits really helpful to decrease
my appetite and give me loads of energy. I loved how they made me feel so maybe I should try having a half one more often.

I'm loving vegetables at the moment; can't believe I actually want to buy
celery & things like aubergine now whereas before I stuck up my nose.
Actually I stuck up my nose at most food & dinners; all I cared about was
sweet things, cereals, desserts, etc. that kind of thing.
I love how this plan seems to broaden my horizons and is forcing me to
think about cooking proper CMS.

I heard both carbs and salt hold on to extra water alright.
Its great to be able to pin-point it exactly as to why there's weight changes.
I'm sure I'll have days where I'm on the up-swing once again;
I won't ever forget the way I can gain 5 pounds over-night....never!
It will definitely stop me ever feeling smug on this weight loss/health journey!
  #1955   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-14, 14:50

Maryh..that is one wonderful aspect to averaging to get your weight. The ups and downs get more accurately portrayed with that average. It has let me see weeks where my weight loss was as little as 1/4 of a lb.

I too used to mainly love carbs/fat/protein..veggies? Bleah!

Now, I adore my salads and veggies and can appreciate all the flavor each vegetable has

I have had such a long journey to figuring out what works for me, I like sharing what I've learned.
  #1956   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-14, 08:43

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

Hi everyone! Haven't had time to write, but I'm slowly making my way to goal! Last week's average was 134.9 and I weighed 132.9 this morning, my lowest in 10 years
For those who I haven't met, Hi! I started at 176 in May 2013, reached a solid 140 by November, maintained that for months, and am still creeping down, just slowly. I eat CALP style automatically every day and never feel deprived or uncomfortably full anymore (a common occurrence when I ate however I wanted.)

Pat ~ you are doing so amazing! I am so happy for you
  #1957   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-14, 08:50

Amy that is awesome!!! I am very happy for you!
  #1958   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-14, 11:26

BF:

Hi Amy,
Your doing a super job with sticking to it also. That must be an incredible feeling to be so near to goal.

Today I'm embarrassed to say I fell off the wagon last night after doing fine for 33 days...
I had about 3 bowls of cereal instead of a proper RM along with some other stuff!! (i.e. too much to mention)
Totally spoke too soon about not having any cravings.
I'm not making excuses for myself but where I fell down was due
to extreme tiredness & not having the correct food in the house.
My sleeping patterns has been way off & I just felt super exhausted so fell into an old habit of going after something to give me a lift food wise.
I ran out of foods to have for a proper CM meal or snack also.
Such a bad idea. I must have the correct food or else I will fail for sure.

I just know this is a life long journey & I can expect myself to back-slide
as I'm only human. I'll probably struggle in these ways all my life if I'm not taking extreme care of my diet.
All night long I felt horrible, I think I even woke up with a kind of heart burn & today I'm super bloated and uncomfortable.
Urrrrghh! So not worth it!
Hoping to continue on properly with it today; went shopping at last so stocked up on correct food.

Patricia; I love how you share your journey; I've learned a lot from you!
  #1959   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-14, 11:43

Back to the 210's today - which feels much better emotionally than high 211's or low 212's..lol.
Today my weight is 210.4.

Having a new health issue potentially, seeing my cardiologist sooner than I expected, but I still think he'll be pleased with how much I've lost since my last apt. It's 20 lbs. as of today's weight. Not bad since December.

Made a batch of gluten-free scones a couple of days ago. They are way too large, so many calories. Took me until the second rm to properly balance the amount of carbs in my rm. Next time I make this recipe, I won't use an 8 scone pan, I'll roll them out and cut them a lot smaller!!

Mary - if I'd learned that lesson sooner I'd be so much happier. Keeping your pantry stocked with foods you can quickly prepare or grab when you are tired and need a good cm, is key.
  #1960   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-14, 20:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 166/166/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Today I'm embarrassed to say I fell off the wagon last night after doing fine for 33 days...
I had about 3 bowls of cereal instead of a proper RM along with some other stuff!! (i.e. too much to mention)
Totally spoke too soon about not having any cravings.
I'm not making excuses for myself but where I fell down was due
to extreme tiredness & not having the correct food in the house.
My sleeping patterns has been way off & I just felt super exhausted so fell into an old habit of going after something to give me a lift food wise.
I ran out of foods to have for a proper CM meal or snack also.
Such a bad idea. I must have the correct food or else I will fail for sure.

Hi MaryH,

I totally understand. I am starting over again after many weeks of not following the rules. You are not alone.

Last edited by JaysDays : Sun, Mar-30-14 at 00:58.
  #1961   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-14, 07:07
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
on my way out the door for a walk but looked here first-

I think one of the most important things to learn is that when you "fall off" the plan or "slide"- to catch yourself as soon as possible and get right back on plan. It is so easy to talk yourself out of being on plan- especially after a slip-
but so much better to stop the slip from turning into a disaster. Pat could be a poster child for this- maybe Pat will tell you her story.
So Amy and Maryh- hang in and give yourself credit for what you are doing. AMY- great to hear from you too! Pat- you continue to amaze!

We had a nice dinner out last night- at a friend's house- kale salad, salmon, broccoli, rolls, then cheesecake. DH had two kinds of cheesecake- peanut butter and plain. I had just the plain. He has a plate of cheesecake in the fridge- if he does not eat it I may have it for RM carb. Or not!

Have a great day-
E
  #1962   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-14, 07:47

Default New one day low

Yes...my first sub-210! Barely I am 209.9 this am and I am smiling!!
  #1963   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-14, 08:47

New average is 210.87 - just a teense over 70 lbs. to 140 the goal weight that I will probably go for. I look forward to these next 11 lbs. leaving

Had a wonderful chicken recipe last night - later will see if I can find an online link for it to post here.

Tonight, making a recipe we saw on a cooking show this weekend for "drip beef" (Pioneer Woman's show). Chuck roast with pepperocini's is the gist of the recipe.

I used soup bones to make some beef broth for it, last night. It's a shame but there just isn't a clean, low sodium broth (beef, and it's almost impossible to find the one brand of chicken that I found) that I can buy.
  #1964   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-14, 17:22

BF:

Thanks for the understanding JaysDays; It really does help to know we're all not in this thing alone! Wish you all the success in the world too!

Thanks Eno so much for the encouragement; Your words have actually
came back to haunt me on many occasions over the years; During my years off plan I remembered what you said about your friend slipping up & never managed to get back on... I remembered these things you spoke about. So thanks.
Happy to say I'm back on course for the past two days & just am appreciating the peace it brings to my life.
I will take your advice for sure & not let this slip up become a back-slide.

Patricia; I went through the forums past & found your chicken curry recipe & have wrote it down in my notebook. Can't wait to try it!
I heard all the curry spices like turmeric are so good for us!
  #1965   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-14, 17:56

BF:

Oh Patricia; just read your blog there!
It really touched my heart actually; I found it really moving.
Like you I think my problems began when I was around 9/10 too;
I'm actually lighter now than I was then.
I blame my 'cereal' habit for a lot of it;-Cornflakes in particular!
I was very active too, not lazy but just had a huge appetite. Obviously I'd go to some lengths to get my hands on sweets also!!
I also visited my uncle once for maybe 8 days; who brought in nice things for me for my visit; (I remember a lot of chocolate biscuits,,lol) I think I must have shocked him when I practically ate him out of house and home... At another relatives house, I ate ALL their chocolate biscuits and got badly scolded for it! I was so ashamed!
When I came home from my Uncles house; my Mother couldn't get over my weight gain & called me
her 'little rolleen of butter' & like a 'little barrel'... {Irish people tend to put -een to the end of a lot of words}
I can see the funny side now but I was devastated.
I also threw an absolute hissy fit when I could no longer fit into my favourite blue jeans. I remember my Dad trying to be very reassuring that 'I was just big boned like him'.... . He died then in a car accident when I was 10 & I suppose I was like a little drug addict for sweets after that.
School was like a little bear pit & I was constantly in fights & just on the receiving end of a whole lot of nastiness!!
I think it does change you as a person; it affects your personality too.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; The whole weight journey can feel so long & lonely at times & your progress & endurance is so inspiring.
I've decided this is my way to go for life now too!!!
Closed Thread