Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:01

Plan: Low Carb in general.
Stats: 160/144/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 46%
Question Walk Away The Pounds

Anybody doing the Walk Away The Pounds video by Leslie Sansone? Just curious of your results and how you feel. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 07:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/194.5/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi,
I did the Leslie Sansone tapes abaot 2 yrs ago combined with a "controlled carb type of diet ie, lc bread no suger or processed carbs kinda thing. When I started the tapes I was hovering around 198 size 16.
That was in Jan 2003 , By June of 2006 i was down to 158 but i was wearing a size 8.
I found the tapes fun and easy to stick to. The reason for this was I am not coodinated enough to go through a regular aerobic workout tape I litterally fell on my butt with one in particular. lol

But, I am sorry to say that i fell off the wagon and gained it back this time around doing Atkins and realizing I have to make it my lifetime woe.
Good luck with the tapes.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 11:08

Plan: Low Carb in general.
Stats: 160/144/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergirlk
Hi,
I did the Leslie Sansone tapes abaot 2 yrs ago combined with a "controlled carb type of diet ie, lc bread no suger or processed carbs kinda thing. When I started the tapes I was hovering around 198 size 16.
That was in Jan 2003 , By June of 2006 i was down to 158 but i was wearing a size 8.
I found the tapes fun and easy to stick to. The reason for this was I am not coodinated enough to go through a regular aerobic workout tape I litterally fell on my butt with one in particular. lol

But, I am sorry to say that i fell off the wagon and gained it back this time around doing Atkins and realizing I have to make it my lifetime woe.
Good luck with the tapes.

Thanks for your response. I have the tapes on VHS but I'm looking for them on DVD. We no longer have a VCR downstairs (only a DVD player) so I'm on my own for now; doing it by memory. I think it gets a little boring after a while but I can't seem to stay motivated without them.

Yes, I gained all my weight back from the first time around, too, but I'm going to stick to it this time. The WOE and the exercise. I have to...I'm not young and the ol' metabolism just barely drags me along anymore.

Good luck to you.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 06:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

Hi I was just wondering(since I am new to this) will walking help take the weight off everywhere? A freind told me that if I am only walking and running I will not loose my tummy problem,but would have great legs.Is this true?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-06, 05:47

Plan: No Sugar
Stats: 205/152/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

My first post! Eeek.

I started Leslie Sansone's tapes a year and a half ago and I think they're wonderful . I've lost about 55 pounds, simply by doing them six days per week and cutting out sugar.

I alternate her two mile tape and her three mile one that uses 2 pound weights. Mine are VHS but she also has DVD's out that can be ordered on the net or found at Wal-Mart.

As for tummy fat -- well I still have some but then I have about 25 pounds to lose, too. Fat is fat. Everything I've read suggests that fat is lost from the entire body -- there's really no such thing as spot reducing -- so, I wouldn't worry about it coming only from the legs. I lost my 55 pounds from all over but I still have a little bit of fat all over, too.

I have a dance background so I enjoy the more complicated videos like Richard Simmon's tapes but on most days I stick to Leslie's just for the sheer simplicity. No matter how much I have on my mind I can still do them. I also like Leslie herself -- unlike some others, she's never shrill or obnoxious -- she gives me the feeling that she's on my side and non-judgmental

Now I'm just waiting for her to release something new. After doing the same tapes about two hundred times I would welcome a little change.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 07:37

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

I love Walk away the pounds. Walk Jog is my favorite.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 21:57

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 12/06/04 Female 5' 1.5
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockss
Hi I was just wondering(since I am new to this) will walking help take the weight off everywhere? A freind told me that if I am only walking and running I will not loose my tummy problem,but would have great legs.Is this true?

Apparently there is no such thing as spot reduction. Exercise and low-carbing will burn fat off everywhere, even the tum.

Fat storage in the abdominal area is typical of insulin-resistance. Low carbing tends to reduce insulin resistance, so the tummy will eventually go. Be prepared to be patient, though - it probably won't happen overnight!

Anyway, what's the matter with having great legs?

Rachel
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-06, 05:21
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

Something that also helps is to learn some pilates moves. While you are walking you can keep your core tight (imagine trying to have your belly button touch your spine) hold that the ENTIRE time you walk or do any type of exercise. It really does help...
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 02:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

i have several of leslie's workouts (power walking system, power firm, walk away the pounds - fat burning, walk away the pounds for abs) and i like them, but i get bored with them rather quickly. she also gets on my nerves a little, but that's me. right now i'm mostly doing turbo jam (i love it) but i'm also mixing in a 3 mile walk with leslie here and there, along with the goddess workout (introductory bellydancing). i think it's good to mix it up if you can...i tend to get bored, so that's what seems to work for me right now.

actually, i was about to pop in the power walking system soon...i'm going to do the 20 min turbo jam workout, too, so i'm trying to figure out if it's better to do leslie first or not...

heh.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 11:28

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

iasi - could you tell us more about the LS Walk away for abs one please? I can't find it in any store, but have considered ordering it online - but then, just wonder what all I have to do at the same time as I'm walking in order for it to work? I'm very uncoordinated, so that's why I have hesitated on getting her workouts, but I see on a post above that someone mentioned they didn't require alot of coordination; so now I'm back to thinking maybe I'll give it a try.
Thanks for any info.
Cats
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 21:31

BF:

hey cats...

i actually got my set at wal-mart. there are 3 VHS tapes (wish i had DVDs) and a special belt with flex bands (with handles) attached. there's a choice of the 1-mile, 2-mile, or 3-mile workout, which you can do with or without the belt. leslie says just having the belt around your waist makes you conscious of your abs the whole time, so you work them more. i don't know. you basically do arm exercises with the bands and that's it...but i did seem to feel extra pulling on my core. i don't remember if there are any special moves (it's been a while since i've done that particular workout 'cause i misplaced the belt...though you can work out without it), but i don't think it was all that difficult, routine-wise. i don't think it will trip you up. i thought it was a bit more intense than the other workouts i have.

hope you find it! i should go looking for my belt again...*LOL*
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 04:41
Princess PIA

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 210/176.6/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I ordered the 1-mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile walks on one DVD off e-bay this week. Just waiting for them to come in. A friend of mine swears by them. Says they are easy to follow and fun to do. She has lost 100+ pounds in the past year by lc and doing these videos. I plan on alternating this with my pilates to tone up the flabby areas and lose that last 25 pounds.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 05:07

BF:

which set of walks did you get? there are a bunch of themes...
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 06:37
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I have the one, two, and three miles for abs, they use the belt, the two mile high calorie burn, uses weights, and I just got the 4 mile super challenge, but its not opened yet, so far I can do all the moves and follow them without getting lost, and I am a klutz, also I like that you need hardly any space, because i have small rooms in my house, I do not even have to move the coffee table to do these tapes.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 21:59
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

Do you do them on a treadmill? I have a treadmill, but I never use it. I was thinking of trading it in for an elliptical. The elliptical doesn't seem to hurt me feet as much. I have massive bone spurs on both heels...