Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 16:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/125/120 Female 65 in
BF:not sure
Progress: 80%
Talking kathy smith's project you

hello all. i've been wanting to order Kathy Smiths Project:You program that i saw in an info-mercial. i was wondering if any of you have tried her work outs and i'd love to hear the results you've had with it. right now i've been doing my 2 mile walk away the pounds (watp) and tae bo 30 min cardio videos. so far so good, but i am looking for something new. any suggestions would be great thanx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 19:05

Plan: n/a
Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Go for it!!! :)

Hi there!

I just wanted to share my experience with you about Kathy Smith's workouts. I have about 4 different ones by her, and to be honest I like her out of all my "personal trainers" around. I have tried, many different styles and series, such as the Firm and Tai Bo, but I keep reverting back to her videos. I recently purchased a video called Great Buns & Thighs Step Workout which was the video I did as a teenager. I was so excited to actually get a DVD copy since I thought they only made a VHS version.

I will tell you my story about how come I love Kathy so much. My senior year of HS I was taking a gym class and my gym teacher brought in the video for the class to work out to. I saw the video and I was hooked. I asked my teacher to make me a copy and she did, and I did that video everyday for the whole entire course year. I wanted to go to prom and look beautiful. I wen't from 165 pounds to 135 pounds, and I was toned! I felt really good about my progress, and thats why I wanted to start doing this DVD again.

I don't know which kinds of exercise you like best, but for me I enjoy step aerobics...especially since I tend to be heavy in my lower end. Walking is good to, but I normally do that for lunch if I go on a walk. Otherwise, its been Kathy all the way, and I am so happy I got "back with her!".

BTW, you should join the 35 pound and less challenge... on the Buddies and Challenges board. I noticed that you don't have much weight to drop and this could be a place were you can speak about similiar goals as others.

Hope this helps!

~Cora
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 11:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

I also do Step Aerobics and have a few of Kathy Smith's step tapes. I like her because she is very encouraging, and she actually makes mistakes in her videos just like a "normal" person !!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-13-05, 17:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

The workout program is a solid, well rounded program. It comes with a calendar telling you which workouts to do when over the course of the week.

Project: YOU! Comes with 7 workouts + the walking CD.

The week's calendar looks something like this:

Monday: Foundation/Lower Body/Abs
Tuesday: Foundation/Upper Body/Abs
Wednesday: Yoga/Pilates
Thursday: Foundation/Lower Body/Abs
Friday: Foundation/Upper Body/Abs
Saturday: Choice Day (from guidebook)
Sunday: Day off.

Foundation is a basic 30 minute aerobic workout and it's a good one. Gets the heart pumpin' for sure. Both strength workouts are solid too. The Power Push and Full Body Workouts are awesome too.

It's a solid workout library investment, for sure!

HTHS
~Brook
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-05, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/125/120 Female 65 in
BF:not sure
Progress: 80%

thanx for the info. just what i wanted to hear! what kind of results have you had from it? i'd love to know
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-08, 14:55

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default kathy smith's week 9-12

I've started Project You and realize I don't have the schedule for weeks 9-12. Can anyone tell me what to do what day? Jill