Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 08:53

Plan: CKD
Stats: 120/108/101 Female 61 inches
BF:18.46/18.46/?
Progress: 63%
Default Maintaining on a CKD after Loss

I've been on a CKD for 4.2 months (18 weeks). I stopped getting any results despite strict adherence about 3 weeks ago. People tell me it's because I need a diet break. I assume that means my body has adapted to the diet?

My calories 6 days a week on low carb days is about 11*bodyweight with <20gms carbs, 1g protein per lb of bodyweight (approx) and the rest good fats. I have a once a week evening carbup where I consume <35gms fat, adequate protein and about 370-400 gms of clean carbs.

All that has stopped working even though I'm in an average weekly deficit of about 4000 cals. For the last three weeks not an ounce lost, and I still have fat left to lose (albeit only about 5-8 pounds left to go).

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

I'm very comfortable with the CKD routine and hesitant to leave it. The last two times I tried CKD then stopped, I ended up gaining all the weight I lost quite quickly. The structure of the CKD suits me and I don't get tired of it since I vary my carbs and eat good satisfying food.

However I've been told I need to eat at maintenance level for 2 to 4 weeks. I'd like to just add a second carb up, mid week and doing so would make my average weekly calories 14*bodyweight which is a good maintenance level for me.

That way I can stick to the CKD structure but eat at maintenance calorie levels.

Do you think this will suffice to get my body responding to the CKD again after 2-4 weeks?

Has anyone else used a CKD structure at maintenance level calories to maintain a weight loss?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-07, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: Induction/Keto
Stats: 358/348/240 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 8%

You posted this awhile ago, but the way I see it, why go away from whats working?