Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 09:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Jazzercise

Does anyone here Jazzercise??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

*raises an enthusiastic hand* I do! I do!!

*LOVE* it. It's so not what I thought it was going to be. I had the stereotypical image of Olivia Newton John in the thong-style leotards, leg warmers and headbands while wearing too much blush and 80's music blaring. LOLOL!!

In reality- it's fantastic. Warm up, awesome aerobic stint, weight lifting, abs, stretch too all current music. The routines are fun, easy to learn, and you get as much out of it as you put in. I'm really glad I gave it a shot and I've been a 4-6 times a weeker ever since.

So much so...I'm seriously entertaining the idea of becoming an instructor

Are you Jazzercising, QueenBee?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-08, 15:42

Plan: Low Carb, playing with IF
Stats: 125/125/115 Female 60IN
BF:24%/24%/17%
Progress: 0%
Default I was JUST about to post this very question!!!

I freaking LOVE Jazzercise. It was one of the first exercise classes that I ever went to (when I was 18) and it has been my fav hands down since then. I have even taught kickboxing and I still like Jazz better!

Brook - I am going to be an instructor as well. I was asked a couple years ago at my old Jazzercise, but I was too scared. I am ready now.

For anyone that is considering trying it out, just know that the classes vary depending on where you go. In my hometown, there is a huge Jazzercise group, the instructors are all different ages, and they worked you HARD.

I moved for a year and the Jazzercise there was...well....the ladies all had bright tights on with legg warmers and leotards that went up their a$$ - I kid you not! I went to a morning class there, which I guess catered to the "mature folks" and they booed me right out of the class! I was used to such higher intensity so I really pushed my self.

The good thing is that if you go to the main web site and do a search, there is usually a class every 15 - 20 miles or so from each other. So you can try them all and see which class fits your fitness level.

Queenbee- Good luck to you and I hope you are still going to class!!

Irie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

That's awesome, Irie!

Well, I *am* in training. I have been for about 5 weeks now. The workshop is in April here and I'll be there with bells on to certify!

It's been challenging and I'm getting in awesome shape. I've been busting out an average of 2 workouts a day just to get in good enough cardio shape to be able to talk without huffing and puffing through one. LOL

I say go for it Irie!