Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 10:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255.5/246.5/170
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile New Year....New Me!

Let's see.....I began gaining weight (I think) when I was about 10. I remember my mom sending me out to the bus stop in this really tight red shirt that I hated because it showed all my bumps and lumps. I will never forget that day for as long as I live. And that began my 20 years of being overweight.

I continued to gain weight and as a senior in high school I was unable to fit into all the "cool" clothes like all my friends. I was always in Macy's clothes, you know, the old lady clothes even all through High School! When me and my girlfriends would go to the mall, we would try on all the cool clothes. I would grab some, go in the dressing room and "pretend" to try them on. I knew none of them would ever fit me, but I didn't want even my best friend to know I couldn't fit into these clothes. How sad as I look back on it today.

After my son was born I think I was close to 270 pounds. I couldn't believe that this was my body! How could this happen? This can't be my body. I would walk past a mirror at the mall or someplace and think..."no way, the mirror must be distorted!"
I'm tired of being the heaviest person in a room. I no longer want to feel as though my fat is always the center of attention. I am sick of thinking other people (after I leave the room) are saying "that poor girl, she has such a pretty face. Why doesn't she do anything about her weight."

All during the times of my seperation, divorce and then my father's cancer, I was forever on a diet. Diet Center, Weight Watchers, TOPS, you name it...I tried it! I did well for the first few days and then something inside me would say...nope, you're staying heavy because you're not worthy. Well, thank God times change!

Now I have a wonderful 15 year old son, a new husband of two months and two great step daughters! I've begun living my new life and began Atkins almost two weeks ago. This is my time to help myself. Everyone else is all set, now it's all me!

I feel totally engergized. I'm never hungry and haven't really "craved" a thing! It's awesome. I even went through Christmas and New Years without any problems. I can do this as so many other people have also done it.

I would appreciate any help/advice that anybody has to help me through this. I would love to also help motivate anyone who may need it.

It's been 20 years since I lugged around these rolls and it's time they came off!!! It's my time.

I will post my "after" picture...at the 50 pound mark!

-wings
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 11:17
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hello Wings...

Welcome to a great place for motivation, advice and support! You and I -- and probably LOTS of people here -- have much the same story. And you and I have similar stats....you can add 60 pounds to my starting figure because I had already lost that when I found this sight. Your final goal is where I'm at right now...and boy, can I inspire you any more to STAY THE COURSE!!

This is a whole new life...everything changes when your self image, and your physical image changes. You sound like you're off to a good start, getting through the holidays and all. And if you're finding this WOE easy and satisfying, you'll be fine. It's the best decision I've made for my health, in lots of ways.

You know how to do Atkins, right? You're drinking an ocean of water every day??? Vitamins?? Also, are you staying on induction for a while longer or are you moving on to OWL??

Please stay in here with us, check in every day and start a journal for your foods and progress. It's very helpful.

Have a great "losing" week... And congrats on the new husband and kids!! This sounds like the start of lots of good things for you!

#3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 12:59

Stats: 181/164/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

What a totally inspiring post. So glad to hear that so many happy and good things are happening in your life.

Keep up the great LC job and I'm looking forward to your posting your picture at 50 pounds.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 13:03

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Hi~ *s*

So glad you are here and doing this for yourself~ Being happy and living the life you want can give you the added strength you need to take good care of yourself. I wish you every success,,.......will be stopping in to see how you are doing........I have some pics somewhere in my journal...........took a lot of courage to post them there but I felt better afterwards.........an admission of reality somehow~
Take care and I hope you have a great day~
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 14:18

Stats: 255.5/246.5/170
BF:
Progress: 11%

Donna, Marie and Allura...

Wow!!! What an inspiration you are to me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. You have no idea how awesome and all inspiring that is for me!

I will work on figuring out how to post my picture. Still very new at this site! Hope you all have a great day and keep to your new way of life!

-Michelle