Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 04:45
Registered Member

Plan: Fourth phase Atkins
Stats: 160/116/124 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Vanilla Cheesecake Video

Hey everyone!

I posted a video of myself baking a low carb New York style Baked Vanilla Cheesecake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6_r...ature=youtu.be

Please let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 05:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jilly, and welcome.

Your video cannot be seen (here, at least), so can you please post the recipe itself?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 05:16
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Oh no!
es ofcourse!
For the base I used 1 ounce pecans, 1 ounce almonds and 1 ounce walnuts, and chopped them all up together. I mixed them with 3 ounces of ground almonds, melted butter (as much as it takes), a few tablespoons of dessicated coconut, a bit of splenda, and a couple of teaspoons almond extract. (So just do it all to taste) I found the almond extract really made all the difference - made an almost marzipan taste.

I then squished this into the base of a tin (one of those ones where you can undo it at the side) and baked it in the oven for 10 mins.

Then for the filling, I used two tubs of Tesco Lighter Mascarpone (each 250g) and one tub of Philadephia Light (200g), and creamed them together. I used a wooden spoon as my electric whisk is broken. I added I think about 15 tablespoons of granulated Splenda - but can't actually remember exactly - again, do it to taste. I then beated in 4 eggs, one at a time. Then I added about 2 and a half cap fulls of vanilla extract. Then I added a 300ml tub of Tesco double cream, and a 300ml tub of Tesco Whipping cream. I poured this over the base, and cooked at 150 degrees in the oven for an hour. Towards the end, I added blueberries on top, and let them cook too.
I then turned off the oven, and left it in there to sit in its own heat for half an hour.
I then left it to cool at room temperature, then put it in the fridge for 24 hours.
I removed it from its tin once it had been refridgerated.

It was extremely creamy in the middle, and more cooked on the outside, so was a nice combination of textures. But if you want it less creamy in the middle - cook it for longer.

Tadaaa!! :-D
Please let me know what you think!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 08:44

Plan: south beach
Stats: 168/168/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 0%

Could not see it either.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-12, 03:48
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

OK, for the cheesecake, not including the base, the entire thing is 3883 calories (not including the eggs, and using 500g Sainsbury's Mascarpone,200g Be Good To Yourself Soft Cheese, 300ml Whipping Cream, 300g Weight Watchers double cream, 16 tablespoons splenda) And a total of 52.5 carbs.

The cheesecake is massive and has I would say 12 large portions. So 4.375 carbs per portion, and 323.58 calories!

The base will vary depending on what you use!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 02:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

The recipe was actually slightly different - that was what I did the first time I made it! In the video I did this:

Oh no!
es ofcourse!
For the base I used 1 ounce pecans, 1 ounce almonds and 1 ounce walnuts, and chopped them all up together. I mixed them with 3 ounces of ground almonds, melted butter (as much as it takes), a few tablespoons of dessicated coconut, 16 tablespoons of splenda, and a couple of teaspoons almond extract. (So just do it all to taste) I found the almond extract really made all the difference - made an almost marzipan taste.

I then squished this into the base of a tin (one of those ones where you can undo it at the side) and baked it in the oven for 10 mins.

Then for the filling, I used 500g mascarpone and 200g of soft cheese (I use Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself)), and creamed them together with 16 tablespoons of granulated Splenda - but can't actually remember exactly - again, do it to taste. I then beated in 4 eggs, one at a time. Then I added about 2 and a half cap fulls of vanilla extract. Then I added a 300ml tub of Tesco double cream, and a 300ml tub of Tesco Whipping cream. I poured this over the base, and cooked at 150 degrees in the oven for an hour. Towards the end, you could add blueberries on top if you want, and let them cook too.
I then turned off the oven, and left it in there to sit in its own heat for half an hour.
I then left it to cool at room temperature, then put it in the fridge for 24 hours.
I removed it from its tin once it had been refridgerated.

It was extremely creamy in the middle, and more cooked on the outside, so was a nice combination of textures. But if you want it less creamy in the middle - cook it for longer.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 03:25

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Here's the link to your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6_rxIKgtk

The video was great - you spoke clearly and it seemed well paced. You look so slim - a very good advert for the Atkins diet, for sure. I was glad to see your dad tucking in at the end - that's a good sign!

Good luck with your next videos.

Last edited by Kirsteen : Tue, Jul-17-12 at 04:00.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 07:39
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thankyou Kirsteen!! That's very kind of you!
Haha yes I think my dad was the best bit!

I just did another video too: Heya!

I just recorded another video - this time making Hot Cross Bun style Cookies!

I hope you like it! They are so delicious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdW...eature=youtu.be
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 07:40
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Also, how did you manage to make the URL work for the US?
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 08:22

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I first found your video by searching on Youtube, then I just copied the link from the browser bar. :0)

I don't know what was wrong with your cheesecake link, but I am in the UK and it didn't work for me either. Your hot cross bun link works fine though. :0)
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 12:51
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Sorry its not 16 tablespoons of splenda in the base! Its only 4!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 14:07
Lets Do This!

Plan: Atkins/ Gastric Bypass
Stats: 346/218/190 Male 5'11"
BF:All Over!!!
Progress: 82%

Wow, that was a fantastic video and your cheesecake looks great, I may just give it a try. It was fun seeing your dad be the taste tester. Keep up the great work, your VERY beautiful and very easy to watch. Thank you!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 15:09
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thankyou so much for being so lovely and supportive! I hope you do try the cheesecake!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 20:30

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
Here's the link to your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6_rxIKgtk

The video was great - you spoke clearly and it seemed well paced. You look so slim - a very good advert for the Atkins diet, for sure. I was glad to see your dad tucking in at the end - that's a good sign!

Good luck with your next videos.

Great video. I would suggest you change your youtube video settings so that you can approve comments before they are posted so that you don't have to tolerate ignorant post from viewers.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-12, 01:39
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Good idea! Thankyou! Haha. Changing the settings nows.