Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-09, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

You are right! How could I have forgotten the garlic, of course, lots of garlic.

I think I've found a way to make LC Latkis. I fried a batch of 4 eggs; one carton of Shamenet and sweetener.

Have not figured out how to make LC Sufganiyot. Luckily I never really liked them.

any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-09, 15:04

Exclamation Atkins went mainstream in Israel

Hey everyone! Have you been following the Klalit site? Atkins has finally been recognize as a good diet! Following the results of the Kamag study, Atkins is now Okay! Time for us to come out of the closet and parade! No fighting nose sniffers anymore ("it's not healthy" comments)! Now we can demand low carb food in supermarkets!

See:
http://www.clalit.org.il/HE-IL/Wome...es/wondiert.htm

#108   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-10, 18:22

Tara is now selling l/c whip cream. I don't know why they call it "sweet" since it has no added sweetener. The have less carbs than HaBayet Halavan, which I have been using till now.

By they way, how is everyone doing?

I've lost most of what I gained while pg, and now bfing and doing only maintenance I've been wobbling. I almost reached pre pg weight (60 kg) and now I am back up to 64. I found that losing does affect milk production.
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-10, 22:52

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondacop
You are right! How could I have forgotten the garlic, of course, lots of garlic.

I think I've found a way to make LC Latkis. I fried a batch of 4 eggs; one carton of Shamenet and sweetener.

Have not figured out how to make LC Sufganiyot. Luckily I never really liked them.

any ideas?

Latkes: Instead of making pancakes out of potatoes, you could make pancakes out of summer squash (like courgettes, aka zucchini), or grated radish (daikon works well). There are recipes in the kitchen forum.

By the way, it's wonderful that you've been able to maintain a healthy weight through pregnancy and beyond! Well done and GOOD for YOU!
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 17:40

We should have a kosher l/c recipe thread. There is not much I can do with the advice for pork rinds or buttered meat.

Pg was not bad at all. I was not nauseous, so I ate l/c normally and only added fruit and once in a while some whole wheat bread. I ate lots of meat, had a nice hemoglobin as a result. I refused to take the glucose test. The medical staff went berserk over that one, said I was the first and could not understand why I wouldn't do it. I explained that even if I have gestational diabetes their solution is diet, and my diet is even stricter than theirs! Not long ago, I also read that I probably would have had a false positive, since my body is not used to this amount of sugar. In order to get a true result from a GTT test a l/c person must eat carbs a few days in advance.
So, Az Lo!
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 20:05

Pessah coming!

Anyone try this recipe for LC macaroons?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recip...nut%20Macaroons

It looks easy.
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 22:29

I've never seen frozen coconut meat at a market, so I wouldn't be likely to try this recipe. If you used dried, unsweetened coconut you would have to rehydrate it first, I think, or the macaroons wouldn't be moist. Or you could try fresh, grated coconut.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 06:52

Yes I was unsuccessful at finding that part. O.K too much of a hassle, forget it.
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-10, 02:54

Stats: 183/174/143 Female 5"4  (1.63 CM)
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default what to eat?

hi everyone..
im from tel aviv and doing the atkins ,,, but i am so bored with the same food all the time.... do you have anything that you like to eat to break this feeling? dont want to go back to eat bread ... but very bored
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-10, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryurach
hi everyone..
im from tel aviv and doing the atkins ,,, but i am so bored with the same food all the time.... do you have anything that you like to eat to break this feeling? dont want to go back to eat bread ... but very bored

Check out the "recipes" section of this site. There's lots of great recipes there!

recipes
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-10, 18:24

Ryurach! Hi! Glad to have you join! Good luck on your journey to health and fitness!

This is the main reason for posting here - on those forms with recipes they don't have the problems we have:
1. Kosher - most of the recipes are not kosher.
2. Availability - most of the products are not available. It is hard or expensive to buy most low carb products. Local products have a different carb content then written in these recipes.
3. Religious need - most of our traditional foods are high carb and need substitutes.
4. Culture - Israel is way into low fat and we need to deal with that. Only recently has the Kamag experiment started to change that, but mainstream has yet to catch up.

In what way are you bored?
What stage are you at? What would you like? More desserts, more main meals? Ideas for at work or on a trip?
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 11:18

BF:

Hi sondacop
thanks for your answer, right now i am on my 2nd week of the diet but this is not the first time to do it. last time i lost 10 kilo , so now i am back on it.
lost 3 kilo this week.
my problem is with lunch. usualy i eat meat or chicken with salad but i want to change it to a hot vegi dish because i am bored with the salad.
also deserts, i am eating low racb jelo with whiped cream something like ones a week, but wants something alse....
i know i am just starting but i found out that this diet works best for me ; i feel better when i dont eat carbs (but i love carbs)
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-10, 16:51

Hot veggies are fine! On induction you can have any kind of leafy veggies. There is a lot to explore cooking cabbage. You can move on to cauliflower and broccoli, boiled or baked, with different spices. With veggies there is a lot to vary.
As for deserts, make Cheese cake! I use 2 38% fat Tarra whip cream, Mix in sweetener, flavor (coco powder, coffee, diet tarkiz cinnamon, mint extract) and 2 packets of gelatin soaked for 20 minuets and heated in the microwave. I pour into a plastic pan and leave it in the fridge for 6 hours, yummy. You can also use the gelatin to make jello - I mix it with diet "tarkiz". I prefer Yachin, sold at supersol deal. 6.30 shekel with lots of different flavors. I like the apple, grape and pineapple the best.
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-10, 03:25

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Cheese cake

your recipe sounds good. I'd like to try it. Can you just give a few more details on it's preparation. you don't whip the topping? thanks. Linda
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-10, 02:24

BF:

ye..the Cheese cake sounds really good. i will try it ... thanks a lot