Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 16:07

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 285/205/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Post Winsor Pilates

Does anyone else do Winsor Pilates?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 14:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/198/143 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 25%

yup there
i do the mari wimsor pilates and im ok with it. its not very cardio but it is rather tough when i have so much overweight , so im good. did you have a specific question about it ? then feel fre to ask me about it . but write to me in my journal or else i might not see it .
mylle
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 18:29

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

I have never done done the Winsor Pilates, but I have bought the CRUNCH videos of Pilates. They're pretty good and the isntructor (I don't remember her name, she's got brown hair and freaky blue eyes) is really good. They don't talk about losing weight here, or losing weight there, but rather gaining strength and toning. I like it. If I don't feel like doing cardio, I'll do the exercise ball or I'll do pilates, its good stuff!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I have Winsor Pilates DVD set and I LOVE it! My kids will even get on the floor and do it with me.
I really like how it targets strenghtening the 'powerhouse'. After 4 kids in 6 years, my powerhouse is in major need of a jumpstart. lol
The only negative thing I notice it that if I get off track and skip even a few days, it's like starting all over again. But, I guess it would be that way with just about any workout.
I like to alternate the pilates with walking. I try to do one or the other everyday.
If you are looking for cardio... this is NOT it. If you are looking for better posture and overall strength, it's great!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/160 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I do Winsor Pilates also. I do the 20 minute workout (naturally I follow the bent legs, not really raising the head of the floor girl). I don't find Mari too annoying either.

I had a look at the super sculpting dvd the other day but was too exhausted & sore from just watching it that I won't be doing that for a while Push my butt into the air then over my head?? Oh PLEASE!!!! LMAO
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 07:46

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 285/205/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I know that doing Pilates has made my powerhouse so much stronger. I have better posture too. And it has made me so much more flexible. But, you are right, if you get off track, it is like starting over again. (sore wise).
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 02:26

Plan: Anabolic Diet
Stats: 118/127/127 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

What I love about Winsor Pilates (and Pilates in general, did my 1st live group class at the gym yesterday) is the ab workout I get. In the gym, I can do the hydraulic ab crunch machine and hanging leg raises all I want and not feel it the next day. After Pilates, I always feel it in my abs. Will definitely be back for more!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 03:27

Plan: Paleo-FFP-IF
Stats: 233/168.5/130 Female 160 centimetres
BF:53%,34.5%,23%
Progress: 63%

I do it but I find it a little boring... sorry