Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/204/185 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 81%
Question LC Resources in Milwaukee, NE Wisconsin area?

Hello Wisconsin People,

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but I'm originally from Milwaukee and I often travel there to visit with family. I'm looking for suggestions on restaurants and food stores in the Milwaukee area or the I-43 corridor which I travel regularly.

We do have a few large grocery stores in the U.P. that carry a small selection of LC products. My favorites are Atkins and LeCarb ice cream and Natural Ovens Golden Crunch Low-Carb Bread.

My Mom and I love to go out to eat so I'd love to find some Milwaukee area restaurants with a low-carb menus. I'd also like to stock up on low-carb groceries. When I was in Milwaukee over Thanksgiving I found a few LC items at a Jewel Food Store. Does anyone know of any particular stores that carry lots of Atkins or other LC brands?

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks for sharing,

Mel
---
Lost almost 40 pounds and feeling so much better!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 21:28

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up

I'm from Wisconsin. My husband and I found a ton of stuff at Wal-Mart...a Super Center. Chocolate, snacks, pasta, ice cream, frozen dinners, bake mix, pancake mix...nuts. It was crazy...we were like 21 kids in a candy store. Just have to be careful how much we eat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:31

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 278/266/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default NE Wisconsin here

Hello! I live in NE Wisconsin, a little town within 45 minutes of the UP border! Single female, 38, no kids.

I just joined the low-carber forums, just found it. I am on day 13 of Atkins Induction, lost 12 so far.

Chris
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 15:42

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 182/182/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I Don't Know If You Travel As Far South As Kenosha. It's The Last City On I94 Before You Get Into Illinois. It Is About 35 Minutes South Of Milwaukee. There Is A Woodman's Grocery Store At The Intersection Of I-94 And Hwy 50. They Have Anything You Could Be Looking For. Good Luck
Go Pack Go
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

hey, i get stuff at sam's club, wal-mart...pretty much anywhere. mostly i eat whole foods, so it's pretty easy to buy those anywhere.

as for restaurants...i just try to do the best i can. buffets are great 'cause you can pick and choose from such a variety.

oh, and i'm from neosho, a little town in dodge co., about an hour NW of milwaukee. i go to UWM.