Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 21:15
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Lightbulb New TDC Fitness Challenge!!

Time to get serious about exercise?

Join our Second TDC Fitness Challenge!

A group of your fellow TDC members decided to form our own challenge two months ago, and it’s been a great motivator to make a real commitment to our health. Our goals have been to increase our physical fitness over the course of eight weeks without incurring any kind of injury.

Some of us feel overwhelmed by other fitness challenges all over the forum, many with participants half our size working on six-pack abs. There is no minimum level of activity here that is too small. Wherever you’re at with your exercise, we want to encourage you that you can take the next step.

Here are some of the things our first Challenge graduates had to say about exercise …
DusterCat says: “I really believe exercise goes hand-in-hand with eating right for good health, and after all, we're trying to establish a good WOL, not just to lose weight. We want to be healthy! And I'm willing to bet that each of us Challengers is healthier than we were seven weeks ago; I know I am. It's hard to change bad habits into good ones, and the support of this Challenge has been invaluable for me.”

Marebear says: “…I love how exercising makes me feel. That is my payoff. There is nothing like the rush of endorphins through your body after a great workout. I feel strong, confident, and ready to face anything. I believe that anyone can do some form of exercise, no matter what their weight or mobility. Just start a little bit at a time and increase as you are able. You don't have to be a fanatic about it, but consistency is important, and you will make progress.”

“Before I started exercising my legs and knees hurt all the time. I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes without pain. By the end of the day even standing to cook supper was incredibly painful. Walking a short ways left me winded and red-faced. Now there is a lot less pain in my legs and knees and even at the end of the day I can cook with no pain. I can walk more without getting winded and don't avoid it.”

Our challenge is not about going from no activity to stair-stepping for 120 minutes straight in two months. We want to take reasonable steps to improve our health and stay motivated to keep moving.

Our New Challenge starts Friday, September 26th and will continue for eight weeks. Why not join us? We’d love the company!

Sign up here and I’ll contact you when the official thread is open on the Countdown, Buddies and Challenges sub forum.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 21:24
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

i'd love to give it a go but i will be in texas for right at two weeks of it :/

Crysania
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 05:24

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I would love to join up. I need that extra motivation.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 07:23
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Count me in - I have an expensive treadmill that I really haven't gotten my money's worth out of yet.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 07:59

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%

Monika,

I would love to join the challenge. You read my mind; I need to do more than I'm doing.

---Carichie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:25

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Monika,
Count me in too
I sent you a PM.
Mary
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/248/160 Female 65 "
BF:

I will do it too. I've been a little better lately, but accountability always helps!
Mary Alice
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 10:00
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I just started walking the last two weeks; I will try to walk once a day during work (ha, maybe have a good excuse for a break).

And I did my first hike yesterday (about two miles). It really seemed to help as the sun must have boiled the water out of me because this morning the old scale claimed I had dropped THREE POUNDS!!

Already, the little walking I've done has helped improve my energy level noticeably. I've actually not felt dead tired at night a few times! Wow! That's a real change!

Let's go for it!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 12:59
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I'd like to join too.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 17:00

Plan: M&E's
Stats: 310/241/180 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:Lord have mercy!
Progress: 53%

This is such a good idea! I'm so happy I found this website! Yes, please count me in too, I haven't officially started any exercise yet,, and this will give me enough time to go and buy that portable CD player that I've been wanting for when I start walking. I think that walking will not only be a great form of exercise but some GREAT "me" time too! Can't wait to start..

Thanks!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 17:11
Contributing Member

Stats: 360/353/160 Female 66.5 in
BF:don't have a clue!
Progress: 4%

Count me in! It's the perfect opportunity to get started!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:46

Stats: 340/287/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Count me in. I may actually get in a pool!

Sassy
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 00:00
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Talking This is great!!

I'm so happy to see so many of you want to join up for our second challenge ... this is going to be really fun!

I'm looking forward to getting to know some new faces (avatars?!) and learning from everyone. I bet we'll motivate each other in countless ways.

If you’d like, spend a little time thinking about your goals for Week One. Think about where you are right now, and in what way you’d like to challenge yourself. Some Challengers will already be at a high level of activity and simply need to keep committed to the routine. Others, like me, are working on increasing their activity a little bit each week.

Is there anything you have to do before you’re ready to take on this commitment to yourself? (arranging for childcare, unburying the exercycle, finding the sneakers, etc.) Do these things now and get those obstacles out of your way!

PS - Check out my hip 'TDC Fitness Challenge' graphic! Mary (Marebear), an inspirational veteran from our first round, created three different designs for us to choose from ... something for everyone! In our official thread, I'll have instructions on how to add one to your signature line, if you like.

Last edited by AntiM : Mon, Sep-22-03 at 00:08.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 08:30

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Well, now that my back is pretty much healed up, I think I could use a good challenge!

Count me in Monika! (And thanks for organizing it!)

I'll tell ya, my first goal is to get back into the routine of going to Curves. I should be released by the doc to return to it today-- fingers-crossed! I just need to remember to take it easy so that I don't reinjure my back (non-exercise related injury).

Take care all!
Nikki
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 08:58

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

where's the official thread?

Please sign me up. I am doing really well now but would love to join and do MORE.